Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: compatible pistons

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sublunacy View Post
    Ok so we concluded the bearing fits the piston perfectly with enough clearance for jug installation.
    But anyway I will entertain the idea there is an issue, so proceed with investigation if you want too. The rod is narrow? More narrow than the rollers in a normal path?
    no the rod is ok. and we have concluded that the bearing is ok, so no problem, just wanted to be clear is all

apriliaforum Member
    Ok it is just with the 50cc and 70cc jugs it would not surprise me to find something rather unusual. Bushing instead of bearings are still pretty popular with tuners mostly due to the rollers needing a cage. Also bushings are pressed in so it is fixed to the rod snuggly
    i wonder how are bushings compared to bearings longevity wise,

apriliaforum expert
    Pretty good but not great as a bearing can be. Pretty light thou too, so there is that.
    --- diploma for engine repair in 2012
    --- custom parts and machining
    —-2T&4T cylinder&engine prep,port,polish,balancing--------------------------

-derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...t-Tuning-Guide << Link

apriliaforum Member
    Pretty good but not great as a bearing can be. Pretty light thou too, so there is that.
    yep. thx for clearing everything up, im still waiting on oil seals as usps of course delayed it a week

apriliaforum expert
    Yes I think you are ok. It takes a few hours to jog my memory, seems to me I had it wrong previously when I was explaining how the fit typically looks when pushing either the rod or bearing to one side. I have seen some really bad engines and some better ones that will remind you of whatever it is I am forgetting. Foggy memory is all I have to start with since I am just helping... yes it looks concerning at first even in the best of situations.

apriliaforum Member
    still waiting on oil seals................

apriliaforum expert
    Time to work work yeah

Can you post a few pictures of the parts you have concerning the engine, like the cylinder and cases and such.

apriliaforum Member
    Time to work work yeah

Can you post a few pictures of the parts you have concerning the engine, like the cylinder and cases and such.
    Ok I'll do that. I cannot do it now though, because because i moved to a new place and all my stuff is hidden away so as soon as possible I'll take pics

apriliaforum Member
    Time to work work yeah

Ok here's the requested pics, of case, reed, head, cyl, bearings,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190602_170652.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	381975
    The case is anodized red just to look nice.

apriliaforum expert
    It does it looks great! Do you have everything you need? Gaskets and bolts and such? Does everything fit well? Do you have a flywheel for it? How much does it weigh? It goes on a goped? So no fan and shroud or? Have you considered some kind of stand off air shroud that pushes more air in towards the engine? Anything? Just curious I know you are going to use a temperature gauge but I do not know, I would look into it a bit. Super awesome sauce with a side of methanol. What platform are you working off, a razor e300 or something?

apriliaforum Member
    It does it looks great! Do you have everything you need? Gaskets and bolts and such? Does everything fit well? Do you have a flywheel for it? How much does it weigh? It goes on a goped? So no fan and shroud or? Have you considered some kind of stand off air shroud that pushes more air in towards the engine? Anything? Just curious I know you are going to use a temperature gauge but I do not know, I would look into it a bit. Super awesome sauce with a side of methanol. What platform are you working off, a razor e300 or something?
    It is based off a goped engine so I that's definitely a possibility. I don't have everything quite yet, I need some assembly stuff like latex gloves, small stuff, spark plugs, I do need crankcase bolts, and oil seals. It fits together as it should which is good. I do have a flywheel for it, it's quite small, doesn't have air fins on it, and you are correct, there is no shroud for it, so it can get as much air flow as possible because if it is Gunna be a goped engine, the engine is out in the open. So if over heating does become a problem, I'm thinking of making maybe a shroud with a little electric brushless fan for more blowing power (?), Does that sound like a good idea or no? I'll get into the design of it if it becomes a problem.

apriliaforum expert
    The pictures you sent today look great, there is little to do. Well assuming that goes well perhaps a shroud air vane pickup unit will put some style on it. Case bolts are no problem, but back to the air shroud I suggest you find some scrap aluminum or something. Thin steel maybe and see what you come up with or ask for help.

The cases look look pretty large volume so I assume it was piston port engine previously?

apriliaforum Member
    The pictures you sent today look great, there is little to do. Well assuming that goes well perhaps a shroud air vane pickup unit will put some style on it. Case bolts are no problem, but back to the air shroud I suggest you find some scrap aluminum or something. Thin steel maybe and see what you come up with or ask for help.

The cases look look pretty large volume so I assume it was piston port engine previously?
    No its a reed engine, the crank required has a 39.6 stroke so maybe that has something to do with it. On the shroud, I'll use thin alu so it doesn't rust, maybe later down the road get a custom carbon fiber one, that would be sick.

apriliaforum expert
    Ok I see no reason to need reed spacers as it sits now. As a guess.

So it is a single speed engine yes. You need a clutch pack, carb, exhaust? And a long powerband yes?

> can you post a pic of the cylinder exhaust port shape on the inside of the jug? And measure it also, from the top deck, down to the top of the cylinder exhaust outlet ^

normally between 20-30mm... so we can get an idea of what we are dealing with.^^^
    Last edited by sublunacy; 06-04-2019 at 07:26 PM.

apriliaforum Member
    Ok I see no reason to need reed spacers as it sits now. As a guess.

So it is a single speed engine yes. You need a clutch pack, carb, exhaust? And a long powerband yes?

> can you post a pic of the cylinder exhaust port shape on the inside of the jug? And measure it also, from the top deck, down to the top of the cylinder exhaust outlet ^

normally between 20-30mm... so we can get an idea of what we are dealing with.^^^
    So it's a single speed engine, I don't know about the clutch pack, the crankcase looks to be a goped style case, so I'd assume that they would use a goped clutch, still need to figure out what carb to use, exhuast, once I give you the exhuast port to deck measurements wk you be able to tell me roughly what exhuast to try? I don't really know what, the only thing I know is that scoottuning suggests a Athena Evolution, Yasuni Carrera16, Stage6 R1200 or Polini for race 4, but I don't really know which one (if any), so before I blow alot of cash on a exhuast, id like to know what you think would be best. Here's the exhuast port pic and the top of the exhuast port to the top deck of the cylinder is 22mm.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast