Thread: My Peg keeps on impressing me

apriliaforum newb

My Peg keeps on impressing me

So far I’ve had some scrotes try to steal her three times - and the steering lock has actually held up each time - I thought these were traditionally made out of butter ...

Then, at the end of Jan (my birthday) I was told by my doc I couldn’t drive or ride until I got a pacemaker fitted ... at 47

My Peg has been parked on the street for 3 months, with no tlc .... and last week I was finally allowed to ride again and she started at the first press

I've always been told Italian bikes are badly put together, electrics are theoretical at best, and the batteries hold a charge like I hold by booze (not well), but it looked like I got a good one

I say ‘looked’ as she then proceeded to have a flat battery 5 days later while 30 miles from home. Managed to bump her (first time I've ever had to - also probably not good for my heart) so once I got home I gave her a nice wash and once over to try and keep me in her good books

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberlemming View Post
    So far I’ve had some scrotes try to steal her three times - and the steering lock has actually held up each time - I thought these were traditionally made out of butter ...

Then, at the end of Jan (my birthday) I was told by my doc I couldn’t drive or ride until I got a pacemaker fitted ... at 47

My Peg has been parked on the street for 3 months, with no tlc .... and last week I was finally allowed to ride again and she started at the first press

I've always been told Italian bikes are badly put together, electrics are theoretical at best, and the batteries hold a charge like I hold by booze (not well), but it looked like I got a good one

I say ‘looked’ as she then proceeded to have a flat battery 5 days later while 30 miles from home. Managed to bump her (first time I've ever had to - also probably not good for my heart) so once I got home I gave her a nice wash and once over to try and keep me in her good books
    A battery left draining will usually go duff IMO.

But I am impressed you managed to bump start it. I thought with no power it would not allow the relay to engage and kick the brains into realising it was started

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    A square Peg in a round hole - http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/

apriliaforum newb
    There was enough juice it still knew it was a bike ... on the press the starter started to move and then stopped with the dash dimming. Biggest prob I had was pushing the bloody thing up the slope to bump it. These things are too damn heavy.
    Travelling with a jump pack now