Thread: Caponord Rally 2016 vs 2017?

apriliaforum newb

Caponord Rally 2016 vs 2017?

Hi guys,
    I'm considering getting a new Caponord and have two available options - a grey 2017 and a green 2016.
    I'd like to hear your thoughts, price difference is approximately $1500.
    Are you aware of any quality control or updates advantages of 2017 over 2016 or vice versa?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Go with the Green, better color and save $1500. I don't think there is any difference between years. Maybe check the Vins for recalls but I think that is it.

They are the same. No.recalls that I am aware of.

Everybody knows green is faster than grey

Steve
    "7. I will never stop thanking Ducati for their refusal to sign me in 2009" --- Max Biaggi

'02 Falco
    Renegade high-mount, OZ wheels, JCG custom paint, PC III, 48 psi RSV chip, painted Mille swinger, Works Performance shock, Evo airbox/K&N, oversize intake, Jet Hot coated pipes, Heli-bars, MPL clutch slave, braided lines, alarm, Pazzo's, Puig screen, carbon stuff...many more...

'03 Futura
    Ash Black, BEF Exhaust, H-Pipe, Heli-bars, heated grips, tinted screen, alarm, 3 power outlets (2 Powerlet & Gerbing), charging LED, John's regulator, carbon hugger, Vista Cruise, MPL clutch slave, Falco forks, 320mm rotors, Pazzo's, Stebel TM80 horn, Tutoro chain oiler, K&N filter

apriliaforum expert ghostrider71's Avatar
    Katch you old DOG you.....

You been hiding on the Capo Forum??

OP: Curious what kind of deals are out there right now on the Capos -- helping a buddy shop.
    Care to share MSRP??

thanks,
    gr
    Since it was highly recommended, I put THEGEEK on ignore and the forum IS a much nicer place!!

apriliaforum newb
    Of course, the green was offered for $12k at a local dealer that's got approx $1k in prep fees, but was willing to wave most of them. Not sure if I'm allowed to share dealer names or links here. The grey was $12k as well, but dealer has $1.5k set in stone fees, plus it would have incurred another $800 shipping cost.

With that being said, my local dealer had a demo 2015 Capo TP, that I was able to test ride. I really wanted to like the bike, for many reasons - I'm biased to the brand, it was a great deal and it's the best looking bike in its class. Riding it after coming off of a BMW R1150RT felt like jumping from a train to a SpaceX rocket. However, I could not tolerate the heat, even on a 65 F gloomy day.

The other thing I noticed, it was idling at 1200rpm - is that normal to all V2, or just this one, or there was something wrong with the demo bike?

apriliaforum Member
    that idle speed sounds about right, and yes, the stock exhaust and pipe is hot as hell. Swap to an open aftermarket can (or take out the exhaust servo) and the heat comes down to being very tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider71 View Post
    Katch you old DOG you.....

You been hiding on the Capo Forum??

OP: Curious what kind of deals are out there right now on the Capos -- helping a buddy shop.
    Care to share MSRP??

thanks,
    gr
    Good hearing from you Nate! Got me a Capo a couple years ago. Got rid of the Futura, but still have the Falco. Been only riding the Capo lately (when I'm not scuba diving or boating), but I plan to get the Falco cleaned up and riding much more next year after I retire (Dec 31st).

ironically, I just spoke to Vlad on the phone a couple weeks ago, and we were talking about possibly getting another MITM planned...maybe next year! I see a few of the Falco guys on Facebook (Carlos, Bill, Twinkie and Jeff). I think only Jeff, Vlad and I still have the Falcos.

Where are you these days?

Steve
    "7. I will never stop thanking Ducati for their refusal to sign me in 2009" --- Max Biaggi

'02 Falco
    Renegade high-mount, OZ wheels, JCG custom paint, PC III, 48 psi RSV chip, painted Mille swinger, Works Performance shock, Evo airbox/K&N, oversize intake, Jet Hot coated pipes, Heli-bars, MPL clutch slave, braided lines, alarm, Pazzo's, Puig screen, carbon stuff...many more...

'03 Futura
    Ash Black, BEF Exhaust, H-Pipe, Heli-bars, heated grips, tinted screen, alarm, 3 power outlets (2 Powerlet & Gerbing), charging LED, John's regulator, carbon hugger, Vista Cruise, MPL clutch slave, Falco forks, 320mm rotors, Pazzo's, Stebel TM80 horn, Tutoro chain oiler, K&N filter