Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who's watching the northwest 200 live coverage?

taking a breather...
    haha..that bike..it sounds great!! looks like half sport-half supermotard machine. liked the video you've posted.figure it's your bike?

funny you mention it,i've just bought my VPN express membership so i will look at the TT highlights and catch-ups too!

it's still a lame situation that we can't see the TT LIVE,but seems like a company is about to provide live coverage of the whole event.the sooner the better.it's about time .the TT should be offered in a pay per view format .i'm sure this would be big business for the iom TT GVT....in doing so,i can see a lot of newcomers from around the world trying their luck at the TT in the upcoming years. from the moment a motorsport event gets on TV, the racer ranks increases dramatically.

can't wait to see the real michael dunlop at work...hey,he retired from every single race he ws in at the NW,except the 1st 600 race where he finished 3rd....so,to me,it wasn't the true michael dunlop...he wasn't the shadow of the warrior we know.i suspect the mean pittbull he really is as rider is gonna showup the 1st days of the TT practice.i hope.

as for mcguinness.....well...maybe he stayed quiet on purpose at the NW,but...it doesn't looks great right now with norton and their half functionning bikes. i'm not sure if norton is allowed to use their in house 1200cc powerplant,or the aprilia motor to conform to the iom TT rules...not sure what the rules says regarding the CC limits. for sure the 1200cc motor would be their best bet,probably much more reliable than the aprilia engine,which maybe pull more HP's,but isn't reliable enough for the 37.75 miles course imo.

cameron donald decided he had enough and don't want to push on his chances of a ''big one'' so i heard he's gonna play the analyst role with platter and co.

i hope hutchinson is still healthy enough to accomplish what he really want to...poor guy,he paid the high price as roadracer,i wish him at least a TT win for 2019 .he deserves it. he work so hard,he's very fast,has no fear....my favorite TT racer with MD and JMG...hope we'll see those 3 on the box .probably the last time for mcguinness,and probably hutchy too.as for mike dunlop,i suspect he has a walk or die dedication to the TT....the name ''dunlop'' is obviously a heavy weight on its shoulders,and it seems he will never be able to escape his destiny.

taking a breather...
    haha..that bike..it sounds great!! looks like half sport-half supermotard machine. liked the video you've posted.figure it's your bike?

funny you mention it,i've just bought my VPN express membership so i will look at the TT highlights and catch-ups too!

it's still a lame situation that we can't see the TT LIVE,but seems like a company is about to provide live coverage of the whole event.the sooner the better.it's about time .the TT should be offered in a pay per view format .i'm sure this would be big business for the iom TT GVT....in doing so,i can see a lot of newcomers from around the world trying their luck at the TT in the upcoming years. from the moment a motorsport event gets on TV, the racer ranks increases dramatically.

can't wait to see the real michael dunlop at work...hey,he retired from every single race he ws in at the NW,except the 1st 600 race where he finished 3rd....so,to me,it wasn't the true michael dunlop...he wasn't the shadow of the warrior we know.i suspect the mean pittbull he really is as rider is gonna showup the 1st days of the TT practice.i hope.

as for mcguinness.....well...maybe he stayed quiet on purpose at the NW,but...it doesn't looks great right now with norton and their half functionning bikes. i'm not sure if norton is allowed to use their in house 1200cc powerplant,or the aprilia motor to conform to the iom TT rules...not sure what the rules says regarding the CC limits. for sure the 1200cc motor would be their best bet,probably much more reliable than the aprilia engine,which maybe pull more HP's,but isn't reliable enough for the 37.75 miles course imo.

cameron donald decided he had enough and don't want to push on his chances of a ''big one'' so i heard he's gonna play the analyst role with platter and co.

i hope hutchinson is still healthy enough to accomplish what he really want to...poor guy,he paid the high price as roadracer,i wish him at least a TT win for 2019 .he deserves it. he work so hard,he's very fast,has no fear....my favorite TT racer with MD and JMG...hope we'll see those 3 on the box .probably the last time for mcguinness,and probably hutchy too.as for mike dunlop,i suspect he has a walk or die dedication to the TT....the name ''dunlop'' is obviously a heavy weight on its shoulders,and it seems he will never be able to escape his destiny.

Yes that street tracker was a Sach with a DR Suzuki 650 single, I say was because having owned a V Twin engined one(based on a Fritz Egli Frame, most famous for his Vincent engined frames and later Honda CBX .
    The idea being to make it stock, albeit the twin carbs have been tweaked. It sorta got consigned to the shed when I bought my first Italian VTwin, a Futura by Aprilia( I have since owned 4 and still have two 1000VTwin(and briefly a Yam Diversion 900s.
    I was extracating the Sach when some folk came to look at the Yam and bought it, so set to and had the Sachs nearly roadable
    After two more years I bought another Virago engined Sachs but for spares as many parts are interchangeable but the 650 Roadster was in my spare room over the winter alongside a Royal Enfield Indian Bullet, so bike racing enthusiast yep bikenut I am,
    At fist I had used the 650 as a street tracker but some stuff was a bit botched by its former owner, still havent found an original down pipe for the holy one leading to the back box, it had that wovan stuff wrapped around which seems the fashion a CBR exhaust was a temporary fit . I really need to downsize so have the Raptor and when its MOTd my Ape Mille Gen 1 for sale .
    Maybe the Sachs 650 will be roadable by then, again but also I find myself heading for the Ape Atlantic 500 which is far better than a mobilty Scooter and extremely comfortable and economical; a possibility for next years NW 200 trip.

Also Hutchy could hardly stand after his recovery from was it Siverstone where he got run over, sadly the first ever bike race I went to at Snetterton a guy met his maker right in front of me. Put me off bike racing for a good while(I was away at Sea)till Sheeney revived my interest.

taking a breather...
    ^^^

do you still have the royal enfield indian bullet? what a nice bike ,must be proud of it. would like to see a pic if you have one to post. kind of a very cool sunday ride .

and yep,hutchy accident at silverstone...absolute irony for a TT racer ,career ending injury sustained on a rare short circuit appearance.what a sad event.but he fought so hard after to regain its fitness, winning couple TT races afterward ; nearly heroic if you ask me.seems to me as the state of his foot is worsening as time past.,which is normal given the border line decision of keeping it;doctor wanted to amputate for a reason : most of the main blood vessels were exploded at tibia and foot level ; to this day the blood flow in his lower leg is far from ideal. poor guy,i feel for him,he fought so hard to keep going,like an urge to win more TT races ....i feel his career is close to an end;sadly.
    Last edited by rollracer; 05-22-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    ^^^

do you still have the royal enfield indian bullet? what a nice bike ,must be proud of it. would like to see a pic if you have one to post. kind of a very cool sunday ride .

and yep,hutchy accident at silverstone...absolute irony for a TT racer ,career ending injury sustained on a rare short circuit appearance.what a sad event.but he fought so hard after to regain its fitness, winning couple TT races afterward ; nearly heroic if you ask me.seems to me as the state of his foot is worsening as time past.,which is normal given the border line decision of keeping it;doctor wanted to amputate for a reason : most of the main blood vessels were exploded at tibia and foot level ; to this day the blood flow in his lower leg is far from ideal. poor guy,i feel for him,he fought so hard to keep going,like an urge to win more TT races ....i feel his career is close to an end;sadly.
    Your wish is my command
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA61A78A-300F-412D-8766-7294F5971B32.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	381170  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DDF5984F-C405-45A1-B83A-61366269EEB2.jpg 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	381171  

Name:	0C95C311-1F95-484D-81B3-EED6142D2253.jpg 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	381172  

taking a breather...
    OMG!!! what a jewel!! ouff!! i'd ride that on sundays,trust me!! what a nice red...and....and....and the springer saddle lol. what a bullet,seriously,i lovelovelove the look of that bike. seems like a twin pot to me,so torque must be quite present on clutch release?

how many miles on this red bullet? do you still own it? lol...i'd make the trip to england just to see it live,and maybe hear it running LOL. the general state seems very good.

you're a lucky indian bullet owner.

edit: after looking closely,i now guess it's a mono?

Yep 350, right hand( foot)gearbox, one up 3 down, left foot brake,with very bad Ferry co experience I had her couriered from N Ireland,rather than go over there to pick the bike up last year, owner had arm injury so had to give biking up. It was restored 3 years ago and a full engine rebuild but now in need of some rewiring, dont ask.
    So what is/are youre mount(s) see you have had racing experience,from what I read in your posts, tell all.

taking a breather...
    Quote Originally Posted by GBt View Post
    Yep 350, right hand( foot)gearbox, one up 3 down, left foot brake,with very bad Ferry co experience I had her couriered from N Ireland,rather than go over there to pick the bike up last year, owner had arm injury so had to give biking up. It was restored 3 years ago and a full engine rebuild but now in need of some rewiring, dont ask.
    So what is/are youre mount(s) see you have had racing experience,from what I read in your posts, tell all.
    funny you're asking,because today was my 1st ride with my brand new tuono V4 1100..otherwise i'm still rolling my old skin on track days on an 2005 R1...in fact,the one you see in my avatar is my eclusive track bike,no more street riding for him . the gross of my racing days were in the late 80's and early 90's..i've raced an RG500 gamma 2 strokes for 4 years inn the pro ranks,before making the switch to gx'ers in 750 production,then after 10 years of racing i've been hired as race director for the national canadian pro superbike championnship ,which i worked for close to 15 years till 2007,and then i retired from that .these days i'm attending some track days i'm still in love with the big tracks we have here in canada : mosport,tremblant...thiose 2 are my favorite tracks; fast,flowing...i still have fun even if i've lost many MPH along the years lol.

I have been toying with attempting making my gen one Mille into a Tuono, but in my collection have a 50 stroker Tuono. Rode it over the Mountain Course and NW 100 , stopped at the Bungalow to pay tribute to Joey Dunlop's memorial, doing 65 downhill on the clock, nearly got wiped out by a Ford Tranny Pickup overtaking a Truck coming straight for us, but accident averted , went to Union Mills to watch evening practice, some friends run the Classic Suzuki team, RG500s but both bikes had engine troubles and seeingem rebuilding em in time I would take weeks to complete, a bit like Drag Racing when they just wheel out a block and put on all the ancilories in 15/20 minutes.

The Enfield has done 350 miles since rebuild, but needs a new wiring loom ideally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	064.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	381260  

Name:	BA5E24AC-6812-490B-B86B-0178B4DB7CA2.jpg 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	381261  

taking a breather...
    Quote Originally Posted by GBt View Post
    I have been toying with attempting making my gen one Mille into a Tuono, but in my collection have a 50 stroker Tuono. Rode it over the Mountain Course and NW 100 , stopped at the Bungalow to pay tribute to Joey Dunlop's memorial, doing 65 downhill on the clock, nearly got wiped out by a Ford Tranny Pickup overtaking a Truck coming straight for us, but accident averted , went to Union Mills to watch evening practice, some friends run the Classic Suzuki team, RG500s but both bikes had engine troubles and seeingem rebuilding em in time I would take weeks to complete, a bit like Drag Racing when they just wheel out a block and put on all the ancilories in 15/20 minutes.

The Enfield has done 350 miles since rebuild, but needs a new wiring loom ideally.
    i know teams at the TT are top notch pros...but i tell you: ''i'd be fooking nervous '''' racing a generic 2 strokes like the RG or RZ 500 on the 37.75 course LOL!!

while a true GP bike would be less questionnable for me,production 2 strokes...you never know .i would probably run them as rich as possible to avoid a seizure,but this is really at the opposite philosophy of 2 strokes racing , because normally,you want to run as leaner as possible so you get crispier acceleration.the RZ was known to cook the 4th pot all the time.my RG was really reliable in stock trim ,when i made it a superbike with 680 piston ,mod'ed coils and reworked rotary valves ,it then became a monster pushing 115 hp's from the 95 ponies it was in stock trim ...lets say the power delivery was....violent lol

sorry for my ignorance ,but a 50 stroker tuono..is it a tuono with a drag style motor ?

seems like you've owned an impressive amount of bike haha...you were accurate when you described yourself with the : '''i'm a motorcycle-racing nut''' lol.

this would be my first move climbing off on the island: a quick ride to joey's memorial . on top of that, the perspective-view of the track,with the upcoming riders settling for the corner would be a previlegiate viewing spot for me.

how classical the pick up encounter thing really is. can't count on both hands the number of times it happened in my 40 years of riding in the streets. ; i always keep a 100% focus on what i see and what i feel in relation to the surrounding traffic; on the roads, you can feel who you must watch,and who seems to be a safe driver. i know that ,in my case,my radar is really sharp concerning other drivers. anyways,i'm always making sure nobody is close to me more than for couple seconds LOL.

goin to see the TT with an knowledgeable old par like you would be a pleasure. we would talk about the old guard,the racers who got a hit on our imaginary.

ya...i noticed some stray wires on the endfield...that what's giving him some charm haha!!

Pardon me, nope Stroker as in Slang for two stroke, a single water cooled one with oil injection, quite rare as most folk like the racier RS 50, same as a couple of Red Roses , 123 Rotax , the RS Version has a lighter flywheel , but the first one is now the longest owned bike in my stable.
    I got a second for spares, but it was far too good for that albeit unrestricted I used it as a run around.

One Club does a run from cockermouth( yes t’is a real name in Cumbria, via Whitehaven on a West to East Coast run, to Scarborough in Yorkshire , for tiddler bikes up to 100 cc over the Penine Mountains.
    125s allowed if owned prior to the January of that year, so idea was to use parts on my older one, however I didnt take part, again on health issues, that year and made the mistake of derestricting the later one, which would do 60, but result 3 times it tried to buck me off , the wheel locking in a big way at some speed ,with a long and meandering black tyre mrk, think there were skid marks elsewheres. so it got consigned to the shed too.

The little Tuono took my fancy but whilst it went over the mountain on the Manx course , going there in the back of my van
    has yet to see either Cumbria, Or Yorkshire.
    The bike I got removed from my property found trashed was a Sachs Madass, another aimed at the Penine run as was a 125 Sachs, also in my shed( owned two of those and the Street Tracker in the Video is a Sachs with a DR Suzuki engine.

I had a load of Rice Burners to start off with, Suzuki 100, DT 100 Yam, twin pot 125 Wolf ( saw a near twin the Stinger at a show Sunday)a Suzuki GT 185 , Kawasaki KH250 and 400, then my first 4 stroke apart from a Honda Cub 90,( forgot thats a tually longest owned) then AV400 F Honda which sounded great on Micron Pipes and would rev to nye on 14000.

Never rode a bike as potent as the RV or the V4 that I saw Sheeney and Roberts dicing on in the Brit GP , the following year I was on shift the race weekend but went to Silverstone for Friday practice and marvelled at their talents( sadly after I left Bazza didnt run out of talent , just nearly into a slower rider under the Dunlop Bridge, and was known as the bionic man( not old man, as he never made it thus far)With the combined metal in his body from that and Daytona offs.

Did see him again at Silvers, but took a friend who bought my GT 185 off me, in a car I got , there were women riding around on big bikes and fellas too, a real carnival atmosphere, suddenly a hush as the racers lined up, Sheene fell off so was out and I reckon 80 percent of the crowd buggered off which was a shame as 3 riders, a Dutchman, whose Sir name eludes me, Randy Mamola, Mick grant on the Green Meanie Kwaka, Stavros Sheenes Yamaha team mate on V4s, ( or was that Mamola then and the guy from Holland pipped them all and won.

Showed just how fanatical Sheenefans were back then maybe to the same extent as the Doctor Valentino, I find myself rooting for Dovi, and of course Crutchlow!

You could still record on VCR and or watch the Highlights same as GPs, car and bike, showing all the classes, dont think they covered the NWest then, but the new Superbike Classes in Sheeneys day,
    as well as Ralleycross , Go Kart Racing, all to the opening soundtrack of Fleetwood Mac’s The Chain.

Then there was live coverage of the IOM, all on the BBC

Bernie Ecclestone had a lot to answer for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12