Thread: EFI & Tip Over Switch Issue

apriliaforum newb

EFI & Tip Over Switch Issue

Hi all..

Broke down the other day on the bike, wouldn't start back up after being turned off for a couple of minutes.

EFI light illuminated constantly and steady on dash

After some trouble shooting i unplugged the white connector for the tip over switch and i was able to start the bike.

I have ridden over a thousand miles now with the tip over sensor unplugged with no issues but i am left with the EFI light and a red ! triangle illuminated

Do i need to clear the codes to reset the efi and red triangle lights?

Any advice appreciated

TIA

It needs to be plugged in, or bypassed with a 68K resistor to clear the active code.
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by bkmo View Post
    It needs to be plugged in, or bypassed with a 68K resistor to clear the active code.
    What does it need to be plugged in with please mate? Is there a guide for the resistor as well

Quote Originally Posted by MilleLad View Post
    What does it need to be plugged in with please mate? Is there a guide for the resistor as well
    The sensor/switch needs to be plugged into its corresponding plug at the harness for the light to go out. If you want to bypass the switch you need to put a resistor across the harness connection to cancel the EFI light. There is probably a guide if you search.
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.