Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Thread: Deals Gap 2019

  1. #16
    apriliaforum expert FZ1JOE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    786
    Excellent price, I paid about the same for my Penski 8975 and those AK-20. It's worth to me because I tend to keep my bikes for a long time.

  2. #17
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    asheville nc, 1 hour from the gap
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospected View Post
    18' R1
    Zero Gravity Corsa screen
    Ohlins TTX GP shock
    Ohlins NIX front cartridges
    Vesrah RJL pads
    Woolich Race flash
    Akrapovic 3/4 titanium system
    -1 +1 gearing
    TST Industries fender eliminator
    Light Tech mirror block offs
    GB covers
    Sticky rubber varies on the ride
    I had a 16 S model for a little bit. I really liked it. The brakes had the typical Yamaha wooden feel tho. Did the Ohlins make a big difference in the suspension?
    The man who makes a beast of himself rids himself of the pain of being a man. Foreword to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

  3. #18
    apriliaforum expert Prospected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by 421switch View Post
    I had a 16 S model for a little bit. I really liked it. The brakes had the typical Yamaha wooden feel tho. Did the Ohlins make a big difference in the suspension?
    Aftermarket suspension is a must if you ride fast. The rear shock has limited adjustability but will bottom out going fast unless your the weight of Pedrosa. The M is not worth the electronic suspension unless you want the bling of the carbon and datalogger, it's just not worth the significant more of a price.

  4. #19
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    asheville nc, 1 hour from the gap
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospected View Post
    Aftermarket suspension is a must if you ride fast. The rear shock has limited adjustability but will bottom out going fast unless your the weight of Pedrosa. The M is not worth the electronic suspension unless you want the bling of the carbon and datalogger, it's just not worth the significant more of a price.
    True that. Most bikes I buy either have Ohlins on them or I put Ohlins on. I didn't have the R1 long enough to change the suspension. The stock Kayaba suspension was pretty good, stiff af, but better stiff than having it blow through the travel and rebound you into oblivion. I'm thinking about picking another one up and was toying with the idea of an M, but I really don't want the electronic suspension. Did the pads give the brakes any more feel?
    The man who makes a beast of himself rids himself of the pain of being a man. Foreword to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

  5. #20
    apriliaforum expert Prospected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by 421switch View Post
    True that. Most bikes I buy either have Ohlins on them or I put Ohlins on. I didn't have the R1 long enough to change the suspension. The stock Kayaba suspension was pretty good, stiff af, but better stiff than having it blow through the travel and rebound you into oblivion. I'm thinking about picking another one up and was toying with the idea of an M, but I really don't want the electronic suspension. Did the pads give the brakes any more feel?
    Pads were significantly better but I'd still go one more up for hotter roads and track

  6. #21
    apriliaforum expert Prospected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,032
    Some of our Rt. 60 ride. I'm leading on the R1 with a 1299s in 2nd, camera man is on a 18 Gsxr-R.

    Last edited by Prospected; 07-02-2019 at 12:57 PM. Reason: re-upload

  7. #22
    apriliaforum expert speedtoyz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospected View Post
    Some of our Rt. 60 ride. I'm leading on the R1 with a 1299s in 2nd, camera man is on a 18 Gsxr-R.

    I would like to see it!

  8. #23
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    358
    I canít wait for September when we come up !
    I need to sneak up for a preorder one weekend this month . But just over 8 hrs is a hump .

  9. #24
    apriliaforum expert Prospected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,032
    Posted the 1st part since the 2nd wasn't loading for some reason

  10. #25
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    East Coast, US
    Posts
    78
    Don't miss much about NC, but I do miss both the beaches and the TN border.

  11. #26
    apriliaforum expert CIAO 70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Herrin, Illinois
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospected View Post
    Posted the 1st part since the 2nd wasn't loading for some reason
    Did that video start out at the Rock Pile?

    When I was down there the end of May they were working on that intersection (where 19 and 60 meet up)

    Audio sounds terrific BTW.

  12. #27
    apriliaforum Member The Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    248
    Great video.
    Mark D. (aka The Alien....... definitely no relation to "The Aliens")
    2007.5 Tuono
    2015 Caponord
    2007 RXV 4.5
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track)...... gotta have one that isn't an Ape

  13. #28
    apriliaforum expert FZ1JOE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    786
    That Video had me leaning in my seat here in my office .. awesome

  14. #29
    apriliaforum expert Prospected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,032
    Coming back down in 3 weeks gents.... hitting the Snake, Python, Back of the Dragon, Devils Whip, 181, Moonshiner 28, and the Dragon. Stand up guys who corner low...

  15. #30
    apriliaforum expert Prospected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,032
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0C3D7027-2EF2-418E-B718-7A41F5B06931.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	385626

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My trip to Deals Gap "The Dragon"
    By gsxrjoe in forum Aprilia Owner's Pictures, Videos, and Sounds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 02:23 PM
  2. Mille spoted at Deals Gap 12/11
    By Drt Boy in forum RSV1000 Mille, Mille R, and Mille SP (1998-2003)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 05:15 PM
  3. meeting the locals at Deals Gap
    By Jimbobvfr in forum RSV1000 Mille, Mille R, and Mille SP (1998-2003)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 03:05 PM
  4. Ride Test of Caponord at Deals Gap
    By Jack in forum ETV1000 CapoNord (2001-2007)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2002, 09:56 PM
  5. On the way to deals gap, HWY 129
    By shp43 in forum Aprilia Owner's Pictures, Videos, and Sounds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2002, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •