Thread: Question Time!

apriliaforum Member

Question Time!

Hello everyone,

I have posted a few times in the past, however I'm back again with more questions! But first and foremost, my bike...

So I have a 2003 Rieju MRX Castrol in Orange. Owned for nearly 8 years now, I've done a fair bit of work include full rebuild. It has a mallosi branded phbg21 carb, a inner rotor kit that I've forgotten the brand of, a turbo kit carreras 80 exhaust, V force 3 8 petal Reed block with koso digital clocks and most importantly, it had a 86cc top performances aluminium barrel paired with the 44mm stroke crankshaft.

I have however managed to sieze the barrel so will be replacing in coming months, but wondered if there was anything else I could go for?

No complaints on the top performances kit at all, only seized from my own stupidity.. (ran without 2stroke oil)

And fairly certain crank is in good working order, so could I get any kit and stick it on along with my longer crank, with little modification maybe? Or would it have to be a kit designed for that stroke crank.

Any suggestions on any kits to try would be appreciated, but not the Athena power valve kit, already tried to get one but don't have clearence between my engine and frame to fit the valve about exhaust port.

Cheers.

apriliaforum expert
    Your best choice would be the same cylinder as you already milled up the cases for that. You can put up other cylinders with smaller strokes, but that would require a lot of work on the cylinder. And not every one would be good. Best choice would be the tpr86.

As for the seize, a well carburated bike doesnt seize without oil you should work more on the carb tune.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldis12 View Post
    As for the seize, a well carburated bike doesnt seize without oil you should work more on the carb tune.
    Really?

apriliaforum expert THE BROWN NOTE's Avatar
    Possible if ridden at low rpm. Snowmobile injectors pump zero oil at idle speed.
    #MeToo

apriliaforum expert
    Yes really. It wears faster thats for sure. But it wont seize. I would say it seizes with oil at 95 C, without oil 90C. Just rough numbers, they are not true but the difference is right. Next time work on youre carb tuning a bit more. It was propably too lean.

apriliaforum Member
    Thanks.