Thread: Mana service light

apriliaforum newb

Mana service light

My 1st time to this forum and I hope you can help me. I recently bought a 2009 Mana with only 7500 miles on it for $500 because the owner told me the motor was seized. He was partly right. The motor would try to turn over but only would move about a 1/4 revolution and stick. I took the CVT cover off and found that the castellated nut that holds the gear assembly had broken and somehow tightened the variator so much that the belt was stuck! I ordered a new nut, and some o-rings, put it back together and it works great! I love riding this bike! He apparently never had the first service done and it had the little wrench in the display, so I changed the oil, air filter etc, then found the code to delete it, on this forum, thank you, and got the icon to go away. But now, the red service light is on and the bottom of the display says SERVICE and it won't go away, even when I enter that code. So my question to all of you is, did I screw something up when I reassembled the bike, or is there another code that will make it go away? I asked my local Aprilia dealer service manager what it could be and he said he had never heard of an Aprilia Mana and gave me the number to Aprilia Customer service. I called them and
    they had no clue. So thanks in advance for reading my short story and any knowledge that you can impart to me regarding this issue.

In theory the service icon and warning light means a failure in the dashboard or ECU. However, all sorts of things seem to be able to trigger this, so worth checking things like the battery connections, fuses, and the main plug behind the dashboard. If there are no obvious faults then try resetting the computers by disconnecting the battery (if you haven't already) or pulling out the two master fuses for a few minutes. If the warning returns then further investigation is obviously needed, but I think most of us have had glitches of some sort or other that goes away after a reset.
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks for the reply Andy. I'll try that.

Go into the OBD menu and look for errors. Report back.
    Professional Goat Burster.

apriliaforum newb
    I checked everything in the dashboard menu, no errors etc. Finally checked all the electrical connectors and found that the muffler 02 sensor connection was a little loose. Clicked it together and WOW, that was it. Thanks to all on the forum. I do have one other pretty weird issue though that maybe you can help me with. When starting the bike, it makes a strange coughing, kind of honking sound when it first catches and then immediately goes away and it runs fine. Any ideas?