Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RSV-R '00: dyno tested Titanium and Shotgun slipons

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by GBt;4[ATTACH=CONFIG
    380520[/ATTACH]Attachment 380521This was the readout on an Arrow Can, however I sold that one as it was very noisy and I had the original Racing Aprilia one, and the Shotgun which of course is far lighter,)There is also a power commander 3 box https://www.facebook.com/10000309537...229925235/?t=4
    I tried to scan and upload the main sheet but finished up i padding it,so hope its legeable.
    You need a different hanger (bracket?) for the shotgun slip on.
    It needs to be pointed higher, this way you are putting some strain on the pipex and the collector.

I was never able to get my foot placed comfortably with the shotgun pipe - it had to go... irrespective of how much I wanted to like it...

Completely understand, I would definitely have the same problem too

apriliaforum newb
    I know what you guys mean, when i place my right foot a bit further back than i usually do, my boot heel is on the carbon cover of the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    I know what you guys mean, when i place my right foot a bit further back than i usually do, my boot heel is on the carbon cover of the pipe.
    I would need similar carbon cover on my Arrow link pipe due to the same reason

Odoslané z SM-G390F pomocou Tapatalku

apriliaforum prov-nov blacklines's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabro View Post
    Actually the 2 slip-ons perform very similar, the Titanium gives less dip at midrange, the shotgun a better pickup thwn "in torque". Same max power.

Anyway, I'm still amazed about how good the first exhaust header design works. I've probably ditched it for 20years with no reasons.

Attachment 380488
    Have you changed your mind on the headers now then? You seemed to get positive results when you tested it years ago.

I wonder how the standard boiler can compared to the titanium and shotgun too. The quietness of the stock can is great and I think the performance isn't bad too. Shame it weighs so much otherwise I would use it and never worry about track noise limits again.
    Owen

no, i've only tested '98-'00 headers last year first... my fault, i've had understimate 'em in last 20years :/

BTW the boiler dos not perform bad at all, here you can see dyno (VS a Arrow and Ti cans): https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...=1#post3932530
    no dip in torque at all on stock '01+ headerset, and it's still have a good sound
    BUT it's damn heavy and big!
    Aprilia bikes ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    --
    Please like and Follow the #gabroracingteam socials!
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/gabroracingteam
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/GabroRacingTeam-GRT

Thanks for the link to the charts. It looks like the boiler doesn't give anything away, aside from the last few hundred rpm down the straights. It's a shame it is so heavy. If there was a way to reduce the weight without reducing performance or increasing noise, Aprilia would have done it I'm sure.
    Owen

apriliaforum newb
    Awesome test! Thanks!
    I do wonder how the weight affects the actual performance... not familiar with the actual weight of the shotgun setup BUT the single can is an anchor. So how many hp are lost for every 10lbs of weight?
    I know a bit too dorky but why not know...
    Cheers

I don't think it's so much the horsepower as it's a fairly small % of the total weight the engine has to shift. The added weight will be felt when braking and cornering though. Lighter bikes feel better on track.
    Owen

Honestly I swap back and forth between OEM and Ti slip-on using a Gabro V2/V5 chip. The OEM has tons more grunt and is a bit smoother at highway speeds. Don't really notice the weight other than installing it.
    oh well nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by Rsvmillerider View Post
    So how many hp are lost for every 10lbs of weight?
    Thinking back to school days, Force = mass * acceleration. So more or less an increase in mass of X% will also make a decrease in acceleration (or force) of X%.

Say the bike weighs 210kg wet with a race can and makes 115hp. You swap the race can for the stock can and gain 7kg to 217kg wet weight and assume if still makes the same 115hp. Wet weight is now up 3%.

Although actual horsepower is the same, the acceleration has been reduced by 3%. Or if you want to think of it in terms of how much hp is lost, it's 3%. So in this case you'd lose about 3hp of effective power from putting the heavier stock can on, leaving you with 112hp. Not sure how accurate that is, or if it'll actually make any difference to any of us though. Probably the same as getting back on full throttle 6" sooner out of a corner.

Sorry, you asked in pounds. Assuming wet weight of 460lbs, 10lbs is 2% of wet weight. So every 10lbs would effectively cost you about 2hp.
    Owen

Quote Originally Posted by Gabro View Post
    no, i've only tested '98-'00 headers last year first... my fault, i've had understimate 'em in last 20years :/

BTW the boiler dos not perform bad at all, here you can see dyno (VS a Arrow and Ti cans): https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...=1#post3932530
    no dip in torque at all on stock '01+ headerset, and it's still have a good sound
    BUT it's damn heavy and big!
    Gabro, did the stock slip on in your dyno runs have the baffle removed like this? Does removing the baffle change the sound and performance much?

You absolutely want to remove that baffle.
    This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU - remember Sandra Bland

Quote Originally Posted by kzmille View Post
    You absolutely want to remove that baffle.
    agree.

BTW i've never dynotested a baffled stock exhaust anyway :/
    Aprilia bikes ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    --
    Please like and Follow the #gabroracingteam socials!
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/gabroracingteam
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/GabroRacingTeam-GRT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast