Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP: 2019 Round 08 - Motul TT Assen (SPOILERS)

apriliaforum expert cggunnersmate's Avatar
    Yeah, Herve runs Tech3 more like a family from what I've heard, seems to really care for his riders. Going from that to all business Austrians...

Though to be fair, Pit and co seem to be really dedicated to their GP project. You'd have thought they'd won a championship at the end of the day at Valencia last year, though 2 wins and 3 KTMs on the podium in all 3 classes was pretty amazing, granted the weather helped.
    Brent
    Chief Gunnersmate
    U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
    Orlando Area
    '12 Tuono V4
    '03 Tuono (For Sale)
    '01 Speed Triple (RIP) 8/26/11
    '98 GSXR 600 (traded for the Tuoldo)
    '86 VFR Interceptor (died in Puerto Rico 20 years ago)

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cggunnersmate View Post
    Yeah, Herve runs Tech3 more like a family from what I've heard, seems to really care for his riders. Going from that to all business Austrians...

Though to be fair, Pit and co seem to be really dedicated to their GP project. You'd have thought they'd won a championship at the end of the day at Valencia last year, though 2 wins and 3 KTMs on the podium in all 3 classes was pretty amazing, granted the weather helped.
    Yep, they're coming.....maybe a bit overambitious to cover all 3 classes successfully in such a short space of time and not follow the herd by copying other manufacturers frame architecture etc, but they'll get there, they're certainly not playing at it.

I was a bit miffed to see Danilo able to obviously run faster than Dovi, but dropping back on a couple occasions to let Dovi back by. I am not a fan of that kind of racing and would be embarrassed to place like that. You should earn your spot.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Theres an interesting interview with Carlo Pernat on gpone. He says that Gigi is angry because for 2 seasons they had the best bike and won nothing. Time for Dovi to ship out ??

apriliaforum expert
    There's probably going to be super big bucks in 2021 to bring the 93 if they want a championship. They really shouldn't have played with JLo but they burnt themselves.
    Doesn't look like anyone can beat the 93 while he's on the Honda, it would level down the playfield once he move out, at least for the 1st season.

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Theres an interesting interview with Carlo Pernat on gpone. He says that Gigi is angry because for 2 seasons they had the best bike and won nothing. Time for Dovi to ship out ??

Quote Originally Posted by ZarcoChamp View Post
    Doesn't look like anyone can beat the 93 while he's on the Honda, it would level down the playfield once he move out, at least for the 1st season.
    Don't know about that, I think the Duc is a better bike, that would put him even further ahead. Reckon he's a bit like Stoner in that he doesn't need much of a learning curve before he can go fast.
    seesecurity.com.au

yeah. you put him on the duc, and noone is catching him. he wouldn't have to push it and crash.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. I’m gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

apriliaforum expert
    While I see FQ as a potelntial future champion, we have to remember that Assen was Fabio´s 8th motogp race while this is MM´s 7th Motogp season.
    And Marc is exceptional in that he has dominated the series right from the start, no other rider in recent past has succeeded in this (KR maybe in 78-80)
    So, I don´t expect him to challenge Marc right away but he does show a lot of talent and maturity for such a young and inexperienced guy.

Aja - When all my dime dancin' is through
    Do you see Danillo stressed lately? I don't think so, he's blossomed since he won in Mugello, and I am willing to bet he will have more points than Dovi at the end of the year. Dovi is stressed because it's been years everyone said he's the only one that can give it to MM.

The stress on Zarco is due to the shit bike, not Zarco's lack of talent, they gave him a truck to race with. I'm certain if he could take VR46's spot in 2021, it would be a widely different outcome than in KTM.

You're right about Suzuki, they have the right approach for an underdog, lots of positive attitude, not a lot of stress and nurturing talent.. Total opposite of KTM.
    He's running out of time, and he knows it.
    “When you're dead, you don't know you're dead—just like when you're stupid.” Someone

“Trump? He’s as stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale.” Nancy.

Aja - When all my dime dancin' is through
    Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    yeah Brad seemed to think they may have made some progress.

You guys are cruel though, no mention of Remy Gardner getting his first win.
    & it was Pole conversion as well, no luck involved.
    He has been riding the wheels off the bike lately & finally kept them planted rubber side down for the whole race.
    RG's been doing great the last few races. Finally clicking and his talent is showing through. Pity he binned it.
    “When you're dead, you don't know you're dead—just like when you're stupid.” Someone

“Trump? He’s as stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale.” Nancy.

apriliaforum expert
    No doubt, Pit said they would look at the results during the summer break but.... if they sack him at the end of the year, there's no one else available... Ianone? Would that be better? A rookie like Brad? I'm not sure they'd gain anything
    The feeling goes both way, that's certain

Quote Originally Posted by LEDAero View Post
    He's running out of time, and he knows it.

zarco said in an interview that he wasn't anymore able to control the bike in corner entrees and on the brakes,so he decided to park the bike before causing a pile up!!!

lol.

this guy is about to destroy it's career as rider. he MUST get out of there asap.he's bashed by pierer all the time anyways.

apriliaforum expert
    It's a dead end for both, KTM & Zarco.
    Zarco has nowhere else to go in GP & KTM doesn't have any one else to bring in that would do any better which is why it is likely to last another season

It's a dead end for both, KTM & Zarco.
    Zarco has nowhere else to go in GP & KTM doesn't have any one else to bring in that would do any better which is why it is likely to last another season
    don't you think that zarco back within a yamaha satellite team,or ducati pramac wouldn't be a good cure and wouldn't bring his confidence and riding talent back? not sure he's permanently black listed by the KTM ''mistake''' right now.

apriliaforum expert
    I meant nowhere to go in GP end of 2019, not end of 2020. Petronas will sign Fabio again, there's no seat available.

2021 is a different story, Pramac wouldn't be a good idea because the Ducati doesn't suit his riding style, he needs s smooth ride.
    2021, it seems, from what we hear, that Avintia will have factory Suzuki bikes, there's an opening here and his riding style would be perfect for a Suzuki bike but he doesn't bring big money like Rabat or Abraham, so difficult to say.
    2021, it's unlikely Rossi will sign again if he doesn't do top 6 in the championship, so either Morbi/FQ may go to Yamaha, then there would be an open slot there too in Petronas for Zarco.
    Other than that... well... wsbk.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast