Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just picked up a new in crate 09 RS125 Spains No1

apriliaforum newb
    No Problem.

Btw, wife and I were in New Zealand a few months back.. Very clean and friendly.

Nice Country.

Even went to the Hobbit set. But Glow worms were cool.

Steve
    Last edited by SCALECRAFT; 05-13-2019 at 09:50 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    Thank you Banned. I will look into it.

apriliaforum prov-nov ninjaRS125's Avatar
    Gorgeous place! You should check out our riding roads, whole country was formed on volcanic activity, twists, turns and varying gradients! The next trip should including some riding. The RS is perfect for these roads, I'm able to keep up with the larger bikes in the twisties(not so much on the straights).
    Also I've got the bike with the front sprockets with 2 teeth down. Much better acceleration(about 20% better), but top speed is about 140-145 which is perfect for street riding. 0-100km/h is around 5 seconds. The only thing is that when you're on the highway, the revs are a little high (8000rpm @ 105km/h)

Quote Originally Posted by SCALECRAFT View Post
    No Problem.

Btw, wife and I were in New Zealand a few months back.. Very clean and friendly.

Nice Country.

Even went to the Hobbit set. But Glow worms were cool.

Steve

apriliaforum newb
    Good idea on the gear ratio.

apriliaforum newb 2-stroke John's Avatar
    Exactly! As it turns out, I have one for sale in San Diego, CA with 428 miles. As new condition an has and Arrow pipe on it all for $4,000! PM me if interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0034.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	382397

apriliaforum newb
    John, if your RS is still available let me know please. I'm interested. rwdunkin@msn.com
    Thanks

apriliaforum expert stevieboy22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCALECRAFT View Post
    At this point, theoretically, in California it can only have OHV tags for closed course competition use. OHV pink slip. I can live with that. Will update on that shortly.

Currently I have the MSO for the RS, and it shows me as first owner. I have to keep it with me if I transport to DMV for any reason. The cops can impound it if they are having a bad day.

Attachment 380468Attachment 380469
    Out here, In the DMV fine print, one cannot even transport a vehicle on a public highway, (not even on a trailer) that is not registered. You have to get a free one day DMV permit to transport an unregistered vehicle. At times not enforced though.

Excuse the huge pics. I can't figure that out. yet.

stevieboy22 Details, pics on the Colorado one?? I have a spare US OEM wiring harness
    https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...B-plated-RS125

apriliaforum expert grendels_arm's Avatar
    Question. How much are these worth these days? Meaning what should they be bought for? I can't remember what they sold for back in 2009 and not sure if they've held their value or what. Just looking around and I don't like overpaying.
    Sam

USGPRU #98
    1998 Honda RS125
    1998 Aprilia RS250 Cup bike

It depends, in the states it helps if the bike is plated and titled. I reached out to the OP on this bike through PM but no response. I hope he's okay or sold it already. Unless someone wants a brand new 2009, it's great as a show piece. Once it has miles on it the bike is essentially a used bike.

A couple of months ago I picked up one that was parked on a guys bar in his home from the original owner. Only had 162KM's plated and title in Michigan.

apriliaforum newb 2-stroke John's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grendels_arm View Post
    Question. How much are these worth these days? Meaning what should they be bought for? I can't remember what they sold for back in 2009 and not sure if they've held their value or what. Just looking around and I don't like overpaying.
    Values seem to be between $4,000-$6,500 if CA plated. I don't see them going down in value but that's just an opinion.

apriliaforum expert stevieboy22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-stroke John View Post
    Values seem to be between $4,000-$6,500 if CA plated. I don't see them going down in value but that's just an opinion.
    I would say maybe a little bit less but having a title definitely adds to the value. Lots of fun to ride on the road too!

Quote Originally Posted by stevieboy22 View Post
    I would say maybe a little bit less but having a title definitely adds to the value. Lots of fun to ride on the road too!
    CA plated definitely carries a huge premium. I wouldnít be surprised to see $6500-$7500 for a CA plated two stroke 125 given similar 250s go for $11k+. Everywhere else in the USA I see asking prices of $3800-$5500 depending on miles, condition, modifications, whether the bike has the OEM Euro street harness and working lights, and whether itís got a legit title and registration that can transfer to you and be registered for road use.

These are rare bikes and although there might be 3 or 4 for sale in the USA at any given time, theyíre not commodities like modern Japanese sport bikes or other motorcycles with high production numbers. Thus every RS125 sale will be somewhat unique and depend on the buyerís and sellerís circumstances. There arenít many for sale but there also arenít many potential buyers who want them.

I bought my Ď00 RS125 in ďriderĒ condition for $2500. Iíve since spent another $3k on restoration items and Iím no where near done. Iíll probably have spent around $7200 in total by the time Iím done, not including my holding costs like taxes, registration, insurance, and consumables like fuel and oil.

I donít plan on selling this bike ever. But if I did Iíd hope to get $6k or more for it despite the mileage. Itís much rarer than the 08-09 USA competition only bikes and although not a perfect 100pt restoration, the condition is very good.

I know that price probably sounds crazy to guys in the UK. But almost all the bikes in the UK are junk, having been ridden hard and put away wet. Thereís a reason why RS125 project bikes over there only cost £500 and runners cost £1000. Those are bikes with poor quality restorations using salvage and cheap aftermarket parts. There is a tiny market there who appreciates the cream of the crop bikes and those do trade at significantly higher prices. Mostly those are bought and sold by middle aged guys reliving their youth. Younger lads still just view them as cheap, disposable stepping stones on their way to a 600cc bike.

you have a pic of your bike? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
    CA plated definitely carries a huge premium. I wouldn’t be surprised to see $6500-$7500 for a CA plated two stroke 125 given similar 250s go for $11k+. Everywhere else in the USA I see asking prices of $3800-$5500 depending on miles, condition, modifications, whether the bike has the OEM Euro street harness and working lights, and whether it’s got a legit title and registration that can transfer to you and be registered for road use.

These are rare bikes and although there might be 3 or 4 for sale in the USA at any given time, they’re not commodities like modern Japanese sport bikes or other motorcycles with high production numbers. Thus every RS125 sale will be somewhat unique and depend on the buyer’s and seller’s circumstances. There aren’t many for sale but there also aren’t many potential buyers who want them.

I bought my ‘00 RS125 in “rider” condition for $2500. I’ve since spent another $3k on restoration items and I’m no where near done. I’ll probably have spent around $7200 in total by the time I’m done, not including my holding costs like taxes, registration, insurance, and consumables like fuel and oil.

I don’t plan on selling this bike ever. But if I did I’d hope to get $6k or more for it despite the mileage. It’s much rarer than the 08-09 USA competition only bikes and although not a perfect 100pt restoration, the condition is very good.

I know that price probably sounds crazy to guys in the UK. But almost all the bikes in the UK are junk, having been ridden hard and put away wet. There’s a reason why RS125 project bikes over there only cost £500 and runners cost £1000. Those are bikes with poor quality restorations using salvage and cheap aftermarket parts. There is a tiny market there who appreciates the cream of the crop bikes and those do trade at significantly higher prices. Mostly those are bought and sold by middle aged guys reliving their youth. Younger lads still just view them as cheap, disposable stepping stones on their way to a 600cc bike.
    1999 RS 50

Stock engine, stock pipe, giannelli can

Dellorto PHBG 17mm AS carburetor
    atomizer = 262 AU
    main jet = 86
    idle jet = 52
    starter jet = 60
    float = gr .4
    needle = W7
    slide = 40

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12