Thread: Rs 250 rear shock rebound adjustment

apriliaforum newb

Rs 250 rear shock rebound adjustment

Hi, could anyone tell me how to get at the adjuster on the bottom of the shock. Is there a special tool for this. I think it is a standard shock (sachs) . The screw is obstructed by the swinging arm. Any help would be very much appreciated,

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Matt, sorry for the delay on getting back to you. I'v been getting a few track days in so I'v been spending most of my spare time working on my R1 . Thanks for the link, I will have a go at the height adjuster and rebound when I get a chance. I see you live in Florida, I'v been there a few times. I love the place, Col

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Colwal View Post
    Hi Matt, sorry for the delay on getting back to you. I'v been getting a few track days in so I'v been spending most of my spare time working on my R1 . Thanks for the link, I will have a go at the height adjuster and rebound when I get a chance. I see you live in Florida, I'v been there a few times. I love the place, Col

Hey there, yes there is a special tool to adjust the shock height / length - AF1 sells them. https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scri...de+Height+Tool

Basically you use the spanner end to loosen the lock nut, then use the hooked rod to rotate the shock until it's (a) the length you want - whatever that is - and (b) so that the rebound adjuster screw is in an accessible location. Generally facing either left or right on the bike. I can get at mine when it faces left from underneath, with a long screwdriver in between the chain and swingarm underside.

Note the compression and rebound adjustments have about the same (~39) clicks of adjustment but the range seems way off - eg I'm on 8 Comp / 20 Rebound which I think is about balanced.

apriliaforum newb
    Hey Robby, thanks for the info. I will get one of those spanners ordered and have a go at it when I get a chance. Is there anything to be cautious about when adjusting the height like how much it can be raised by or does it stop when you get to the maximum allowed height. I see your from Sydney. I stayed there and Manly beach about 15 years ago. Went to the Rocks area a lot . Thanks for your help

apriliaforum newb
    Hey mate,

The manual doesn't give any firm guidance on how far you can adjust the rear shock length. The consensus on this form seems to be that more rear ride height is better for steering and ground clearance so I raised mine a bit but stopped before I found a limit. Maybe watch your exhaust clearance when you do that, mine got very close to the Tyga pipes.

Sydney is a beautiful place ! Foreign visitors are very welcome, come on back any time