Thread: 2002 Mille starter battery issue

apriliaforum newb

2002 Mille starter battery issue

hey guys, new to the group and need some help. Bought a pampered Mille last summer and then had foot surgery so just getting around to riding it and having some issues. Battery was giving me issues as I hadn't ridden it and finally replaced it recently. Kept it on a tender and rode to work today no problems. Riding home from work the starter would just start engaging as the bike was running. It stopped and I got home. Pullled up to the garage and shut it down and the starter tried to turn the bike over again, and then it all went blank. No more power, no more nothing. The negative terminal on the battery was warmer than I would expect but aside from that I now have zero power, zero anything. Hooked my tender back up to the bike and it won't seem to charge. HELP!!!

apriliaforum prov-nov OnlyLookItalian's Avatar
    I would post this in the Mille group page. If you are on the main forum page it’s located in the third box down under Rotax Era 1998-2009. Better chance of it getting noticed there.

Also, it sounds like your starter has bit the bullet. In your service manual there should be a three component test you can perform on your starter to check if it is working properly. If not just google bench testing a starter for instructions. It’s best to take it out of the bike and bench test it with a fully charged battery. If any one of the three tests fails then the starter needs to be replaced.
    Last edited by OnlyLookItalian; 06-22-2019 at 06:15 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    Thank You...was just looking for obvious owner answers before i dug too deep or spent too much money...Appreciate you taking the time to respond.