Thread: Cutting out when up to temp

apriliaforum newb

Cutting out when up to temp

Still got probs with bike...lifted tank..all hoses are ok..cant see any issues with wires...when cold it's ok.. but as soon as it starts proper running temp it cuts out...on off throttle...unridable...ffs...aprilia shop said they dont know...I've tried to see if I have fault..I've read a post saying hold hi beam then turnkey on..hold and fault will read...nothing comes up...really need to sort...dont want aprilia shop to butt rape me lol

apriliaforum newb
    Checked vacuum pipes...all main pipes...its only as it gets hot...around 100...I'd like to check for faults..only mode is blue flame exhausts...that shouldn't be the issue...serous head banging time..it ticks over as norm even when hot...just splatters...on iff throttle...basically wants to throw u off...then stops...but will start immediately..but then cough and die on throttle...

apriliaforum newb
    Just found way of checking for faults...both come up with no faults...

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I think you need to look at the fuel system, tons of information here on it.

Some years ago this was happening with RSVR's. Turned out to be coil failure.
    This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU - remember Sandra Bland

Try a search on "failing fuel pump harness", your symptoms sound close.

apriliaforum newb
    Is there away of checking if the stator is broke...my battery is charging ok..I thank you all for trying to help me

On the Englandshire side of the Welsh Border
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayleyboy View Post
    Is there away of checking if the stator is broke...my battery is charging ok..I thank you all for trying to help me
    What year is your bike?
    Earlier models more likely to suffer stator failure.
    Do a quick forum search and you will find loads on this.

Whereabouts are you?
    An intro would have been good, not only good manners before coming in with questions, you'd have likely hooked a lot more interest.
    Welcome.

apriliaforum newb
    I'm from Sussex.. and I'm on the forum to get help to fix my bike...I'm not being rude or bad mannered...I've search forum..if you cant help then that's cool..want bike fixed...not socialize...2006...I've read up on loads..checked 90 % of things said..over the weekend I'll check this stator thing...as I said...thank you for everyone's help.

There's stickies on checking the stator that explain the process in detail, but you essentially have to disconnect or cut the 3 yellow wires going to the rectifier and then using an Ohm meter, connect the leads to each pair of individual wires and you should see at least 70 V at @4K rpm. If the plastic connector is melted, you'll know there's a problem. As others mentioned, check the electrical connection of the fuel pump. From there you might remove the fuel pump to inspect the filters and ribbed internal line. Again, it's a process of elimination until you find the cause of the heat related stalling. When was the radiator fluid last flushed/changed and are the fans kicking in when it reaches full temp?
    Last edited by TeddyG; 05-09-2019 at 09:23 AM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Curious if you have found out what is wrong with your bike yet?

apriliaforum prov-nov Lake Abilene's Avatar
    Did the stator check out? I'm guessing it's not getting fuel. Can you hear the fuel pump running when you turn on the key? Specifically when the bike is refusing to run? Can you smell gas when you try to restart it and it won't run? Probably need to replace the fuel filter and clean the tea bag fuel filter inside the gas tank, and inspect the hoses inside the gas tank, just because it's likely not been done recently. The wiring harness that mounts on the fuel tank will eventually fail on all the 2006 models, and the fuel pump will stop running just like you are describing.