Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP: 2019 Round 06 - Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley (SPOILERS)

What a race! The first 1/2 was completely insane. Great, hard fought win by Petrucci. I think that ends the speculation with Miller and his seat. Nice to see some hard racing with no one complaining (that I've read anyway).
    WMRRA #98
    2013 KTM 990 SMT (street)
    2009 Yamaha R6 (race)

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Amazing race, took me ages to get to sleep after that one. Great tracks like this one make for amazing racing. Dovi and MM hitting made an opening for Pet, gotta be there to tke advantage, great ride from Rins, he's up there in talent.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

Good race by Nakagami also.

petrux showed he has a place in moto GP,but i've appreciated a little less the excuses he formulated to dovi(and ducati) .

in post race meeting, he told that,now he won a GP,he,s gonna dedicate his racing to dovi's championnship's chances. poor petrux.sometimes , i'm wondering if the 1 year contract he got stipulate he must help dovi at pocketing the title. he deserves the same chances as his teamate. he started the season slowly,but he ride with much more intensity now.if dovi can't match petrux's speed,why danillo should play dovi's valet?

That was fierce!
    Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & KTM 625 SXC -05
    My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    petrux showed he has a place in moto GP,but i've appreciated a little less the excuses he formulated to dovi(and ducati) .

in post race meeting, he told that,now he won a GP,he,s gonna dedicate his racing to dovi's championnship's chances. poor petrux.sometimes , i'm wondering if the 1 year contract he got stipulate he must help dovi at pocketing the title. he deserves the same chances as his teamate. he started the season slowly,but he ride with much more intensity now.if dovi can't match petrux's speed,why danillo should play dovi's valet?
    Petrux said he owed his race win to Dovi, he said without his help he wouldn't be where he is today, racing a Factory Ducati competitively.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    Amazing race, took me ages to get to sleep after that one. Great tracks like this one make for amazing racing. Dovi and MM hitting made an opening for Pet, gotta be there to tke advantage, great ride from Rins, he's up there in talent.
    Rins rode a great race after ordinary practice and qualifying sessions.
    The Suzuki just couldn't keep up with the Honda and Ducati's at the end of the Mugello straight.
    Can see Rins on the podium a few more times this year and on the top step if he can qualify better.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Aja - When all my dime dancin' is through
    Yes, he seemed to be a bit loose at the back end the last 5 laps. Didn't seem to be losing any more pace, though. Consistently .5-.6 of. second from the front from about lap 12.

I would imagine that on a more competitive top-speed bike he would be in the mix consistently. It didn't take him long to get up the front - 7, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4....4
    “The sad thing is you will never be freer or more yourself than when it’s five in the morning, the sun’s about to rise and you’re out of your mind” Nick

“Trump? He’s as stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale.” Nancy.

I love when the race is close like that.

apriliaforum expert
    It looked like Rins just didn't have enough pace when everyone dropped the hammer near the end. But being on the slowest of the three bikes down the straight he did amazingly well as it was. Too bad his team mate is struggling so bad.
    The Honda and the Ducati were killing it down the straight.
    I was very happy to see DP win, and I liked how he thanked everyone, including Dovi, for helping him get it.
    He is proving why he is there. Good for him.
    He has a lot of things working against him, especially his size. But he is putting it together in spite of things like that.
    I hope he has a few new fans after that.

Bummed for Dalla Porta, but that's racing.

Heck of a race for A. Marquez

Brilliant GP race.
    Windmill cancer survivor.
    I don't care about my apathy.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Did anyone see JLO out on track?

Quote Originally Posted by kdehkordi View Post
    Did anyone see JLO out on track?
    Who?
    Windmill cancer survivor.
    I don't care about my apathy.

apriliaforum expert
    I was stunned, after all the talk about JLo's great record at this track. He looked like he wasn't sure which way the track went. But then he sucked for over a year on the Ducati, so there is still time for him to figure out how to ride the Honda.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Analysing the result and the performance it's clear that imo Ducati MUST replace Dovi if they want to win the title anytime soon. It's a track that clearly suits the Ducati and for the last 2 seasons hes been beaten by his team mate. This should have been a shoo-in for a genuine title contender riding a Ducati and he came up short

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast