Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP: 2019 Round 06 - Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley (SPOILERS)

Was wondering how much JLo’s and Zarco’s examples encourage riders to change teams. Is it a talking point even?
    Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & KTM 625 SXC -05
    My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    Was wondering how much JLo’s and Zarco’s examples encourage riders to change teams. Is it a talking point even?
    I bet Iannone would be happy to change teams whatever JLo's and Zarco's examples are.
    Beware the festive dog; drive soothingly over the grease-mud, for therein lies the skid demon.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming in terror, like his passengers -- Jack Handey

Although in all seriousness, Iannone seems to be another example of the same. Past coupla years, it seems no one can change manufacturers without being hopelessly slower than a teammate who's been with the brand for a few years.
    Last edited by Zephyr; 06-03-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    Beware the festive dog; drive soothingly over the grease-mud, for therein lies the skid demon.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming in terror, like his passengers -- Jack Handey

Hmm, very interesting.

Lorenzo heading to Honda factory in Japan

Five-time Champion will travel there on Monday 3rd June to work with HRC engineers in order to improve his feeling on the RC213V

Tags 2019
    According to reports on motorsport.com, Repsol Honda Team’s Jorge Lorenzo will travel to Honda’s factory in Japan on Monday 3rd June to work with HRC engineers.

Lorenzo’s 2019 RC213V adaptation struggles continued at Mugello, a track he’s won at six times in the premier class, and as a result, Honda has organised the five-time World Champion to travel to Japan.

Speaking to motogp.com after the race in Italy, Lorenzo said: “I still don’t feel comfortable on the bike. Even if we try in the race the last modification in the warm up, we improve in some areas but get worse in others so finally we stay, more or less, at the same place. We finish in the position we more or less expected.

“Another difficult race, we need to work a lot together. We don’t give up, I won’t give up, Honda doesn’t give up to find the solution so, we just need to work.”

And that work involves Lorenzo heading to Japan. It’s an indication that both parties are willing to try everything possible to get the Spaniard back where he belongs: fighting for podiums and victories in MotoGP™.

“The tickets are paid by Honda, and their will has always been there, but for one thing or another I have not been able to take that step forward,” commented Lorenzo when chatting to motorsport.com post-Mugello Sunday.

“We are limited in what concerns the motor and the body of the motorcycle. It is clear that we have a very powerful engine, but I think that creates problems in other aspects. We know that Marc is winning, but if there is a brand that is capable of implementing a plan B that is Honda.”

Round 7 at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya – a track he won at last season – will tell us if a trip to Japan has helped the number 99.

source; http://www.motogp.com/en/in%20the%20...n-japan/295444
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

That was a hell of a race! Right up there with Assen from last year and Phillip Island 2015 and 2017.
    CCS Ex #177

Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    here's hoping whore ghey gets some help. would make things much more interesting at the front. before the axe comes........
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. I’m gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    here's hoping whore ghey gets some help. would make things much more interesting at the front. before the axe comes........
    I said earlier that Jorge always seems to leave a bike better than he found it, and while i realize he doesn't engineer anything, i can still imagine that his dogged determination to work with engineers until he feels right helps the bike out in the long run, including for other riders, and that Honda may have taken this into account as a kind of insurance for if/when MM jumps to another manufacturer.

Regardless, I also hope JL makes things more interesting at the front, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    I said earlier that Jorge always seems to leave a bike better than he found it, and while i realize he doesn't engineer anything, i can still imagine that his dogged determination to work with engineers until he feels right helps the bike out in the long run, including for other riders, and that Honda may have taken this into account as a kind of insurance for if/when MM jumps to another manufacturer.

Regardless, I also hope JL makes things more interesting at the front, soon.
    JL won't hit the japanese HRC headquarters to eat sushi.i'm 100% convinced that , with the HRC engineers, he will extract effective solutions to make this bike rideable for more classic riders like him (99% of the moto GP riders lol) . right now,the beast is a diamon in the rough,only marquez is able to win on it because he's not set up sensitive ,he rides flat out on the edge of crashing all the time.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Honda conundrum. Do they make the bike more rideable for the others in case MM leaves and risk blunting his advantage while he is still an HRC rider ?

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Honda conundrum. Do they make the bike more rideable for the others in case MM leaves and risk blunting his advantage while he is still an HRC rider ?
    Do you not think making the bike easier to ride would make MM's job easier as well?
    seesecurity.com.au

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Why couldn’t they make JLs bike more rideable for Jorge and leave Marcs bike as is for Marc?

Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    Do you not think making the bike easier to ride would make MM's job easier as well?
    do you reckon at the end jaylow had the duc better than he found it, seemed to work for him dunno about dovi, never seen j ride his yam that agro, didn't need to but when he did it on the duc he was flying 2nd yr, maybe cs told him some,

not sure if it would work for the diff styles mm and jl have, hence suit each others needs, no need to make em the bike the same,

clutchy is the tester at race and practice to see upgrades added, not sure if any follow on to mnm's or j's,

petro rode a great race, dovi scored what he needed, no need to throw it for the win, plenty of track time left to see what unfolds, rinso looked fast in the corners, a bit more oomph and he'd clear out, hope Quato is up there as well, shame about zarc, he is way better than this, time will tell,

apriliaforum expert
    As to Dovi being beaten by his team mate again at that track, that last lap was a crap shoot. Dovi could have won it just as easily as ended up third. In my opinion, Dovi would have been smarter to focus on keeping MM behind him rather than getting by DP. Had Dovi focused more on beating MM he may have ended up second rather than third. But he went for the whole thing and ended up the looser of the three. But if he had focused on beating MM and ended up second I am sure some would complain that he didn't try hard enough.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by murphc13 View Post
    Why couldn’t they make JLs bike more rideable for Jorge and leave Marcs bike as is for Marc?
    It's not just Jorge, the other Honda riders find the bike a handful too. Traditionally Honda bikes don't have as much adjustability as say a Yamaha and therefore require chassis changes from HRC. As MM is the lead rider the chassis direction HRC persue will depend on his feedback.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by GuzziMoto View Post
    As to Dovi being beaten by his team mate again at that track, that last lap was a crap shoot. Dovi could have won it just as easily as ended up third. In my opinion, Dovi would have been smarter to focus on keeping MM behind him rather than getting by DP. Had Dovi focused more on beating MM he may have ended up second rather than third. But he went for the whole thing and ended up the looser of the three. But if he had focused on beating MM and ended up second I am sure some would complain that he didn't try hard enough.
    Could you see Marc being beaten by another Honda on Honda friendly track ? You could see he was absolutely delighted to get away with what he considers a bogie track with 20 points.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast