Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 BSB season

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    Some great races in tricky conditions on a tricky track. Reddings ride from 15th on the grid to 2nd on a damp off line track was exceptional, especially when he's learning the track.
    Impressed that you get to see it so quickly Dave!

Was going to make the trip up to Knockhill for the weekend - but looking at the weather glad we didn't!

Went to a trackday at Cadwell instead, be interesting to see what Scott makes of that!

Considering where he's come from can't help but be impressed by his attitude and genuine thirst for new experiences/knowledge.......there's been many ex GP or WSBK riders come to BSB over the years and a fair few of them have been freaked out by the tracks and the intensity of the competition and never really done anything.

Xavi Fores seems to be really enjoying it to, even tho' he's disadvantaged by the bike he is on he seems well up for the challenge.

No denying our tracks are dangerous tho', Tyco BMW left Knockhill with their 2 riders having 3 broken legs between them.

Redding is supposed to be wildcarding at the Donington WSBK round this coming weekend but stipulation is only if he gets a WSBK spec bike...he's not interested in running his BSB spec bike as it wouldn't be competitive. Speculation is that he may get the factory bike that Pirro rode at Misano.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Redding is supposed to be wildcarding at the Donington WSBK round this coming weekend but stipulation is only if he gets a WSBK spec bike...he's not interested in running his BSB spec bike as it wouldn't be competitive. Speculation is that he may get the factory bike that Pirro rode at Misano.
    It's nice to see Redding happy and in winning ways. I always felt sorry for him in MotoGP.

Cheers

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Impressed that you get to see it so quickly Dave!

Was going to make the trip up to Knockhill for the weekend - but looking at the weather glad we didn't!

Went to a trackday at Cadwell instead, be interesting to see what Scott makes of that!

Considering where he's come from can't help but be impressed by his attitude and genuine thirst for new experiences/knowledge.......there's been many ex GP or WSBK riders come to BSB over the years and a fair few of them have been freaked out by the tracks and the intensity of the competition and never really done anything.

Xavi Fores seems to be really enjoying it to, even tho' he's disadvantaged by the bike he is on he seems well up for the challenge.

No denying our tracks are dangerous tho', Tyco BMW left Knockhill with their 2 riders having 3 broken legs between them.

We get the BSB series broadcast live PP, i just record it as it starts around midnight here. Apparently theres a kiwi racing in the 600s i think, but not sure of his name.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    We get the BSB series broadcast live PP, i just record it as it starts around midnight here. Apparently theres a kiwi racing in the 600s i think, but not sure of his name.
    You do well getting live coverage, timing is a bit tricky tho'!

Your man may be Shane Richardson, he's from Wellington and running in the SSTK 600 class.

Another kid that's making a mark is Brandon Paasch, an American from NJ......he's pretty much dominating the Moto3 class so far......anybody from the US know anything about him?

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    You do well getting live coverage, timing is a bit tricky tho'!

Your man may be Shane Richardson, he's from Wellington and running in the SSTK 600 class.

Another kid that's making a mark is Brandon Paasch, an American from NJ......he's pretty much dominating the Moto3 class so far......anybody from the US know anything about him?
    Thanks PP, ill keep my eye out for him.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

on a side note,i find somehow funny to see how harrisson and hickman are doin in BSB. while they're the new gods at the IOM TT,they're not doin that great in short circuit action.not that it's really surprizing,but i was hoping for more from those 2 in BSB for 2019.

so,from there,can we say that,if you can't make a name for yourself in short circuit racing ,roadracing is a last resort option ? bizzare because roadracing is far from paying as much as short circuit racing .

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    so,from there,can we say that,if you can't make a name for yourself in short circuit racing ,roadracing is a last resort option ? bizzare because roadracing is far from paying as much as short circuit racing .
    It's two completely different disciplines.
    There are very few racers that are top dogs at both, especially nowadays that the top riders no longer ride on the roads.
    In the past all the top riders rode at the TT, now they don't. I think the last short circuit world champion that was equally as fast on the roads was Foggy.
    From my experience riders have a ceiling of how fast they can go and some are able to reach that ceiling on the road circuits. Even though that ceiling is high, it's not high enough to win on the short circuits.
    Take Joey Dunlop for example, he raced for Honda Britain on both the short circuits and the road circuits in the 80's, he wasn't that fast on the short circuits even though he had the best equipment but there was no doubting his speed on the roads.
    seesecurity.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    There are very few racers that are top dogs at both, especially nowadays that the top riders no longer ride on the roads.
    In the past all the top riders rode at the TT, now they don't. I think the last short circuit world champion that was equally as fast on the roads was Foggy.
    From my experience riders have a ceiling of how fast they can go and some are able to reach that ceiling on the road circuits. Even though that ceiling is high, it's not high enough to win on the short circuits.
    Take Joey Dunlop for example, he raced for Honda Britain on both the short circuits and the road circuits in the 80's, he wasn't that fast on the short circuits even though he had the best equipment but there was no doubting his speed on the roads.
    ^^ 100% agree with that.
    Yeah, great rides by Redding, showed some class on a new track to him.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    It seems to me that road racing requires more bravery than anything else.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    It seems to me that road racing requires more bravery than anything else.

Cheers
    No, not really, it's just a different skill set, bit like the difference between motocross and enduro.
    The lines are different, machine set up is a world apart, conditions are constantly changing, as are grip levels etc, etc.
    Circuit knowledge is a huge differentiator too.
    seesecurity.com.au

Used to be sunny Durham, now dull and rainy Midlands, England
    May not be correct, but I've heard that Redding and Brookes have been stopped from taking the wildcard rides for Donnington, by their team - insisting they don't risk their BSB Title chances with a wildcard ride.
    Cheers,

"I am a selfish, self-righteous tosser", a "fucking loser" and now an "absolute fucking idiot"

Me - '03 RSV Mille, '89 FJ 1200 x 2, & '75 TL 125 & Schweizer S300 CBi Helicopter
    Wife - '01 FZ1 (Fazer 1000), '86 VF 750 Interceptor and '07 CRF 230F
    Kids - '03 Fazer 600, GY 125 and CRF 100 off roaders, '10 Reiju RS2 50 Matrix Pro

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by millietant View Post
    May not be correct, but I've heard that Redding and Brookes have been stopped from taking the wildcard rides for Donnington, by their team - insisting they don't risk their BSB Title chances with a wildcard ride.
    Sad if its true. I remember Shakey taking a double as a wildcard at Brands 2003 when he rode for Birdy.

Think they were hanging out for a pucker factory bike if it was going to happen but looks like it's not come off.....pity, it would have been intriguing to see Scott up against Bautista on equal machinery at a track he has had recent success on - that would have gone some way to cancelling out his lack of time on the bike.

wheeew.luke mossey crashed hard at cadwell park and got a hairline fracture of its leg.

Damn, that's a crash!
    WMRRA #98
    2013 KTM 990 SMT (street)
    2009 Yamaha R6 (race)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast