Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: who's watching the 2019 IOM TT on ITV4?

well..that's been quite a qualifying day.those guys went up to speed in no time.

superbike
    1-harisson at 129mph
    2-cummins at 128
    3-hillier at 128
    4-dunlop at 126
    5-rutter at 126
    6-coward at 125
    7-jonhson at 126
    8-crow at 125
    9-utchy at 125
    10-mathison at 125

superstock

1-harisson at 129 (fastest time of the day)
    2-johnson at 126
    3-west at 124
    5-dunlop at 124
    6-mathiso at 124
    7-hickman at 123
    8-sheil at 122
    9-rutter at 122
    10-todd at 122

mcguinness in 15th spot

supersport

1-hickman at 123
    2-mcgee at 122
    3-johnston at 119
    4-mcguinness at 119
    5-jordan at 118
    6-herbertson at 118
    7-brown at 118
    8-cooper at 117
    9-evans at 117
    10-chawke at 117

i'm happy for connor cummins...he showed up in great shape,seems willing to push the enveloppe a little more than usual.....seems like he's due.hillier has all the experience needed,he's with this team since 9years,he knows the ZX10 in and out...he's also due for a TT win.

hickman is taking it easy,he's not the fastest qualifier out there but you can count on him to push things forward IN the race.harrisson got out on the superbike with not even 2 minutes left on the clock,he really wanted to print his name on top of the time sheet,which is what he did....as for mcguinness,he did a good move signing up with padget for the 600 ride,because honestly that is his best bet for a podium. the big chrome girl isn't up the task in superbike,and the super lightweight...well,maybe hickman will drive it on the box..but i doubt that bike is up the paton level.
    Last edited by rollracer; 05-28-2019 at 04:17 PM.

apriliaforum prov-nov Smileyboy's Avatar
    Looks like weather is going to play a huge factor this year, it will be interesting to see as not all are getting the valuable time they need to set up the superbikes. Hutchy was very lucky last night.
    2018 Tuono 1100 Factory
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyboy View Post
    Looks like weather is going to play a huge factor this year, it will be interesting to see as not all are getting the valuable time they need to set up the superbikes. Hutchy was very lucky last night.
    have you seen the crash?

apriliaforum prov-nov Smileyboy's Avatar
    No not sure it was captured on camera but mile marker 11 is a fast stretch
    Name:  TT mile markers.gif
Views: 115
Size:  22.5 KB
    2018 Tuono 1100 Factory
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyboy View Post
    No not sure it was captured on camera but mile marker 11 is a fast stretch
    Name:  TT mile markers.gif
Views: 115
Size:  22.5 KB
    wheew!! getting off the bike at speed there isn't supposed to gives any chacnes of escape.

hitchy's dad posted this on twitter:

Stuart Hutchinson@james4tt 22 hil y a 22 heuresPlus

Ian is unhurt, till I get hold of him

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    wheew!! getting off the bike at speed there isn't supposed to gives any chacnes of escape.

hitchy's dad posted this on twitter:
    If you haven't seen this video before; then it's a must see, but don't watch it just before you go riding or you might not ride.
    The Doctor is very witty in his delivery, some of the crashes are pretty gruesome, yet he will have you laughing about some of them.
    This guy, Doctor John Hinds, is a legend & may he RIP.

2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

yep,it's cool to see it again.

the 2019 TT is at the extreme opposite of the 2018. a total wash. yesturday superbike race got cancelled,and IF there's some racing on the isle, guys are gonna race out there without any form of practice laps. we already know that some classes are going to be cancelled,probably the zero-electric bikes, lightweight too,and if the weather keep going on in this direction,600 supersport race =byebye as well.some suggested that the side car class should be priorized over the 600 SS class,which i think is fair given the fact the solo guys still have the superbikes and superstock bikes to race....

if we're lucky we'll see a superstock and a superbike race,but that is IF the weather cooperate TODAY monday.pretty much it.

RIP Daley Mathison

Quote Originally Posted by Revit View Post
    RIP Daley Mathison
    yes.he crashed on the third lap at snugborough on the superbike race....rip mathison

hickman won by 1,7 sec on corrected time,harisson flying fast leading the race for the most part of the 3 lap race which was red flaged then called a race!!

was out for practice last week got to see 2 sessions , I listen to manx radio on the internet for commentary and have the live timing up on the laptop in fact its all on one site now

but obviously the time zone difference will kill it for you guys.

https://live.iomttraces.com/sign-up.html ... you have to sign up for a newsletter first then this should give you access

see if it works if your are up and about... has a twitter feed with the latest news as well

supersport is due to kick off at 13:15hrs GMT according to the latest update
    please get in touch if you would like a modded collector,adjustable lock-stops or quick release tank and seat pins

All the ageist asides I have read,Rollracer,are you now saying that you were penalised( old chap) on an ano domini related basis?
    Founder member of the old gits enthusiast club/ formery Racing For Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by redratbike View Post
    was out for practice last week got to see 2 sessions , I listen to manx radio on the internet for commentary and have the live timing up on the laptop in fact its all on one site now

but obviously the time zone difference will kill it for you guys.

