Thread: EFI light and exhaust servo

apriliaforum prov-nov

EFI light and exhaust servo

At some point I got fed up with the servo inconsistent operation and after multiple adjustment and cleanups, had the servo removed and run as such for a couple of years, everything run ok, and I really enjoyed the stock exhaust sound with the valve fully open.

I got fed up at some point with the EFI light and I installed the Healtech ESE. Sure enough the light stayed on, so I took the next course of action, asked the dealer to hook a new servo to reset the light. Apparently the ECU has an issue recognizing the new servo, nothing happens, not trying to activate it or anything. And funny enough they have an RSV4 in shop right now with the same behavior, not recognizing the servo. Dealer will work with Aprilia on this, but time is ticking and I need the the bike out of shop.

Any suggestions, similar experience, how to get the ECU reset , if there is some stored state about servo being disconnected ?

apriliaforum Member
    This may help. I'm in the process of trying nto get rid of red light and EFI warning.

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...cape-brico-diy

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo9 View Post
    This may help. I'm in the process of trying nto get rid of red light and EFI warning.

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...cape-brico-diy
    My issue is that a new servo of is not being acknowledged by the ECU.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Any suggestions on resetting the ECU ? Would updating the software do that ?

apriliaforum Member
    Borra los fallos con el Guzzi diag o IAW diag e instala el nuevo servo.

sino arregla el viejo con el brico. 4 € cuesta el potenciometro

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by diegole View Post
    Borra los fallos con el Guzzi diag o IAW diag e instala el nuevo servo.

sino arregla el viejo con el brico. 4 € cuesta el potenciometro
    I get from your message that IAW diag (current version on site ?) has now the ability to calibrate the servo ? Because I tried to install the Healtech ESE and apparently clearing the codes was not enough to reset the FI light. Has anyone managed to clear codes and go down the ESE path ?

My servo was removed some time ago, that's why I'm trying to go down the path of new servo (with ESE not working as expected). The bike is at the dealer and he says the ECU cannot connect to the new servo and recommends a new ECU. I would like to avoid that as I'm trading the bike in, and need to turn the FI light off for that. I was hopping there is a way to "reset" any servo related state in the ECU, get the new servo calibrated (or the ESE to work) and turn try FI light off.

Any help would be appreciated !!!

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by too much View Post
    I get from your message that IAW diag (current version on site ?) has now the ability to calibrate the servo ? Because I tried to install the Healtech ESE and apparently clearing the codes was not enough to reset the FI light. Has anyone managed to clear codes and go down the ESE path ?

My servo was removed some time ago, that's why I'm trying to go down the path of new servo (with ESE not working as expected). The bike is at the dealer and he says the ECU cannot connect to the new servo and recommends a new ECU. I would like to avoid that as I'm trading the bike in, and need to turn the FI light off for that. I was hopping there is a way to "reset" any servo related state in the ECU, get the new servo calibrated (or the ESE to work) and turn try FI light off.

Any help would be appreciated !!!
    Its interesting that the light stays on both with the Healtech and with the standard servo retrofit. Makes me wonder if there isn’t some other EFI problem, or even something as simple as a bad connector.

Sam

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoespresso View Post
    Its interesting that the light stays on both with the Healtech and with the standard servo retrofit. Makes me wonder if there isn’t some other EFI problem, or even something as simple as a bad connector.

Sam
    The issue is that I can't get back to standard retrofit. The ECU doesn't zero the servo, that's why I was wondering if there is some persistent state that requires a full ECU re-flash. Cables / contacts checked.

apriliaforum Member
    Cambia de taller, aquí en España querian cambiar el amortiguador trasero entero, unos 1800 € y el problema era limpiar un motorcillo interno.