Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: compatible pistons

apriliaforum Member

compatible pistons

are the aftermarket 70cc peugeot zenith pistons compatible with zip 50/scarabeo 50 aftermarket 70cc cylinder kits? dont ask why becuase its a total shit show. also are minarelli aftermarket 70cc pistons compatible?? the aftermarket 70cc zenith and minarelli pistons and piaggio pistons look all the same.

apriliaforum Member
    Ok my bore is 47.6, my original piston was 47.54 and apprently it's a weird size since I can't find much. I'll try to find the measurements of the pin to the top of the piston.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sublunacy View Post
    That sounds pretty standard size....that dimension is not at all hard to find. So maybe you will have some luck. Some of us have piston laying around we can measure for you too.
    the pistons itself is 47.54MM not the ring. I cant really find a 47.54 piston single ring, flat top (no dome), with a 10mm pin.

apriliaforum Member
    i dont know but thats just what came with the kit, it was a race cylinder kit and ive observed that most "race" cyl kits like the MHR racing 70cc only has 1 ring and a flat dome for sum reason. mine is the same. so i want the same type of piston just with a 10mm pin and the only one i find is one for a Peugeot zenith.

apriliaforum Member
    ive got a propper crank for it, im not running the wrong stroke. i think were getting off topic.

apriliaforum Member
    sooooooooooooooooo if its the same length and distance from the pin to the top of the piston, will it work?

apriliaforum Member
    its doesnt really have purpose, just to be crazy powerful, the cylinder kit is rated at 14:1 compression BTW. its that custom project i told u about a while ago.... SO what do u think i should do? ask scootertuning.ca (the peeps i bought it from) to see if they have a 47.54 piaggio piston with a 10mm pin and exchange mine again?????? oh also, stage6 USED to make the exact piston i need for the racing mkI buuutttttt its discontinued, the part number is
    S6-ET166KO/R.A

apriliaforum Member
    14:1 on a 2stroke means nothing. The port timing you are interested in makes more like 8:1 so there’s that.
    ok. but u still didnt answer my other question.....................

apriliaforum Member
    ????????????????? dude, you literally didnt answer my previous question " what do u think i should do? ask scootertuning.ca (the peeps i bought it from) to see if they have a 47.54 piaggio piston with a 10mm pin and exchange mine again?????? oh also, stage6 USED to make the exact piston i need for the racing mkI buuutttttt its discontinued, the part number is
    S6-ET166KO/R.A'"

apriliaforum Member
    wellllllll exchange as in send the old 1 back and they send a new one isnt it????? im a bit confused as to what ur asking if anything lol. my original question was will a minarelli or peugeot zenith piston fit, your reply was "Maybe they do fit fit well I do not know. Perhaps not." then shit hit the fan and got confusing

apriliaforum Member
    WTF ? some sort of drama mystery novel. You are really getting beyond my level of discussion and patience level dude.
    OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK FFS. lets restart. holy shit. no ideaa why ur confused or why the hell its gotten to this point.

apriliaforum Member
    OK lets retart. i know from scootertuning ca that a minarelli piston will fit the piaggio cylinders. But will the peugeot zenith or the kymco/zuma piston fit if the length and spacing from the pin to the top of the piston are correct? im not running stock crank or stock cylinder. im running the athena hpr cylinder kit and a 39.6 stroke crank so im fine there.

apriliaforum Member
    Lol. I thought the flat tops increased compression. But besides the point.

apriliaforum Member
    I didn't buy it because it had a flat top, just came with the whole package. Question, can I run a dome piston on a jug that's for a flat top ?? Or is it the head the problem not the jug?

apriliaforum Member
    Oh believe me, your getting pissed off??? Ha! Believe me, I'm really fucking pissed.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast