Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 13th to 15th September

1 12.50%
  • 20th to 22nd September

7 87.50%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Autumn rally 2019

Call it the Aprilia Club Autumn Rally and let's have a show of beautiful bikes .

I plan to come but not sure if I can handle cold nights in a tent.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

FoodReactions.Org
    Food Intolerance, Allergy & Adverse Reactions
    Bookmark it... you never know when you need it.

Memoirs Photography
    Weddings, Portraits and Events - Beckenham, Bromley, London & Kent

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
    Yes, all welcome. Please put up a thread on the Futura Forum if you think there might be others.
    We need more Rotax V-Twin noise.
    Thanks, voted and x2 Fut. ready for the off.
    Have posted link on Futura section & also on Ridersite where some of the old folk hang-out.
    Thanks
    OG
    Fire Red Falco, my 1st Love.
    sidestand mod (Hayabusa), charging mod, larger sealed airbox, Gabro chip lower Buell rider pegs, braided lines, custom rider seat, home brew hard panniers, OHlins bouncer
    Add Two Tone RS Touring Futura'04, knock-off levers, charging mod, 05map, NWS hugger, Ohlins shock, 12v socket, lowered rider pegs, 848 twin exhausts, revamped plate hanger with pannier support.
    What's not to love!!.er

Ridersite? I thought that died a long time ago?!

Not all who wander are lost......

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo_UK View Post
    Ridersite? I thought that died a long time ago?!
    Many old stalwarts still on there, like my hair, the membership is a bit thin & spread out, but deffo not dead yet.
    www.ridersite.ws
    Fire Red Falco, my 1st Love.
    sidestand mod (Hayabusa), charging mod, larger sealed airbox, Gabro chip lower Buell rider pegs, braided lines, custom rider seat, home brew hard panniers, OHlins bouncer
    Add Two Tone RS Touring Futura'04, knock-off levers, charging mod, 05map, NWS hugger, Ohlins shock, 12v socket, lowered rider pegs, 848 twin exhausts, revamped plate hanger with pannier support.
    What's not to love!!.er

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Watching with great interest, my local rideout loop virtually selected there
    Capo Mk1
    WR450 road legal green laner - bone breaker
    VFR750 FV - epic 80k commuter
    XT720 Tenere Supermoto - stroked & overbored
    Honda NC30 400R - 16000rpm redline
    Kawasaki ZXR750
    Honda PC50 @ 16

The 20th to 22nd September appears to be the clear winner so we'll fix the date of the autumn rally to be the 20th to 22nd September.

I'll update the first post to reflect this and start a list of those who wish to attend.

I plan to come along.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

FoodReactions.Org
    Food Intolerance, Allergy & Adverse Reactions
    Bookmark it... you never know when you need it.

Memoirs Photography
    Weddings, Portraits and Events - Beckenham, Bromley, London & Kent

OK folks an update on this shindig, today I have been in touch with both the campsite and the Blue Bell pub to confirm reservations for us on the chosen dates of 20 - 22 September, I have had to give some ideas of numbers to both venues and both now have confirmed our booking as follows.

Camping
    We have a discount rate of 10 a night which covers one person and their bike providing that they are using a smallish tent, if you want to bring one big enough to park your bike in you may be asked for further funds to reflect this. Some electric hook ups are available and these are 5 per night, the amenities block is very well appointed and as the campsite is quite small sized accordingly, so be up early unless you want to queue for a shower. As a side note I have given the owner a personal reassurance we will be well behaved and not excessively noisy as he was a little concerned about a group of bikers all descending on his site (I gathered he has had a negative experience with a certain German manufactured bike group before). I have booked for 15 camping and the owner is quite flexible with numbers either side of this giving us some wiggle room, no deposit required for camping just pay on arrival. Note anyone NOT wanted to camp at this weekend there are a number of places in Kettlewell that offer accommodation (the Blue Bell included) and can accommodate those not hardy enough to camp but I would strongly suggest you book now to avoid disappointment as they fill up some time in advance.

Saturday night Meal
    I have taken the campsite owners advice on this one and gone with the Blue Bell Inn just a short walk from the campsite, Mrs P and I had a ride up there last weekend and its a lovely old pub with lots of character and very atmospheric. I have discussed our requirements with them and booked a room for us all for at 19:30 and they are happy to have us with just a couple of caveats, one is that we give them an idea of menu choices before the 16th September as it can get very busy in there over the weekend and this means its easier for the chef and we all get our food at the same time and the other one is a deposit of 5 per diner to secure the room. Now initially I was going to ask for this upfront for all those attending however looking at the list below I have personally met nearly all of you so am willing to go on trust and pay the deposit myself and then get the funds back on the night, the only thing I ask is that you please confirm on this thread that you are definitely coming please so I can confirm numbers to the pub. At the moment I have suggested there will be around 20 folk coming working on the principle some will not be camping but do need to confirm numbers ASAP and pay the deposit as described above.

Kettlewell
    This is a lovely quaint little village that has a small amount of amenities, there is a village shop, a few pubs and cafes and a petrol station. According to the campsite a few of the pubs and cafes do offer breakfasts to those who want one and the village shop usually offers bacon rolls etc. The petrol station is straight out of the 1960 in appearance but not pricing as it was about 10p a litre more than anywhere else when we were up there recently so I would suggest using it as a fall back only.

I finish off nights on Friday the 20th but can be up and ready by 11:00 so anyone travelling to the camp meet who fancy's it could meet me at Squires Biker Cafe Sherburn In Elmet (about 2 miles from my house) and I can take you on a ride out up to Kettlewell taking in some epic routes, just let me know if your interested.

I will post the menus for you to have a look at but don't need choices off anyone until nearer the time.

Right I think that about covers it all but any questions please feel free to ask, this may all seem a long way off at the moment but the only way of getting what we want is going to be by booking early and then there's the matter of Clan Capo trip soon and then a euro trip as far away as Spain for Mrs P and I to take in (sadly in her Mini Cooper not the capo as she's had a couple of health issues meaning she can't handle the saddle time needed) and all these things will mean I need to get some order to the September meet before too much longer.

Again please confirm on this thread that you are definitely coming please.

Pugwash
    Remember, you cannot outrun a motorola!

2003 Caponord
    2007 FJR1300AS
    2010 KLX250

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menu main.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	382011
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menu starter.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	382012

List of attendees:
    falcojake
    goldencapo
    old git + 1
    RH_SCOTLAND
    SteveB67
    timcrasher
    nerald
    pugwash + 1 + 2 maybe
    IanStrom (probable)
    Huddscapo
    CapoMario
    Jtinky_ say
    Fugazi

Pugwash
    Remember, you cannot outrun a motorola!

2003 Caponord
    2007 FJR1300AS
    2010 KLX250

Thanks for going to all this effort, Jim. I am a definite having booked the time off.
    Sounds like it is a lovely little village, in a great part of the country. I can't wait.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/timcrasher

http://timcrasher.blogspot.com

2001 Aprilia Caponord: gone but not forgotten
    2016 Ducati Multistrada DVT ( or should that be PMT ) Flirted with an Italian bella donna but she left me for another lover
    2008 Aprilia ETV1000 ABS: Early days in our relationship, but thing seem to be going well

apriliaforum Junkie
    Booked in at Belk's BnB, thought I'd treat myself - billet-wise - for once. Looking forward to it.

I'll have the Blue Bell pie please, no starter. Cheese, port and brandy for afters, of course.

apriliaforum expert RH_SCOTLAND's Avatar
    I'll be there on my beastie James, camping.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Sounds good to me, rather late in the yes for camping - though it was s balmy 25 Deg or something this March, so bringing a tent is possible. Put me down on the list anyway, thanks for sorting. The Caponord was going uncommonly well last weekend, so this bodes well for the Autumn ..

apriliaforum expert
    Late response - Both Maggie and I will be attending
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

apriliaforum expert
    Booked into Valley View for the Friday/Saturday....Oh and we will have the Gammon , egg and Chips. (x2)...Thanks for organising this chaps.
    Last edited by Saffa Gaz; 06-05-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast