Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lambda sensor and EVO 6 system

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by jess67 View Post
    Thanks for posting that link BN, I don't think I have seen anyone doing custom cans before with those sorts of options. My system has those early style cans and are no longer available. The only Akro cans with 65mm inlets that are available are the same as Chris has in the photo above. But with a price tag of about $2.3kUS.
    I was lucky to get maybe the last EVO6 repair skin on the planet to repair my early style can, had an exhaust guy here repair the can base and turned it inside so you can't see the damage. I might have a serious think about those pipewerx cans and put the Akro's on ice.

Attachment 380897
    Jesse
    Let me know if you are going to go with the pipe worx for the evo 6 system, might be able to get a good deal for two sets
    been searching for some mufflers for the trackbike before the inevitable happens, got some ebay cheapies that I'm planning to modify to fit the 65mm inlet
    will see how it goes, but the pipewerx might be a good option

Quote Originally Posted by antarius View Post
    mind if i ask what they cost?
    $375 us.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnutt View Post
    $375 us.
    Man I might reach out to them. I want a set but my Delkevics were just too loud for my liking. I wonder if an OEM length set will be quiet but louder than stock...
    Current: '07 Aprilia Tuono Factory, '07 BMW R1200GS
    Past: '14 Aprilia Tuono V4, '17 KTM RC390, '07 KTM Superduke 990, '07 Husqvarna SM610

$375 us.
    Man I might reach out to them. I want a set but my Delkevics were just too loud for my liking. I wonder if an OEM length set will be quiet but louder than stock...
    Past: '14 Aprilia Tuono V4, '17 KTM RC390, '07 KTM Superduke 990, '07 Husqvarna SM610

apriliaforum expert johnnyjellybean's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antarius View Post
    Are the Delkevics you have the 14"? With the baffle in you find them too loud? Surprising. I just fitted the 14" and even with the baffles out, I don't find them loud.

Bloodnutt,

On the cans you ordered, 60mm inlet, 50.8mm core.
    What size in mm is the outlet and is the core a straight tapper inlet to outlet?
    Current Rides

2 Black 1998 Suzuki TL 1000S's

2001 Mille R/RR track bike - 08 engine, Amauri's big bore kit, 4 intake cams 108/112, 57mm Tb's, BGG 440cc injectors, Stefano's dual CF velocity stacks,
    Gabro's RP-RR chip, PC3, Evo air box spacer/fuel reg/ignition amp, modded Arrow 71100PR 2-1 exhaust, Brembo RCS masters, STM slipper, MPL slave,
    Dyno Jet quick shifter, Speedycom thumb brake, Woodcraft rearsets with Vortex pegs, 520-16/45, 180/60, Sharkskinz.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyjellybean View Post
    Are the Delkevics you have the 14"? With the baffle in you find them too loud? Surprising. I just fitted the 14" and even with the baffles out, I don't find them loud.
    I think 14, yes. But I generally like really quiet bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R View Post
    Bloodnutt,

On the cans you ordered, 60mm inlet, 50.8mm core.
    What size in mm is the outlet and is the core a straight tapper inlet to outlet?
    Measured with the baffles in 54.5mm.
    I think the core is straight but contact Pipe Werx for confirmation of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JDRSV View Post
    Jesse
    Let me know if you are going to go with the pipe worx for the evo 6 system, might be able to get a good deal for two sets
    been searching for some mufflers for the trackbike before the inevitable happens, got some ebay cheapies that I'm planning to modify to fit the 65mm inlet
    will see how it goes, but the pipewerx might be a good option
    Thanks JD, I will keep you in mind when I head down the Pipewerx path but it wont be for a while. In the meantime I bought some insurance, a set of these R&G supermoto type sliders after I saw them on JMH's
    Gen1 Mille. I think that you can make a homemade version fairly cheap with a large worm drive clamp and some silicone hose but the R&G's were about $100 and don't look too bad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190628_195332.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	384255

Measured with the baffles in 54.5mm.
    I think the core is straight but contact Pipe Werx for confirmation of that.
    Thanks, I was curious to see how yours were done, as on the option page they only list the 2 cores.
    Happily my core is tapered inlet to outlet but I was expecting a straight 60mm core.
    Current Rides

2 Black 1998 Suzuki TL 1000S's

2001 Mille R/RR track bike - 08 engine, Amauri's big bore kit, 4 intake cams 108/112, 57mm Tb's, BGG 440cc injectors, Stefano's dual CF velocity stacks,
    Gabro's RP-RR chip, PC3, Evo air box spacer/fuel reg/ignition amp, modded Arrow 71100PR 2-1 exhaust, Brembo RCS masters, STM slipper, MPL slave,
    Dyno Jet quick shifter, Speedycom thumb brake, Woodcraft rearsets with Vortex pegs, 520-16/45, 180/60, Sharkskinz.

That photo's a bit of a teaser Jess !
    Got any more ?

Yeh got a bit of a transformation going on. I have been collecting engine parts for about 4 years, so after finally getting it all together and off to the engine builder, the bikes getting spruced up. Luckily it's an R and not a Factory(wouldnt molest a Factory), went with black frame, swingarm, subframe and triples. Fluo red wheels. RSV4 Glam white bodywork and Aprilia Racing decals. I don't have any real photos atm, but will post some when it's finished.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123