Thread: Piaggio Fly 150 2006 no power after being stolen

apriliaforum newb

Question Piaggio Fly 150 2006 no power after being stolen

I have the 2006 edition of the Piaggio Fly 150. A few weeks ago, it disappeared from outside my house. Then, about a week later, I found it parked in the alley next store. (Weird, right?)

As far as I can tell, the only thing that had been tampered with was a couple of connections under the front panel — the ignition/key lock and a four-pronged translucent connector were both unplugged (forgive my technical illiteracy). I plugged both back in, but inserting the key into the ignition did nothing — no dash lights, and no response from the engine if I try to turn it on.

What could be the problem? My first guess is that the battery is dead, although I haven't tried jumping it because I don't know the ramifications of using a car to jump a scooter. (Suggestions for doing so are welcome.) Would the dash lights also fail light up, if the battery is depleted enough? I had never had a problem with the battery before, even when the scooter sat for a few weeks.

In addition to that, are there any other things the thief may have tampered with, but that I may not have spotted without disassembling the whole thing? Obviously the only way to know for sure would be to take it apart, but I'm wondering if there's any piece of particular value/utility inside that could have been taken for use in another vehicle/for sale.

apriliaforum Member
    Thief could of disabled the theft deterrent antenna? Dont know if yours has one though. I would buy a batter tender, and charge your battery. Its an item you will use more than you think. Maybe $35 (i use a deltran 1.5 amp) Check fuses. Look for any wires that look out of place, or disconnected. Down load a parts fiche, its a great asset.
    Make sure battery cables are connected good. Maybe get a batter tester as well
    2016 Piaggio BV 350
    2008 Yamaha WR 250