Thread: 2009 Aprilia Sport City 50 - need help w certain/any customization

apriliaforum newb

2009 Aprilia Sport City 50 - need help w certain/any customization

Hello everyone,

I'm writing from Canada with some questions about how I can go about customizing my 2009 Aprilia Sport City 50.

First, i'm interested in ANY & ALL little tweaks you guys can help a newbie out with. From creative ideas on how to use that little circular clip in the front (to carry things), to where I can buy upgraded head & tail lights.
    (speaking of which, the shop that sold this to me, indicated that the two smaller lights on each side of the headlamp assembly are NOT wired-up? See photo below)...
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  48.5 KB

Also I'm very interested in performing an upgrade to the engine. I was told that there's a "kit" that I can order to take my bike from 50cc to 80cc. I need to know more about this "kit". Is is manufactured by Aprilia or is it third party aftermarket?? Can I buy it in Canada, or at least have it shipped here?

Thanks in advance - i really appreciate anyone's input!

apriliaforum newb
    I"m not sure - i was told it was a "two-valve" as opposed to a "4-valve". Is that the same thing?

apriliaforum expert
    yes its a 4 troke if it looks like on the picture

apriliaforum newb
    Awesome - thank you - yeah i'm really happy with it. Mine's actually silver, which looks much better than any of the other colors IMO and it's 'sportier' than all the vintage Vespas etc in my area. It definitely needs a bigger engine though, i'm 250lbs and it just can't carry me up hills properly. I'm looking into that link now - thank you so much!

apriliaforum newb
    oh man... i wish that made sense, but i'm a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff. I literally know nothing. I've found a local shop that has the kits and warranties their installs. Looks like i'll have to fork out nearly a grand, but at least then i'll be able to go up a hill! lol

apriliaforum Member
    first take off the cyl head cover and count how many valves u got. there are v2 and v4 models.get a malossi ,polini or tp bbk 80 cc kit WITH naraku or malossi CAMSHAFT!but check the valves first cuz these kits are different too.even if u replace the exhaust.mainjet 82 or 84.

apriliaforum newb
    so I've found out it's a 4-stroke, 2 valve =( I'm taking it to a shop to have them put in a kit...... I was torn between the 70cc Malossi with camshaft, or the 80cc Polini. In the end I chose to save a few hundred and went with the 80cc Polini. Can't wait to get it back for next weekend!

apriliaforum Member
    Very good,keep us updated.do u put it on the dyno?brand not only money matters with this kits.
    Last edited by rank1; 06-12-2019 at 03:37 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    There's only one shop in town that knows my bike inside and out, so i'm relying on their advice and experience. Sure, they may be selling me, but I trust them and in 3 days I'll have it back to see for myself.

apriliaforum newb
    well, that 80cc kit was a total waste of $1k

Part of the kit included a p[performance air box & filter along with it being 'jetted'. I'm wondering what to try next and i'm leaning towards replacing the stock exhaust. Any suggestions? I recognize that it's just a 4-stroke, 2-valve, but I was still expecting more from the 80cc upgrade. My friends with 50cc 2-stroke bikes are still faster than me!

apriliaforum newb
    @sublunacy

The price was actually $925, installed, tested, warrantied and tax in. I don't have the knowledge to do any of this myself, i'm just beginign to learn and this is my first bike. There's only one place in my city that has these kits in stock, specializes in scooters and warranties their work. Unless I want to turn my bike into a project that will take me off the road for the height of the season.... It's not like I have any options. Heck, I don't even have half the tools I'd need.

Thanks for the link to the exhaust! How do you think it compares to this one I've been eye-balling?: https://www.scootertuning.ca/en/exha...iaggio-4t.html

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petejones View Post
    well, that 80cc kit was a total waste of $1k

Part of the kit included a p[performance air box & filter along with it being 'jetted'. I'm wondering what to try next and i'm leaning towards replacing the stock exhaust. Any suggestions? I recognize that it's just a 4-stroke, 2-valve, but I was still expecting more from the 80cc upgrade. My friends with 50cc 2-stroke bikes are still faster than me!
    I can tell u right now,u ll never win from a 2t.Another exhaust is terrible on 4t specially when u take out the db killer.No better performance only noise and a nice backfire show.Try some of the vespa exhaust Sito + is cheap clone exhaust.U also need another CDI the Ducati type or need to mod the stock but should do it carefully.
    Last edited by rank1; 06-18-2019 at 06:02 PM.