Thread: Aprila RX 50cc 2019

apriliaforum newb

Aprila RX 50cc 2019

Hello i was thinking of buying a rx50 2019 and was wondering what the top speed would be fully de restricted and what restrictions are actully on the bike?

Probably around 55mph. Restrictions will be in the exhaust, the carburettor internals and sprockets.

However, this obviously may not be legal though, depending on: licence held, vehicle registration, insurance etc.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum prov-nov
    If it is MY 2019 it's probably EURO 4 model with 3-way catalyst in exhaust, restricted CDI (to 8000 rpm, I think), electronically controlled Dell'Orto 17.5 carb (not EFI), and even bigger rear sprocket (59T). EURO 4 models have no restrictions in exhaust but cat itself baffles it so much it doesn't need it anyway . For Aprilia/Derbi MY 2018 and up you have to change quite a lot of parts to derestrict it, so you should buy 2017 bike, which was last EURO 2/3 model while stock lasts (and get a good discount, as I did)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    If it is MY 2019 it's probably EURO 4 model with 3-way catalyst in exhaust, restricted CDI (to 8000 rpm, I think), electronically controlled Dell'Orto 17.5 carb (not EFI), and even bigger rear sprocket (59T). EURO 4 models have no restrictions in exhaust but cat itself baffles it so much it doesn't need it anyway . For Aprilia/Derbi MY 2018 and up you have to change quite a lot of parts to derestrict it, so you should buy 2017 bike, which was last EURO 2/3 model while stock lasts (and get a good discount, as I did)
    That is some sound advice.

apriliaforum newb
    Are you saying the older models go faster then the newer ones?
    I am also willing to pay more to get the bike de-restricted if it is a better bike in other ways.
    I have 0 bike knowledge so i am having trouble understanding what you are going on about sorry.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    No, they are not that different. The difference is that older models are restricted just mechanically and the new ones electronically (CDI) also. It will cost you a bit more, but you can get complete kit for EURO4 derestriction from retailers like https://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/6...-2018-on-euro4...

Quote Originally Posted by aphasia View Post
    Restrictions will be in the exhaust, the carburettor internals and sprockets.
    Ah yes, and the cdi, this wasn't restricted on the euro3 which I have. So what I said and a cdi unit then.

And as far as the spark plug goes there are a couple of choices a 9 or 10, I personally run a 10 because that's what the Aprilia dealership put in when they did my de-restriction.

so you should buy 2017 bike, which was last EURO 2/3 model while stock lasts (and get a good discount, as I did)
    Even if you can still get the earlier model new, you will still need to make the changes to de-restrict it, but just not the cdi?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yes, you would still have to do it usual way of course (grind out cone restrictor, change main jet, maybe atomiser and needle and needle position). Actually it's CDI and rear sprocket that makes difference. And another thing, with euro4 you can't just fix stock manifold pipe with grinding/cutting, there is first stage cat inside, so u have to buy new, empty pipe...
    Last edited by Jaxx; 06-12-2019 at 04:17 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    No, they are not that different. The difference is that older models are restricted just mechanically and the new ones electronically (CDI) also. It will cost you a bit more, but you can get complete kit for EURO4 derestriction from retailers like https://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/6...-2018-on-euro4...
    Will that kit fit on a sx 50?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Engine/exhaust is identical with RX, so yes, it will fit.