Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible crash in NH

It amazes me he didn't get arrested at the scene, and had some thing of testing done for drugs and alcohol . He had to be speeding to make a trailer jack knife for no reason. So he goes to jail, the company is going to get sued big time and 7 people are dead. Tragic story really because of one asshole, I hope he gets convicted and goes to jail for a long time.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by FZ1JOE View Post
    It amazes me he didn't get arrested at the scene, and had some thing of testing done for drugs and alcohol . He had to be speeding to make a trailer jack knife for no reason. So he goes to jail, the company is going to get sued big time and 7 people are dead. Tragic story really because of one asshole, I hope he gets convicted and goes to jail for a long time.
    100% agree. Fatal accident and the police chose not to get a blood test immediately. You would think it’s required by law.
    Hoosier, not hoser.
    2000.5 Mille R - Ti Shotguns & lots of Evo shtuff
    2016 Tuono 1100 Factory
    1983 Yamaha XJ650LK Seca Turbo
    2006 Yamaha FJR1300AE

apriliaforum expert 2nd Childhood's Avatar
    According to this, he refused a blood test at the time of the accident: https://news.yahoo.com/truck-driver-...l&uh_test=2_06
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I was younger I was afraid I'd die riding. Now that I'm old and falling apart, I'm afraid I won't.

apriliaforum expert
    There wasn't one asshole, there were many. Refused to be tested and was let go? If all the reports are true then the lives lost were forfeited by those charged with public safety long before the collision.

The driver gets a trial, convicted and goes to prison. Those who had a duty to prevent this from happening in the first place? They'll all keep their jobs, pensions and suffer nothing. Those riders were killed long before this guy came along in his truck. He did the deed but he had plenty of help and those people walk away clean.

If the reports about his DUI conviction are true, the riders were doomed the day the state returned his driver license.

In most states if you refuse a sobriety test in any form you automatically surrender your driver's license for at least six months.
    There is so much irregular about this accident.

KB

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert
    ICE just put an immigration detainer hold on the truck driver. A judge ordered him held in custody citing his being a danger to himself and others.
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

I have to question that without the outrage and pushback from the citizens, would this truck driver even be arrested?

KB

apriliaforum expert
    7 people died. This situation was never going to exist without the outrage.
    2009 Shiver (White) | UK

apriliaforum expert
    The head of the Mass. DMV has resigned. The DMV failed to rescind the commercial driver license that allowed the guy to continue driving for that transportation company.

Just following already established regulations would have saved those 7 lives. Now they need to find out the why. They have the driver, now find everyone in the chain, that is who needs finding. This is part of the tragedy, allowing people to resign instead of facing responsibility and accountability.

I thought a single DUI was enough to remove your CDL for at least ten years? I know several CDL holders and they just don't drink or they have someone else to drive. Neighbor across the street has his own trucking business and he only has a beer when he's at home and not going anywhere.
    CapoETV is correct. Way too many people in the chain of command dropped the ball before this puke crossed over into the bikes.

KB

Aja - When all my dime dancin' is through
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Childhood View Post
    From the local Boston CBS station: "There was a pickup truck with a flatbed trailer heading west and he crossed the yellow line and tried to swerve back and his trailer jackknifed and wiped out [the] people on the motorcycles,” said Jerry Hamanne, who owns The Inn at Bowman nearby."
    My best friend died the same way in '82. It was a truck towing a boat. We were a few miles back.
    “When you're dead, you don't know you're dead—just like when you're stupid.” Someone

“Trump? He’s as stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale.” Nancy.

Aja - When all my dime dancin' is through
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Childhood View Post
    According to this, he refused a blood test at the time of the accident: https://news.yahoo.com/truck-driver-...l&uh_test=2_06
    That gets you a ride in the back of a police car, back home.
    “When you're dead, you don't know you're dead—just like when you're stupid.” Someone

“Trump? He’s as stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale.” Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by CapoEVT View Post
    The head of the Mass. DMV has resigned. The DMV failed to rescind the commercial driver license that allowed the guy to continue driving for that transportation company.

Just following already established regulations would have saved those 7 lives. Now they need to find out the why. They have the driver, now find everyone in the chain, that is who needs finding. This is part of the tragedy, allowing people to resign instead of facing responsibility and accountability.
    As much as everyone would love for each individual in the chain to be held accountable, they won’t. The head has taken the hit instantly and I’m sure will receive off the record benefits and another job somewhere else. There are thousands of cases like this driver in each state one collision away from this same incident. This incident is entirely political and should be treated as such but won’t be simply because of dislike for a President, Conservatism, soft law, perceived ‘racism’, etc...pick your cop out for simple ‘right vs wrong’.

With seven fatalities and a refusal of a blood test one would think the authorities would ask for a warrant from a judge for a blood draw. It's not like seven dead does not constitute probable cause.
    It's not like he was wandering to both sides of his lane and a LEO pulled him over on a suspicion of DUI. Maybe no warrant for a blood draw then, but just maybe. Seven dead bodies on the road and jeeze, do we take this before a judge?
    And people want to turn over their personal security and other parts of their lives to these POS paper pushers.

KB

This is not a political cover-up. This is a case of government workers covering for another government worker. No matter the politics of the authorities involved they will be taken care of by everyone else in the government around them. The shuffle of people here there and everywhere has nothing to do with a D or an R.
    About twenty years ago the Mayor of Boise ID was caught in a scandal and the police chief, the mayor's political hire, was videoed helping the Mayor remove boxes from the mayor's office and then returning with boxes and electronics (laptops etc.) just before a search of the Mayor's records ordered by the city council. The Police chief was fired immediately. About two months later he was police chief somewhere else.
    Cover-up.

KB

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast