Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bike isn't turning over, acting like wires are touching.

Finally found my old battery cables. One on the left is factory. Middle is a Stinger Custom Pro 8 AWG OFC used in quality car audio installs. Right side is the XScorpion 4 AWG OFC I use. 49 conductors in the factory wire. I cannot hope to count the wires in the Stinger but a ton higher count than factory. The XScorpion 4 AWG supposedly has over 1600 conductors. More conductors = more flexibility.
    Just sorting some electrical stuff and found these.

KB

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

After much cursing in my head, a hose cracking, and wishing I had smaller hands:

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Side note: what goes in that pinkish fluid reservoir on the left in the first picture? That's where the hose cracked and I lost a good amount of it. It's sitting at low now.

apriliaforum expert
    Looks like Water Wetter. It's used in place of regular coolant. Two types, the concentrate and the premixed. I just went through this and had contact with the company making it. You can just add distilled water if you need to top off if it's just down some. According to the makers it isn't that sensitive to dilution unless you lost most of what you had. It will mix with regular coolant. Water Wetter does not have anti-freeze properties but does control corrosion. It's supposed to reduce the surface tension of water and allow it to cool better. I just put it into a 4 cyl bike known to run hot and noticed the fan didn't come on nearly as often. Could be pure BS though so YMMV.

Just fill to proper amount.

Just remember, it will not protect against freezing. I plan on running it in the Capos as soon as I get around to the end of season flush and refill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190609_215111.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	382410
    Last edited by CapoEVT; 06-10-2019 at 12:04 AM.
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

Quote Originally Posted by CapoEVT View Post
    Looks like Water Wetter. It's used in place of regular coolant. Two types, the concentrate and the premixed. I just went through this and had contact with the company making it. You can just add distilled water if you need to top off if it's just down some. It will mix with regular coolant. Water Wetter does not have anti-freeze properties but does control corrosion. It's supposed to reduce the surface tension of water and allow it to cool better. I just put it into a 4 cyl bike known to run hot and noticed the fan didn't come on nearly as often. Could be pure BS though so YMMV.

Just remember, it will not protect against freezing. I plan on running it in the Capos as soon as I get around to the end of season flush and refill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190609_215111.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	382410
    I keep mine garaged and the temperature here stays pretty mild year round

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That's the coolant tank. Glycol transfers heat better than water so run antifreeze. At least 50/50. Add Water Wetter to help the flow but a 50/50 mixture has a higher calorie per cc heat content.

KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kennibear View Post
    That's the coolant tank. Glycol transfers heat better than water so run antifreeze. At least 50/50. Add Water Wetter to help the flow but a 50/50 mixture has a higher calorie per cc heat content.

KB

There is nothing better than pure water for heat transfer. Glycol will raise the boiling point at a loss of heat transfer ability. If you don't need the antifreeze properties, but still want a higher boil point, then use a 70/30 or 80/20 mix. I run zero glycol and have no overheating issues at all. The water based coolant dumps the heat extremely well. But definitely add something with modern corrosion protection. Water wetter is an older formulation. I would prefer Purple Ice because of its updated organic acid formulation.
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234