Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MotoGP: 2019 Round 09 - HJC Helmets Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland (SPOILERS)

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG View Post
    Not to mention WSBK racers have two races per weekend to make up the points.
    Beaten to it by PP

Start to mid of the race was good. Once Rins crashed out though just about all of the drama was gone. Cal did really well to make it up to a podium position. Rossi is still struggling big time.

The MotoE race was thoroughly enjoyable! I thought those bikes would be a lot quieter, but the whine and rumble between the electric motors and the tires was really something. Good action to from the flying lap qualifying to the short sprint race. That they're fast enough already to be plunking out Moto3 times is a good sign this early in their development.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Beaten to it by PP
    Haha! Won something! That's a rarity nowadays.........

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by budoist View Post
    Start to mid of the race was good. Once Rins crashed out though just about all of the drama was gone. Cal did really well to make it up to a podium position. Rossi is still struggling big time.

The MotoE race was thoroughly enjoyable! I thought those bikes would be a lot quieter, but the whine and rumble between the electric motors and the tires was really something. Good action to from the flying lap qualifying to the short sprint race. That they're fast enough already to be plunking out Moto3 times is a good sign this early in their development.
    Bit concerning how far they go when they crash......260kg isn't Goldwing territory but its more than a lot of big road bikes. They also make a right mess of the air-fence.

Can't remember who it was that went down but there were more than 4 marshalls trying to stand the thing up + they are instructed not to touch it if a red warning light is showing on the side...so then what happens?

At Sachsenring they had a specially adapted quad with a crane jib attachment to hoist them up, special blankets to put over them when crashed and load them straight into the back of a recovery truck and seal the door(s)........can't see that set up being available at every corner.

At the moment it seems to be a novelty that comes with a load of hassle.......its the future no doubt but maybe a bit premature to be attaching it to a World Championship series?

I can also foresee a marshalls rebellion.........there was a one make series in the UK for a while, Harley 1200 Sportsters IIRC, much crashing got to a standoff where the marshalls refused to pick 'em up any more. Bless 'em, some of our marshalls are not the healthiest of specimens as it is - double hernia with a gazillion volt electric shock thrown in is not an attractive proposition.

Interesting line up of riders tho'......

Quite a ride by Canet from 22nd to finish third. Great teamwork by the Leopard riders to shut him out on the last corner. Young Marquez is really shining this year, a double Marquez title year would be cool.
    The red mist free Marc is going to be unbeatable until someone calms down and outrides him. Cal worked hard all weekend which was nice to see. Watch for garage changes soon for Roscoe as he has run out of things [other than himself] to blame for his poor performance.

Maybe Ducati should have kept Crazy Joe.
    Dovi's latest whine is not champion level behavior. Was cool to see Petrucci put it to him.

I personally think that any of the main four are capable of winning a championship. By that I mean Yamaha, Honda, Ducati, and Suzuki, but you have to have a championship caliber rider on them to do it. The Honda has proven to be a difficult bike to ride, but MM is an extraordinary rider that can grasp it by the horns and make it work, much like Stoner did. Fabio is proving that the Yamaha is also a fast bike, capable of record setting times, while Rins has shown the Suzuki can run up front as well. Danilo has won an epic battle with the Duc. They are all very capable bikes, but only one rider has shown the tenacity and consistency, and he is leading the points.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

Aja - When all my dime dancin' is through
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Petrux signs a deal to ride for Ducati factory for 2020. Well deserved
    True that. Good on him. He’s fought for it.
    “The sad thing is you will never be freer or more yourself than when it’s five in the morning, the sun’s about to rise and you’re out of your mind” Nick

“Trump? He’s as stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale.” Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Haha! Won something! That's a rarity nowadays.........
    Damn! I hate losing! Missed it...
    Chris
    What kind of bike is that?
    It's an Aprilia!!!
    Who makes them?
    .......... lets go of clutch lever.

apriliaforum expert cggunnersmate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    I personally think that any of the main four are capable of winning a championship. By that I mean Yamaha, Honda, Ducati, and Suzuki, but you have to have a championship caliber rider on them to do it. The Honda has proven to be a difficult bike to ride, but MM is an extraordinary rider that can grasp it by the horns and make it work, much like Stoner did. Fabio is proving that the Yamaha is also a fast bike, capable of record setting times, while Rins has shown the Suzuki can run up front as well. Danilo has won an epic battle with the Duc. They are all very capable bikes, but only one rider has shown the tenacity and consistency, and he is leading the points.
    True, the four main factory bikes are probably as close as ever in performance level of the machines (each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses) but MM is in a league of his own at this point. He's obviously taking that Honda to a level no other rider can come close to (consistently). Ducatis are still super strong (nigh unbeatable) at certain tracks but lack luster at others and the Suzuki seems to have supplanted the Yamaha as the best all rounder though the Yammies finally seem to be getting back to that point now (for Vinales and FQ at least, whatever they found for him hasn't helped Rossi and Morbidelli is getting better).
    Brent
    Chief Gunnersmate
    U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
    Orlando Area
    '12 Tuono V4
    '03 Tuono (For Sale)
    '01 Speed Triple (RIP) 8/26/11
    '98 GSXR 600 (traded for the Tuoldo)
    '86 VFR Interceptor (died in Puerto Rico 20 years ago)

Did I hear the commentators say that MM has to carry a greater lean angle than normal to get the best out a the Honda.?

New lean angle record!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 11.24.40 PM.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	384294

FFS - the guy is going to need teflon shoulder pads.
    JD

Futura
    Bunch of dirtbikes

Quote Originally Posted by ape66 View Post
    Did I hear the commentators say that MM has to carry a greater lean angle than normal to get the best out a the Honda.?
    They said to get it to turn, according to MM.
    Beware the festive dog; drive soothingly over the grease-mud, for therein lies the skid demon.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming in terror, like his passengers -- Jack Handey

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by ape66 View Post
    Shades of the Stoner days on the Ducati when teammates and Rossi said they couldn't or wouldn't ride the bike in the way he did to make it work.

"If you check a little bit this year, we are using a lot of banking, too much. And the reason why we are using so much banking is because the bike is not turning," said Marquez, seeking his tenth Sachsenring victory in a row and fastest on Friday.

"So then I use all this banking not because it's my riding style, not because I like it, but because I need to. We are trying to find more turning by [modifying] the chassis."
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/92...se-i-it-i-need
    Beware the festive dog; drive soothingly over the grease-mud, for therein lies the skid demon.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming in terror, like his passengers -- Jack Handey

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345