Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP: 2019 Round 08 - Motul TT Assen (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by ZarcoChamp View Post
    Do you see Danillo stressed lately? I don't think so, he's blossomed since he won in Mugello, and I am willing to bet he will have more points than Dovi at the end of the year. Dovi is stressed because it's been years everyone said he's the only one that can give it to MM.

The stress on Zarco is due to the shit bike, not Zarco's lack of talent, they gave him a truck to race with. I'm certain if he could take VR46's spot in 2021, it would be a widely different outcome than in KTM.
    agreed 100% with all this

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    agreed 100% with all this
    pertux seems willing to push the ducati over its limits a little more than dovi. i noticed he leans more and open the throttle sooner in the corners than dovi.....but doovi is still aiming the championnship.not danillo. i was looking at both of them when they were riding 4-5...danillo was trying to bring dovi to up its pace . you can see he's trying to help dovisioso.

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Are KTM back in Moto 2?, great showing by Brad Binder, he fought bloody hard for his place. The second KTM was in the mix till he binned it late.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

apriliaforum expert
    KTM has had a pretty miserable season so far, their frame does not seem to work at all well with the Triump engine.
    Let´s hope they have found some improvements, Aki is after all if not a close friend than at least a guy I know personally.
    Baldassari´s move in the race was a bit ambitious to say the least, no wonder Alex was a bit peeved at him.
    But a racing incident imo, if you see a space you take it if you want to win. This time it just ended badly.

apriliaforum expert
    if I recall well, they have a new swingarm, and should have a new frame soon. But it seems they've done something, even Bezz got into the top 10 while being nowhere all season.
    Still missing a lot because if Balda/AM incident didn't happen, I don't think he'd be on the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    Are KTM back in Moto 2?, great showing by Brad Binder, he fought bloody hard for his place. The second KTM was in the mix till he binned it late.

ahead of dovi at the end? I'LL TAKE THAT BET.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. I’m gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    yeah Brad seemed to think they may have made some progress.

You guys are cruel though, no mention of Remy Gardner getting his first win.
    & it was Pole conversion as well, no luck involved.
    He has been riding the wheels off the bike lately & finally kept them planted rubber side down for the whole race.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    You guys are cruel though, no mention of Remy Gardner getting his first win.
    & it was Pole conversion as well, no luck involved.
    He has been riding the wheels off the bike lately & finally kept them planted rubber side down for the whole race.
    I don't understand
    seesecurity.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    I don't understand
    Yeah I was having a go at ya, should have used the sarcasm font.
    He crashed again unfortunately.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

Ah, thought age was catching up with me for a moment.
    seesecurity.com.au

i'm not sure i agree with baldassari's move on alex marquez ;while, marquez is still 111 to luthi's 117,but baldassari crashes more often than it's turn lately,his pass on marquez wasn't pure genious ,really. remy gardner has a bright futur in GP, he,s gonna be very good with an added season or 2 in moto 2. xavier vierge got VERY lucky when he fell down to not being run over when he was laying in the middle of the track.....wheeew.

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Yeah, bloody shame for that boy, he's got the talent and will power, he will win one sooner or later.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

apriliaforum expert cggunnersmate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Not that I'm a Rossi fan, but credit to him for being the voice of reason about Jorge's bowling ball. Unlike his teammate MV, Rossi just said it's racing, it happens.

Lorenzo's pass on Vinales was the most conservative of the 3 passes taking place in that corner at that time. Looking at the aerial footage, MM made a long lunge at Dovi and Rossi's was braver still, probably would have run deep into that corner.

Lorenzo's pass likely would have worked out fine if Dovi hadn't been there, Lorenzo was well alongside Vinales going in but I think Dovi checked up to try and cut under MM and it caught Lorenzo out, too much brake and bam..

Not even going to get into Cal's ridiculous pass attempt later...
    Brent
    Chief Gunnersmate
    U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
    Orlando Area
    '12 Tuono V4
    '03 Tuono (For Sale)
    '01 Speed Triple (RIP) 8/26/11
    '98 GSXR 600 (traded for the Tuoldo)
    '86 VFR Interceptor (died in Puerto Rico 20 years ago)

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarcoChamp View Post
    Do you see Danillo stressed lately? I don't think so, he's blossomed since he won in Mugello, and I am willing to bet he will have more points than Dovi at the end of the year. Dovi is stressed because it's been years everyone said he's the only one that can give it to MM.

The stress on Zarco is due to the shit bike, not Zarco's lack of talent, they gave him a truck to race with. I'm certain if he could take VR46's spot in 2021, it would be a widely different outcome than in KTM.

You're right about Suzuki, they have the right approach for an underdog, lots of positive attitude, not a lot of stress and nurturing talent.. Total opposite of KTM.
    About Zarco, he needs to start beating his team mate or at least running with him. The bike is not as bad as it is with him on it. It isn't all the bike. Zarco needs to adapt to the bike he is riding. When he is the fastest guy on a KTM we can start blaming the bike. Until then he needs to step it up. Otherwise, his speed on the Tech 3 Yamaha will be just a fluke.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuzziMoto View Post
    About Zarco, he needs to start beating his team mate or at least running with him. The bike is not as bad as it is with him on it. It isn't all the bike. Zarco needs to adapt to the bike he is riding. When he is the fastest guy on a KTM we can start blaming the bike. Until then he needs to step it up. Otherwise, his speed on the Tech 3 Yamaha will be just a fluke.
    That's how it is on a factory bike - big bucks and high expectation from the team not being fulfilled and the pressure cranks up. In the Tech 3 team he was an unexpectedly successful underdog so a different environment.......stressed? At times you see the poor guy in the garage and he has a brow so furrowed a farmer could plant a row of potatoes in it!

Can't say he's not trying because he's certainly crashing a lot, but it seems to be always the same front end wash out when he pushes.......if Pol wasn't getting better results the pressure would be less but he was brought in to be 'team leader', he's either got to adapt or hope that there's an improved bike on the way that suits him better.

KTM seem just a ruthless as most of the other factories - they'll ditch him if he doesn't come up to expectations.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast