Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Affordable Exhausts/Slip-Ons

Quote Originally Posted by 16apehanger View Post
    So are you saying that if you remove the cat on a bike you lose power? I'm no engineer, and I admittedly don't know a ton about exhaust systems and how they integrate with an engine, but isn't backpressure helping with power not a thing? Isn't it more pipe length/width/etc and how that relates to scavenging?
    Free flowing exhausts will result into more top end power and some loss in low midrange torque due to loss of backpressure. You can definitely feel it. A custom tune might mitigate some of it.
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 Factory
    RACE ECU|Adjustable levers|Puig Racing Footpegs|AF1 Red RSV4 Bellpan|GBR/Graves/Woodcraft /frame/axle Sliders/Case Savers,Spools|Evotech FE|Rhinomoto Barend Mirrors|EBC HH Pads|EVAP delete|LED Lights|Slipscreens headlight protectors|R&G CF Tank/Tail sliders|Radiator Guards|Powerbronze Airflow Screen|Reflective rim stripes|Stompgrips|Koso Heated Grips
    2014 S1000R Premium
    Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike Belly Pan|Bestem CF Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|Barend Mirrors|360°+R&G LED signals|Reflective rim stripes|R&G+Puig Protection|H&B panniers|Fully adjustable levers

2017 Tiger Explorer XCa
    Expedition Cases|ADV protectors|Adjustable levers

Past 06 FZ6, 07 FZ1, 06 Daytona, 12 S1000RR

apriliaforum expert coolonthecoast's Avatar
    Going back to the thread title, what is the consensus here about what is affordable and what isn't? The Akra,I think its fair to say,is the most common aftermarket can you will see on a V4 Tuono. They are endorsed by Aprilia and more or less come as an option from new, but as the OP said, they aren't cheap. OK, cheap might indicate lesser quality to some, but is that really the case with stuff like the Arrow and the GPR etc.? The thing is if you have say an Akra on your bike now, the chances are you aren't going to swap it out unless it gives you (the bike) issues or you are unhappy with the sound and thats unlikely, so if you have a bike with the stock can and you want to change it on a limited budget , what do you buy? Perhaps we should run a poll?
    40 odd powered two wheelers over 40 odd years. Currently in the garage are a 2016 Tuono V4 1100RR and a '79 Honda CB550F

Exhausts just like helmets, adjustable levers cheap doesn’t imply lesser quality as long as it’s not dirt cheap. A $250/300 helmet is as protective as the $1000 stupid expensive Arais. Akra, SC project, AR racing expensive prices reflect their motogp success gone into their heads. Arrow right now looks best bang for buck. GPR looks a bit cheap more so than dominator as well.
    RACE ECU|Adjustable levers|Puig Racing Footpegs|AF1 Red RSV4 Bellpan|GBR/Graves/Woodcraft /frame/axle Sliders/Case Savers,Spools|Evotech FE|Rhinomoto Barend Mirrors|EBC HH Pads|EVAP delete|LED Lights|Slipscreens headlight protectors|R&G CF Tank/Tail sliders|Radiator Guards|Powerbronze Airflow Screen|Reflective rim stripes|Stompgrips|Koso Heated Grips
    2014 S1000R Premium
    Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike Belly Pan|Bestem CF Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|Barend Mirrors|360°+R&G LED signals|Reflective rim stripes|R&G+Puig Protection|H&B panniers|Fully adjustable levers

2017 Tiger Explorer XCa

Check out Design Corse, they make these great looking high quality hydro formed exhausts for Tuono's and RSV's, a little over $500 US without shipping, do require a re flash of the OEM ECU or a race ECU.https://www.designcorse.com

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
    Where did you buy it for $300?
    They're usually around $400. I just bought it from another guy so it's $300

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by LesRiskey View Post
    A friend of mine fabricates Ti and carbon fiber parts for Yoshimura.

He says he can get me one for (he thinks) around $350. The list price is $800 and change.

I like the look of the can, and I know it's quality stuff, but that goddamned giant-ass logo riveted to it is a complete buzzkill.

Last time I spoke to him, he said he might be able to get me one with the logo etched into the Ti with no color, instead of that ugly-ass plate.

If he can do that, I'll probably go for it.

Did you take up this friend on his offer?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I have Sc project oval slip-on with removable db-killer on my Tuono factory 2016. Bought it straight from their website. It was 499€ shipped within EU so not bad at all
    Aprilia Tuono Factory 2016

*****Past*****
    Honda CBR1000RR 2010
    Kawasaki ZX-10R 2006
    Suzuki SV650S 2003

SC project shorty too loud and you lose mid-range power
    2014 S1000R Premium

2017 Tiger Explorer XCa

^Oval isn't a shorty. Mid-size I would say.

apriliaforum newb nathanholritz's Avatar
    Looks great! Did you have the ECU flashed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by KillSwitch46 View Post
    I went with Graves on my 17 Tuono RR. It was right around $600 and it’s Titanium. I chose it because of the value and also it has a nice length too, and not crazy loud like all the Austin racing and sc soup can exhausts.

Attachment 378386

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
    Exhausts just like helmets, adjustable levers cheap doesn’t imply lesser quality as long as it’s not dirt cheap. A $250/300 helmet is as protective as the $1000 stupid expensive Arais. Akra, SC project, AR racing expensive prices reflect their motogp success gone into their heads. Arrow right now looks best bang for buck. GPR looks a bit cheap more so than dominator as well.
    Yup. I tell my friends that the super expensive helmets might hold up better over time, have nicer materials, better fit, etc... But for the most part, bouncing your head down the road tends to be largely the same with a $300 helmet as it does with a $900 helmet...

I did manage to score a brand new Shoei X-14 helmet for $300 last week. Local Triumph/BMW had one left and was trying to get rid of it so I scored it for the price of an Icon helmet... :-)

Ok I have narrowed down to the Arrow Racetech in black or aluminum. Which one looks better?

2014 S1000R Premium

2017 Tiger Explorer XCa

Ali' for sure!!
    Gen 1 Tuono
    Tuono V4

I haven't even changed any of my settings since I purchased it...still run in sport mode..And everything else on 3...it feels perfect for me...everytime I start fucking with something....it never stops...

Quote Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
    Ali' for sure!!
    Whats that?
    2014 S1000R Premium

2017 Tiger Explorer XCa

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast