Thread: Gen 2 Tuono to RSVR Conversion

apriliaforum newb Being_a_Racer's Avatar

Gen 2 Tuono to RSVR Conversion

I've searched around and found a bunch of guys who have gone RSVR to Tuono, but not the other way around. Has anyone attempted this? I was prepping mine for a trackday and thought that slapping some clip-ons and a set of RSV race plastics might be a good move. That got me thinking about a full conversion.

I've looked around and this doesn't seem too common. Anyone have any thoughts or info?
    Gen2 Tuono 1000R
    MIVV Ti Exhaust | Map 2 | Airbox mod | Vortex Clipons | Pazzo Shorties | Racetech Cartridges | hilns Shock | Carbon Bodywork

`01 SV650S Trackbike | '82 Yamaha XV920J Cafe project
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '05 GSX600F | '95 ZX-7 | '01 TL1000R | '10 R1 | '04 ZX-6R | '97 VFR750 | '03 SV1000 | '16 Street Bob | '05 XVS1100

conversion

Having done the RSV to Tuono bar conversion, I can tell you that you would need the inner plastic support for the nose, mid fairing, and belly fairing (unless the track plastics mount securely by themselves), the frame rails to mount the mid fairing to the frame (unless Tuono has them), the side panels that dress up the cockpit interior(optional for a track bike), and mid air duct inserts. Not sure if the Tuono air snorkel is the same as RSV that mounts to the RSV nose fairing air duct. Ditto on the horizontal metal brace for the nose fairing. The lower clip ons "might" require shorter brake/clutch/throttle cables. For the track, just the nose fairing/screen might be all you need for more wind protection(unless the track plastics are one piece).

Quote Originally Posted by Being_a_Racer View Post
    I've searched around and found a bunch of guys who have gone RSVR to Tuono, but not the other way around. Has anyone attempted this? I was prepping mine for a trackday and thought that slapping some clip-ons and a set of RSV race plastics might be a good move. That got me thinking about a full conversion.

I've looked around and this doesn't seem too common. Anyone have any thoughts or info?

I did it some years ago with some rsvr track fairings. Was more of a pain swithing stuff back and forth than I liked so sold it all.

Check out this thread: https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...-rsvr-fairings

Damn Cowboy, nice kit. I agree, the swap over would be a pain. I just went with some Apex risers and a Motion Pro quick throttle with RSV length throttle cables, mostly for riding position. (quick throttle made corner exiting way better than stock) Brake/clutch lines were a bit long but routed okay. Aerodynamics were better, but nothing like full fairings. I liked it better than the bar and left them on the remaining time I owned it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tuono Apex.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	381867
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tuono Right Side.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	381868
    Current:
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 Factory-Tessa

Sold:
    2008 Tuono Factory w/arrow, mapII- Tosca
    2003 RSV-R spec Mille- Skelly
    Well sorted 2001 TL1000R- Widow Maker

apriliaforum newb Being_a_Racer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Damn Cowboy, nice kit. I agree, the swap over would be a pain. I just went with some Apex risers and a Motion Pro quick throttle with RSV length throttle cables, mostly for riding position. (quick throttle made corner exiting way better than stock) Brake/clutch lines were a bit long but routed okay. Aerodynamics were better, but nothing like full fairings. I liked it better than the bar and left them on the remaining time I owned it.

That doesn't look bad at all. Did you have any issues with them hitting the front fairing?
    Gen2 Tuono 1000R
    MIVV Ti Exhaust | Map 2 | Airbox mod | Vortex Clipons | Pazzo Shorties | Racetech Cartridges | hilns Shock | Carbon Bodywork

`01 SV650S Trackbike | '82 Yamaha XV920J Cafe project
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '05 GSX600F | '95 ZX-7 | '01 TL1000R | '10 R1 | '04 ZX-6R | '97 VFR750 | '03 SV1000 | '16 Street Bob | '05 XVS1100