https://live.iomttraces.com/sign-up.html ... you have to sign up for a newsletter first then this should give you access

see if it works if your are up and about... has a twitter feed with the latest news as well

supersport is due to kick off at 13:15hrs GMT according to the latest update
    to this day i've been able to catch the superbike,and the supersport race. bustin crapp the superbike race was really something to see,but it's been shortened to 2 laps because mathison crash (rip).i'm happy for lee johnston.that guy cumulate all the experience needed to win.and he did.was his first TT win.

as for harrisson and hickman.....it's sad to say,but those 2 won't last for long at the short circuit kind of pace they displays. you can't pile up 15-18-23 TT wins at such pace.those guys are approaching the TT the same way they race short circuits. wheeew. the TT,you can't afford overshooting anywhere.and those 2 seems to not care about what is called ''safety margin''' which is something clear in true roadracer's mind.....anyways.....i don't wish anything bad to anyone,but really...the pace is right now insane. you can see how dunlop,hillier,mcguinness,huitchinson, johnston, johnson,rutter....how true roadracers simply REFUSE to raise the pace to such level.

Quote Originally Posted by GBt View Post
    All the ageist asides I have read,Rollracer,are you now saying that you were penalised( old chap) on an ano domini related basis?
    Founder member of the old gits enthusiast club/ formery Racing For Britain.
    well,i have to believe it is what it is.....i've been stunned by the ''unwritten rule''' about the ''age VS registration''' thing,but well.....i still have a national liscence,and not that bad record......will try again next year.this is something i want to do before kicking the bucket; not that i want to play for the top of the timing sheet,but i'd like to be able to go trough the ''speed test''' sessions without getting the boot lol.that is all.

there's other options,i could race elsewhere in NI.will see.might as well change my mind...but something is clear ,no more short circuit racing for me,i have enough.
    Last edited by rollracer; 06-05-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    as for harrisson and hickman.....it's sad to say,but those 2 won't last for long at the short circuit kind of pace they displays. you can't pile up 15-18-23 TT wins at such pace.those guys are approaching the TT the same way they race short circuits. wheeew. the TT,you can't afford overshooting anywhere.and those 2 seems to not care about what is called ''safety margin''' which is something clear in true roadracer's mind.....anyways.....i don't wish anything bad to anyone,but really...the pace is right now insane. you can see how dunlop,hillier,mcguinness,huitchinson, johnston, johnson,rutter....how true roadracers simply REFUSE to raise the pace to such level.
    Someone's safety margin is someone's limit. So hard to tell. Also, some of the safety margin guys still end up getting the shortest straw. It is a raw business.

One thing I agree is that current bikes are way beyond... Hicky won the RST race with a superstock engine in the superbike as the superbike engine developed some issues.

Rutter has done a +120 mph lap with street tyres on a stock street bike (Ducati) with mirrors on with a standing start. Go figure. The lap with Metzeler M7RR and was it Suzuki was also close to 120 mph. Hard to fathom their safety margins.
    Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & KTM 625 SXC -05
    My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.

Not sure why the commentators keep saying about proceedings due to conditions never heard of before,one fortnight not that long ago, was virtually abandoned due to torrential conditions, such is the Weather around these Isles, IOM not being part of Great Britain , however Rollacer you could do no worse than a trip to view the NW100( the course I rode on a 50cc Ape)that a non practice or race day, at the Manx Classic.
    The IOM Classic Manx follows on and provides ample time to have some fun. I am seriously considering taking my Gen 1 Mille over this year, by van, too low slung for any serious mileage for my poor oldbones these days,and also try it out in the Jerby Festival.
    That town being home to the truly fantastic new Manx Museum , and the Jerby Junk emporium.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4F9B3BCB-37F1-4964-A1C5-A680996C668A.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	382166  

Quote Originally Posted by GBt View Post
    Not sure why the commentators keep saying about proceedings due to conditions never heard of before,one fortnight not that long ago, was virtually abandoned due to torrential conditions, such is the Weather around these Isles, IOM not being part of Great Britain , however Rollacer you could do no worse than a trip to view the NW100( the course I rode on a 50cc Ape)that a non practice or race day, at the Manx Classic.
    The IOM Classic Manx follows on and provides ample time to have some fun. I am seriously considering taking my Gen 1 Mille over this year, by van, too low slung for any serious mileage for my poor oldbones these days,and also try it out in the Jerby Festival.
    That town being home to the truly fantastic new Manx Museum , and the Jerby Junk emporium.
    this is exactly the race i want to register to.....anyways,one must participate to the manx GP before even eyeing the big TT.

you makes me feeding my dream of packing up my bike in a box and climb off in liverpool for a month in august.would really,really like to see the manx GP as spectator,riding around the course everyday.....have a good time while sipping on a local honey brown......wheeew.tempting.

another fooking postponed race .the 2nd supersport was about to be held,but they cancelled it again at the last minute due to the wet tarmac on the mountain.crap i hate the 2019 TT...BUT...was looking at what mcguinness had to say lol...he seems quite happy on how the weather played havoc with the schedule.he don't feel it at all,great lack of confidence,he nearly crashed in the 1st ss race ,kind of hooked his knee slider on a high curb ,he immediately deflated loosing all his speed right after that . the 3 years he nursed his real 1st big injury played havoc with his confidence,it's so obvious in its case.
    Last edited by rollracer; 06-05-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast