Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 BSB season

Quote Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
    If we´re talking about barging, anybody remember Giancarlo Falappa?
    yes I do.
    Barging/block passing is acceptable; if you give the other rider a reasonable expectation of tagging back in behind you, beyond that it is considered running someone off the track IMO.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

Quote Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
    If we´re talking about barging, anybody remember Giancarlo Falappa?
    Yep, Ducati legend. Can’t remember the track in the states, but it had a bridge across it and he used to wheelstand going under it and scrape his helmet along it.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    looks like''emulation'' to me.i can't recall seeing such lack of considerations in overtakes in bsb. bsb is always thrilling,but i personnally think what happened this week end is insane .

fairing bashing and '''too tight for a pass'''' were the norm.such racing ethics (or lack of) is drama waiting to happen.
    BSB has always had its share of rough racing.....remember the Chris Walker/Neil Hodgson conflict seasons? And Taz MacKenzie's old man wasn"t shy about barging other riders out of the way either......Plenty of other examples if you look back. Now, up to a point, that may be OK on the safer tracks like Silverstone but a no-no at a lot of the more dangerous tracks - personally I've not seen many examples of over-aggressive riding on those type of tracks, the riders tend to naturally temper their approach when the Armco & scenery is closer!

And then there's Stuart Higgs in charge of race direction - a no nonsense guy who makes decisions on penalties etc without pontificating - for the offending rider(s) a call up to race control is like a call to the headmasters office for a bollocking.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by ape66 View Post
    Yep, Ducati legend. Can’t remember the track in the states, but it had a bridge across it and he used to wheelstand going under it and scrape his helmet along it.
    I remember him doing that at Mosport. The other possible track would be Brainard in Minnesota.
    That was before stand up wheelies were common. He was ahead of his time....

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by GuzziMoto View Post
    I remember him doing that at Mosport. The other possible track would be Brainard in Minnesota.
    Yep, BIR’s Donnybrooke layout coming out of T9. That bridge is CRAZY low considering liters easily lift the front coming out of there. I couldn’t imagine intentionally wheelie’ing under there, lol.

Falappa still travels everywhere with the Ducati WSBK squad and if you say 'hi' he's always friendly and up for a chat.......he's not in the best of nick due to the head injury that finished his career but Ducati seem to cherish and take care of him.

He's also honorary president of the UK Ducati Owners Club.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Some on-board of Redding getting punted
    https://www.instagram.com/reddingpow...d=32glw8p0ci2m

Quote Originally Posted by GuzziMoto View Post

back in the days at the mosport wsb round, i remember some among us had '''words''' with him : during practice,he was pulling his leathers off its crotch (rossi style) in the middle of corner 2,which is a 100+mph left off camber corner. the problem was he was proceeding standing up on the pegs still cranked over lol. some local riders weren't exactly in love with the guy's flamboyant and cocky on-track behavior ....curiously,once off track he was super funny to talk with,always joking and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by streebs93 View Post
    How are you guys watching BSB? Any streams available for USA?
    So, I usually wait a week or so get to searching on YouTube. Keyword searches I use:

2019 British Superbikes
    2019 British Superbikes Round 1 (or 2, 3,...)
    2019 British Superbikes Round 1 Race 1

If you go this route, keep your search kung fu sharp and practice patience. Side effects include finding other motorcycle centric videos including the Phillip Island International Classic and something called Red Bull Straight Rhythm.

Call it lazy, cheap, or stupid as you wish.

Still, these boys race on dangerous tracks by modern FIM standards are they pull no punches when overtaking. Greatly entertaining and honestly, I prefer it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Jason

Interesting stand in rider at Donington this weekend - Hector Barbera to replace injured Ben Currie in the JG Speedfit team on the factory supported Zx10RR.

He knows the track, had his first GP win there in 125's (although the BSB round is on the shorter National circuit) wonder how he'll get on without the electronics?

The ex GP/WSBK riders had a good weekend on a track they were familiar with - Scott Redding won all 3 races the hard way and now leads the championship, Xavi Fores put the unfancied Honda on the podium, Hector Barbera in particular was a stand out, he had an ever improving weekend which ended up with him being on pole position for the 3rd race, pity he crashed out while fighting for a top 5. Impressive when he'd not seen the bike till Friday, no experience of a superbike without electronics, new to championship, team etc. He seemed very happy with the whole experience.
    Good weekends racing despite the weather trying its best to ruin it.

Some big crashes tho' - old fashioned high sides that wouldn't be happening with electronics intervening - but the riders seem, as you'd expect, love having ALL the power in their right hand.

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Some great close races Pierre, didn't take long for Redding to get the best out of the Duc, familiar track for him tho. Rest of the season is going to be awesome on the differing tracks.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Some big crashes tho' - old fashioned high sides that wouldn't be happening with electronics intervening - but the riders seem, as you'd expect, love having ALL the power in their right hand.
    Keith Farmer in race 3, shit the bed that was a vicious highside.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    Some great close races Pierre, didn't take long for Redding to get the best out of the Duc, familiar track for him tho. Rest of the season is going to be awesome on the differing tracks.
    Where are you watching this Dave?
    we only got the last part of Race 3 here on our selective Eurosport channel, which was scheduled as Race 2. Can't see any other races in the program.
    Foxtel need to bring us Eurosport 1 & 2, not just 1.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    Where are you watching this Dave?
    we only got the last part of Race 3 here on our selective Eurosport channel, which was scheduled as Race 2. Can't see any other races in the program.
    Foxtel need to bring us Eurosport 1 & 2, not just 1.
    It broadcast live here on our SKY Sports channels. (here=NZ)
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast