Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Tuono rough running issue

apriliaforum Member
    hey both....I wanted to look in the ECU of my Tuono today to check what type of chip is there. I was not able to unlock the screws, nevermind, but I have seen ECU trimpots set to 3 & 4 o clock. regarding to what I just read above, it looks to be wrong. But the first it would be the best to know whether any aftermarket chip is not included, am I right?
    Besides of this, the green/blue wire is cuted.

It's a bit hard to say without knowing what chip is in it, but regardless, 3 and 4 o clock sounds very rich. Are you getting bad fuel consumption?
    I'd be setting both of them back to 12 o clock. Testing adjusting and retesting.
    Follow the procedure as Gabro describes.

apriliaforum Member
    I did not realized higher comsumption, but I will check.
    thanks anyway, I will try and will also try to get into the ECU. Anyway, I have got Arrow chip ready to put into the ECU, I assume the Gabros setting should be the same?

Quote Originally Posted by kralik View Post
    I did not realized higher comsumption, but I will check.
    thanks anyway, I will try and will also try to get into the ECU. Anyway, I have got Arrow chip ready to put into the ECU, I assume the Gabros setting should be the same?
    Gabbro makes different chips for different setups (exhaust, intake, throttle body etc.). Some have two maps which require joining up that cut wire and putting a switch in.
    I haven't experience with the Arrow chip. But I think with any of them, starting at that twelve o clock position would be advisable. It's a default between rich and lean so the logical setting to start to tune.

apriliaforum Member
    thanks mate!

Trim pot adjustment has no effect with some chips fitted in the ECU; you need to find out what chip you have.
    The only way to set the trim pots accurately if you have a chip that allows, is to get your O2 levels checked and adjusted using an exhaust gas analyser.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
    Trim pot adjustment has no effect with some chips fitted in the ECU; you need to find out what chip you have.
    The only way to set the trim pots accurately if you have a chip that allows, is to get your O2 levels checked and adjusted using an exhaust gas analyser.
    Thanks! Then the first job for me is to open the ecu as I was not able to do that. Somebode overtighten the screw

Odoslanť z SM-G390F pomocou Tapatalku

Just remember to earth yourself before touching anything in the ECU when you get the top off.

...The only way to set the trim pots accurately if you have a chip that allows, is to get your O2 levels checked and adjusted using an exhaust gas analyser.
    There is another approach for those without access to a gas analyzer. It really works very well. Great cold and hot starting characteristics. Great idle. Great off idle throttle response.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...57#post1883457
    Last edited by kzmille; 04-15-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU - remember Sandra Bland

apriliaforum Member
    Just remember to earth yourself before touching anything in the ECU when you get the top off.
    What is the best way to earth myself?

Quote Originally Posted by kralik View Post
    What is the best way to earth myself?
    Touch something like a central heating radiator or a concrete garage floor; you're just aiming to dissipate any static build up in your body instead of it damaging the chip or ECU component.
    I actually felt a static discharge the other day when I put my hand under a running cold water tap.

Yes, any water pipe will do. I got a shock recently from running water as well. Didn't know that was possible.
    This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU - remember Sandra Bland

apriliaforum Member
    Ok, I understand now. Thanks, I will do that. I think, also using the rubber gloves could help to prevente this type of damage.

apriliaforum Member
    I have finaly got into the ecu and found the same chip I wanted to put in.
    Does anyone of you know what does the sign on the ecu stands for? See the trim position too.

Odoslanť z SM-G390F pomocou Tapatalku

apriliaforum newb

2004 Tuono rough running issue

Update for anyone interested:

Previous owner deleted the Charcoal canister and ran the tank vent straight to the throttle body.

Capped that off properly and it rides significantly better! Need to fine tune the sync still.
    Last edited by Yert315; 06-09-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast