Thread: HELP! Starts but no throttle...

apriliaforum newb

HELP! Starts but no throttle...

Hi everyone! I picked up a 2002(or 3?) Sr50 ditech as a project a few weeks ago. It wasn't running, but I rebuilt the fuel pump and now it starts, but when I give it throttle it doesn't rev up, and it will die if I hold the throttle. I have fault codes 3,4,5,11,16,22. I did the TPS reset and that temporarily got rid of codes 4 and 5, but when I started it again they came back. I'm at a loss. I've searched this forum and haven't been able to find anything else that might help me. I'm hoping someone may have experienced a similar issue and is willing to rain wisdom upon me! Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

In case you don't know which codes are which. Hope this helps. I'm sure someone will help out soon.

Check and potentially replace the spark plug, put new fuel and oil in, check the compression, check the air pressure and check the hose for leaks, check the fuel line for leaks, get a new fuel filter, make sure the battery is fully charged up. If you've gotten through all of those and everything is good, it's gonna take a much deeper diagnosis.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb
    Yes I've gone through all of that, besides checking the air pressure and air hose... That could possibly be why it's throwing code 11? I've debated replacing the throttle body and air injector if that would fix the issues, seeing as the codes I'm getting seem to relate to those two parts,but don't want to spend unnecessary money if theres nothing wrong with them, yknow?

Ohh I know all too well. The biggest thing is, it probably wouldn't be a problem with the air injector but more so with the air compressor which is a $500 CAD part! Checking the pressure coming from the air hose is the easiest way to find out if there is a problem with the air system. You should be seeing about 70psi upon priming. Mine is delivering 45 which is enough to keep it running okay but will need to be replaced at some point in the future... Unfortunately.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum Member
    after tps reset if stil shows tps errors,do the ecu reset.did u inspect the airinjector?o-rings and teflon are ok?use wd40 clean connector.no cable breaks?
    Last edited by rank1; 06-13-2019 at 10:31 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    Thank you guys for your ideas! Unfortunately I have not had the free time to tinker with it yet, but the air system is my next target. And @rank1 what is the ECU reset? Are you referring to letting the codes cycle through 4 times to clear them? I have done that after TPS reset and codes 4 and 5 disappeared temporarily, but all other codes stayed.

apriliaforum Member
    ecu reset :

1. ignition off, throttle full open
    2. ingition on, throttle close

im struggle with code 5 now so we both have similair issue with tps.adjust the stop throttle screw from tps.find the right angle until the error are gone and the engine will perform better.everytime u adjust it,need to repeat tps reset.For ur other errors,check every connectors,pins,no corrosion or damaged wires to see.
    Last edited by rank1; 07-07-2019 at 10:39 AM.