Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 2019 Tuono Factory Owner - few questions

apriliaforum newb
    I wonder how many people who talk about the "Magnuson-Moss. Act" have ever had to use it? Although it does offer protection, its not as if someone from the govt steps in, free of charge, and acts on your behalf. No, the first step is your writing a check, to a lawyer. Probably enough to have fixed your machine. At that point, things start moving slowly. Your car, or motorcycle will sit there, waiting for some sort of decision or resolution. If you win, you might get your money back, or some portion of it, but it's not nearly as cute, or easy as people make it sound.

If it's an exhaust system, at some point you, the owner, gets to answer the question, " Sir, you were aware that the exhaust system you installed violated federal, and state emissions laws, correct? I wonder how it goes, after that?
    Last edited by rcannon409; 06-29-2019 at 07:30 PM.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    That diagram was issued by Aprilia USA, that's how much I understand, so they can show that they have advised what parts will be considered a violation of your warranty.
    If you consider the advisory notice from Aprilia USA as misinformation, then go ahead & do what you like with your bike.

Now you are from California, so your dealer can get into huge trouble for installing any exhaust on your bike that does not meet US EPA homologation, unless he can prove that it is a track/Race bike only. No registered road bikes can do this.
    Seeing as this forum hasn’t updated its software in some time....have a ‘like’!

1 letter of complaint to the State attorney general office has worked for me the 2 times I've needed to take it that far in 30 years. So, while not specifically Mag-Moss action in Federal Court, I find most will comply with the right approach.

Always be fair, firm and civil. Their actions are often determined by how serious they think you are. Don't threaten action, do it.
    Last edited by sdiver68; 07-03-2019 at 06:42 PM.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    Hello,

I've had my new bike for about 2 and a half weeks and I'm having an absolute blast. I have a few questions though:

1> Does anyone know where to find a pdf version of the Owner's Manual? I haven't seen anything yet that covers the Factory version of the 2019 bike.

Thanks.
    Does Aprilia not provide a printed copy of the owners manual when you purchase the bike?

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    Does Aprilia not provide a printed copy of the owners manual when you purchase the bike?
    Yep, and it's huge (thick) with really small print. I definitely don't want to be packing it around on the bike. I carry pdf manuals for all my bikes on my phone. I ended up getting a 2017 owners manual pdf for now. It's accurate with the exception of the semi-active suspension stuff so it will work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12