Thread: Aprilia Pegaso Tuscany Tibet failing to start - urgent help needed

apriliaforum newb

Unhappy Aprilia Pegaso Tuscany Tibet failing to start - urgent help needed

Hi all.

I own a Tuscany Tibet that is having issues with starting up -mostly a recent issue. I need it to be solved ASAP, so I'm trying to fix it myself; problem is, it wouldn't be the first time I work on a bike, but here and now I don't have most of my tools with me, and I don't have its manual too, so I really need help to figure out the issue.

The problem: for a couple of weeks, and up to two days ago (now it refuses at all), the bike was randomly refusing to start.
    Sometime I push the start button and it starts immediately, without any hesitation.
    Sometime I push the button and it doesn't start. I go take a coffee, come back, and then it works. Or maybe it works the next day. Or after 3 hours. Completely random.

Current state of the bike: new battery fully charged, engine just checked, new spark, injectors just cleaned, fresh fuel.

Different symptoms when it doesn't start:
    • none. Simply pressing the button has no effect, no lights dimming, no noises, no clicks from relays, absolutely nothing.
    • clicking noise. It 100% sounds like a small mechanical noise: I'm reasonably sure it's not the noise of the starting engine (I know that noise quite well). It comes from up and front, more or less from the area of the lights/odometer/handlers. Now, I've never heard before a relays failing this way, but if I was to describe the noise I'd say it sounds like a relay constantly switching.
    • sometimes, especially after the clicking noise problem, all I get is the panel lights dimming and the bike dying, like when the battery is dead.

The thing is I'd have pointed immediately at the battery, but aside from being new and having been fully charged a month ago, I've never seen a battery failing a day and then resurrecting by itself and working perfectly for a week, then failing again, and then being fine two hours later; batteries, in my experience, simply die once and for all :-D

Can someone point me in the right direction? Is there some relays of sort behind or near the main console, connected to the start button?

apriliaforum newb
    Something similar was happend to me and believe it or not, it was from the main plug under the dashboard
    It was somehow loose and i unplugged, clean the contacts with contact cleaner and also tighten the connectors
    And everything's were great

Στάλθηκε από το Mi A2 Lite μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasakidis View Post
    Something similar was happend to me and believe it or not, it was from the main plug under the dashboard
    It was somehow loose and i unplugged, clean the contacts with contact cleaner and also tighten the connectors
    And everything's were great

That would be spectacular, man. I'll try as soon as possible, and if I ever end up in Greece again the Tsipuro is on me.

apriliaforum newb
    Hahaha that it would be great!