Thread: User code

apriliaforum newb

User code

Hi guys,

I bought Aprilia Mana 850, but unfortunatelly with onyl one key and unknown user code. Is very simple to make a copy of key, that´s no problem. HAve you any idea how to restore code if I only one key exists? I can contact previous owner in Italy, but it is not so promissing.

thank you
    Dušan

Unless you have two keys or the user code you're stuck. Try to get one or the other from the previous owner.
    Professional Goat Burster.

apriliaforum newb
    that´s a problem, I don´t believe in it.
    I have read, the code is stored in EEPROM in dashboard. Is possible to download its content by diagnostic tool? Sure, is possible to disassembly dashboard, unsolder EEPROM, connect and read memory positions. It is possible, but so demanding. If is possible to download its content by some diagtool, it is solution.
    Or put 100 codes daily for 1000 days, with badluck.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi Dušan

Quote Originally Posted by nedory View Post
    I have read, the code is stored in EEPROM in dashboard. Is possible to download its content by diagnostic tool? Sure, is possible to disassembly dashboard, unsolder EEPROM, connect and read memory positions. It is possible, but so demanding. If is possible to download its content by some diagtool, it is solution.
    the user code is indeed stored in the dash EEPROM. But while it can be read and written without desoldering, it still needs a complete disassembly of the dashboard to access the EEPROM. Which is very difficult to do without damaging the plastic parts.

Or put 100 codes daily for 1000 days, with badluck.
    At least in my part of the world a common practice is that dealers set the user code, using the last 5 numbers of the VIN. Try this and other obvious combinations (0,0,0,0,0 or 0,1,2,3,4). Good luck.

Cheers
    Meinolf

apriliaforum newb
    Hi guys,

first of all, thank you to Meinolf for advices. Is simple to open dash and remove PCB, and connect EEPROM to Arduino, but I failed (only first 16 bytes were read, nothink more). I stopped this tryout because of my fear. New dash is expensive.
    I will wait (if ever) for some way how to read EEPROM by dash connector or by some diagnostic.

nedory

Have you tried to get a second key from Aprilia? If you have the VIN and proof of ownership they should be able to supply one.
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

apriliaforum newb
    not yet. Can Aprilia code second one without user code? If yes, that´s a way, then I can change code. I will ask, 20th of May I am going for tyres and belt replacement.

not yet. Can Aprilia code second one without user code? If yes, that´s a way, then I can change code. I will ask, 20th of May I am going for tyres and belt replacement.
    The original keys come with a tag attached to the ring with a key number. If you have it you can quote the number and Aprilia should be able to supply a new key that fits the bike. If you don't have the number, you just need the VIN number from the bike frame and again Aprilia should be able to link that to a key number and supply a key. No doubt you will need some sort of proof of ownership to do this.

If you can't get a new key you can take the existing one to a good locksmith to have a duplicate cut. They will also copy the chip and flash a new one to put in the duplicate key. This isn't as good as getting a new key, because you still can't change the PIN code stored in the bike as it will just look like you inserted the same key in the lock.
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

apriliaforum newb
    thank you, guys. Owner proof is easy, I have a contract with seller and all official documents have set by Czech government.

apriliaforum newb
    I asked, it is impossible: if you have no user code, they can order key, but they can not pair it with your bike. Point. 2 services told me the same.

apriliaforum expert
    You could get a dash with two keys and / or a known user code, then program it to accept your existing ignition key plus a new (unique) spare or two if desired.
    2009 Shiver (White) | UK

apriliaforum newb
    yes, but no one is available. And price for new is horrible. The cheapiest new is 430 pounds.
    I have new key, cloned, but it doesn´t work 100%, one of ten tryouts fails.