Thread: Help with proper throttle cable routing

apriliaforum Junkie

Help with proper throttle cable routing

Hi all,

I made a rookie mistake and didn't note throttle cable routing before removing. I'm not 100% certain they were right to begin with - but probably....

Anyway, anyone have a pic of the proper cable routing - or would be willing to take / post? Searched forum for about 30 mins and found a few posts related to throttle cable stuff, but nothing on the routing. I'll also look in the manual - but I suspect it's not there... It could surprise me though.

TIA

Gary

apriliaforum Junkie
    Checked manual. Lots of pics but none helpful for this.

My main question is the routing of cables in/around the fork tubes and steering head, particularly the use of the wiring hoops on both sides of the head: cables route through right side, left side, both, neither?

these will help a little. I'l have to look and see if i have picts underneath the tank
    rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1877.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	378847  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1876.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	378846  

apriliaforum Junkie
    Your bike is showroom condition! Man - I need to stop leaving mine outside...

Pics are GREAT! I can't tell though the routing on the left hand side. Pretty sure there is a metal loom on the left similar to the one on the right, but can't tell from your pics. If there is a loom on the left, do the cables run through it?

Routing after that is easy and self explanatory. There is a "slot" in the tank where it sits on the frame. This leaves a space for the cables to run through. After that straight to the throttle body.

Well, I don't know about showroom condition, but it does live out of the weather and that helps.

Nope, there's just the one clip to the right of the ignition. The cables just bend behind the fork tubes and then go in to that tunnel formed between the tank and frame.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Well... compared to mine..... Based on your pics and other posts, I can tell you take great care of her and it shows. I take care of the mechanical stuff, but the sun has done it's work on mine. Had to source a replacement seat last year - the old one was so brittle it just cracked and cracked... Many of my panels are faded, tank... Sucks. I'm pretty annoyed with myself, especially when I see how nice it could look if I only...

Anyway, this will definitely help - thanks! I think I would've assumed the same thing, as based on trial and error and wear patterns on the cables, it seemed like the only right route to use. But, it's not much fun to have to reroute these so wanted to be as sure as possible before I start putting things back together.

Thanks again!

Gary

Well, if ya wanna talk about near showroom perfect, there's my 11 year old Subie Outback that just turned 11k miles. Yep, that's not a typo. heh, heh.