Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2019 Tuono Factory Owner - few questions

apriliaforum newb

New 2019 Tuono Factory Owner - few questions

Hello,

I've had my new bike for about 2 and a half weeks and I'm having an absolute blast. I have a few questions though:

1> Does anyone know where to find a pdf version of the Owner's Manual? I haven't seen anything yet that covers the Factory version of the 2019 bike.

2> What are the aftermarket exhaust options that won't void the warranty?

3> What are the parameters for the different levels of AWC?

Thanks.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    Hello,

I've had my new bike for about 2 and a half weeks and I'm having an absolute blast. I have a few questions though:

1> Does anyone know where to find a pdf version of the Owner's Manual? I haven't seen anything yet that covers the Factory version of the 2019 bike.

2> What are the aftermarket exhaust options that won't void the warranty?

3> What are the parameters for the different levels of AWC?

Thanks.
    if you down load the v4 app on your phone owners manual is there

No exhaust keeps warranty and its a really good idea to have it tuned with a exhaust

AWC, start with 3 it's jerky 2 is slightly less and 1 works really got but it will have the wheel up for sure.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacheeoh View Post
    if you down load the v4 app on your phone owners manual is there

No exhaust keeps warranty and its a really good idea to have it tuned with a exhaust

AWC, start with 3 it's jerky 2 is slightly less and 1 works really got but it will have the wheel up for sure.
    Thanks. That's a bummer about the aftermarket exhaust but I'll download the app for sure.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Canít you get the Akra W/ unlock code from dealer and still be warrantied ?

apriliaforum newb
    Wow, that V4 app could sure use an update. The most current model it will let me choose is a MY2017. Granted the only difference is probably the suspension stuff. On my Galaxy S8 phone, everything seems to work except for the manual, instructions and legal notices. On my iPad everything seems to work fine. I'll try my Galaxy S10+ when I get home.

apriliaforum newb
    Why does everyone keep saying the same incorrect info?? In the USA, aftermarket exhausts do NOT void warranty. Don’t believe me? Look it up. It’s against the law for a manufacturer to ‘void the warranty’ in the USA. They have to prove that any installed after market part caused any issue you may have.

For further info, look up Magnuson Moss Warranty Act
    Last edited by JonnyTuono; 06-25-2019 at 08:46 PM.

apriliaforum Member Toastynacho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTuono View Post
    Why does everyone keep saying the same incorrect info?? In the USA, aftermarket exhausts do NOT void warranty. Don’t believe me? Look it up. It’s against the law for a manufacturer to ‘void the warranty’ in the USA. They have to prove that any installed after market part caused any issue you may have.

For further info, look up Magnuson Moss Warranty Act
    While true, it's very easy for a manufacturer to not accept a claim on an internally lubricated part, when a fairly vital item like the exhaust system is altered. A stuck caliper or swollen tank sure, a dropped valve is a different story.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastynacho View Post
    While true, it's very easy for a manufacturer to not accept a claim on an internally lubricated part, when a fairly vital item like the exhaust system is altered. A stuck caliper or swollen tank sure, a dropped valve is a different story.
    Very easy? I don’t think so...they have to prove it. Very simply, the statement ‘aftermarket exhaust voids your warranty’ is incorrect. That’s the only point I was making.

Very easy? I don’t think so...they have to prove it. Very simply, the statement ‘aftermarket exhaust voids your warranty’ is incorrect. That’s the only point I was making.
    You sure, Aprilia don't agree with you.
    Name:  Exhaust 17 USA.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  83.2 KB
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    You sure, Aprilia don't agree with you.
    Name:  Exhaust 17 USA.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  83.2 KB
    what part of ‘in the USA’ do you not understand? It is a USA law that manufactures cannot void the warranty for aftermarket exhaust. Does NOT matter what Aprilia or any other manufacturer says. In the US, the manufacturer has to prove that any damage is a result of an improperly installed aftermarket product. I have no idea what happens in other countries, but that is how it is here. Considering that the OP lives in the USA, I wanted to make sure he had the correct info. Interestingly, my local Aprilia dealer actually said this to me last week when I brought the bike in for an oil change. We were discussing my slip on and he made the comment in regard to misinformation that is put out there...

apriliaforum Junkie
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9F860D10-9A34-4CCD-964F-AFAAB9932CF2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	383458

Very happy with my hand me down RSV1100Factory Akra... fruity sounding without attracting unnecessary attention and being a bellend ...

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnrazor View Post

Very happy with my hand me down RSV1100Factory Akra... fruity sounding without attracting unnecessary attention and being a bellend ...
    I have that on my 19 Factory. It’s expensive for what it is but it sounds lovely and looks a lot better than stock to me with no mapping or warranty issues.

apriliaforum Member Toastynacho's Avatar
    First of all, you can preach magnuson moss all you want, but i've delt with countless brands and dealers (sold, appraised and bought cars for the largest auction in the country) And when it comes down to it, trying to enforce that is an incredible pain in the ass. And god forbid you have a dealer or service manager that wont budge, because then you have to get legal with him and that takes time, your money, and generally sucks.

Like I said, You can have blanket components that are related to an exhaust system and are a scapegoat for a failure claim. Something like burnt valves is a thing that is easily blamed on an exhaust system. Their "proof" is a certified technician saying so. Considering there's no log of what the motor decided to do, or why it did it because it's a motor and not a person, it can get very difficult to deny such exhaust system had a hand in the failure.

Overall It works at some dealers, but at locations where people are often uninformed about the law, you'll be ripping your hair out dealing with it.

what part of ‘in the USA’ do you not understand?
    That diagram was issued by Aprilia USA, that's how much I understand, so they can show that they have advised what parts will be considered a violation of your warranty.
    If you consider the advisory notice from Aprilia USA as misinformation, then go ahead & do what you like with your bike.

Now you are from California, so your dealer can get into huge trouble for installing any exhaust on your bike that does not meet US EPA homologation, unless he can prove that it is a track/Race bike only. No registered road bikes can do this.
    Last edited by plocky; 06-28-2019 at 05:37 PM.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

apriliaforum newb
    Well...let’s see...I’m 51 years old...owned 20 bikes since 1986...everyone with an aftermarket exhaust. Had some warranty claims here and there, never had an issue. Been in California the entire time. Never had one issue with any brand including Ducati and Aprilia...I think I’ll trust my own experience, thanks...and btw, my Aprilia dealer is awesome...I installed the exhaust, they did the rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast