Thread: Pegaso screen options.

apriliaforum prov-nov

Pegaso screen options.

I saw another thread about it but there were zero updates.

Since I am rather tall (6ft4ish)... I find on a lot of bikes with smallish fairings I get heaps of wind noise on my helmet. The same for my new pegaso... At anything over 100kph it's quite horrendous.

On the TDM I had a few years ago I 3D printed an extra short screen, which helped.

What are people doing on the pegaso?

Oh and... Can you remove the windscreen without removing the fairing? Or will you loose nuts from the front two bolts?

apriliaforum Junkie
    I believe all of the models used rubber 'well-nuts'. If the screws aren't seized into the brass nut, just remove all the screws and lift off the screen. If they are seized it'll be a battle, best attacked from the rear of the panel.

If you want a short screen, buy a used one and cut it down. Or you could try one of the many clip-on deflector wings on the top of your existing screen. They work reasonably well.

Cheers... Paul

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yeah that's what I've done... found a cheap second hand screen and will see if I'll cut it, or make something new from scratch.

In my experience those little deflectors and higher screens just don't make enough of a difference... But all this does make me wonder how "regular size" people are getting on.. because for me to duck under the noisy wind I pretty much have to put my head on the tank haha... so I would figure everyone would experience this.

Maybe I'm just sensitive to noise.

apriliaforum Junkie
    No idea. I'm shorter than what's considered average height these days, and most of that's legs, so 'sitting height' for me is really low. The standard screen on the Pegaso is fine for me, with none of the turbulence issues I typically get with taller screens on other bikes. I wear earplugs all the time...

Cheers... Paul

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I got my crappy second hand screen with complementary crack... So I cut it down and because the surface was rather ugly I wrapped it. I had some wrapping vinyl which I had intended for my previous bike but never used.

For a first time wrapping something... Im quite pleased... I haven't tested the aerodynamics yet.

Oh and btw... All four nuts holding the windscreen in place have nuts at the back that will fall whwn detaching without holding them. No 'well nuts' here.. But someone may have replaced the originals.
    Last edited by macouno; 03-28-2019 at 01:38 PM.

apriliaforum Junkie
    That looks OK... and I doubt it'll cause any turbulence to cause you worry. As for the 'well-nuts', it doesn't surprise me. They're easily damaged and, by experience, rarely available from a local shop.

Enjoy.

Cheers... Paul

apriliaforum prov-nov
    update after a couple rides... I am pretty happy.. Makes a huge difference in noise levels. Could be an inch lower still... Maybe I will make a 100% custom screen if I can find the time.

Totally worth it.