Thread: 2018 Tuono V4RR. 1st ride impressions

2018 Tuono V4RR. 1st ride impressions

I got my 1st ride in! I love the clutchless shifting. My stupid mirror kept moving. (Iíll tighten that). I only got 40 miles on the bike. It is super comfortable I love it. I set every control to the highest level and ride in sport mode. My only concern is how unsmooth the power delivery it seems to jerk a bit . Is this normal will it clear up?

Let it break in.
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 Factory
    RACE ECU|CRG Levers|AF1 Red RSV4 Bellpan|GBR/Graves/Woodcraft /frame/axle Sliders/Case Savers,Spools|Evotech FE|Rhinomoto Barend Mirrors|EBC HH Pads|EVAP delete|LED Lights|Slipscreens headlight protectors|R&G CF Tank/Tail sliders|Radiator Guards|Powerbronze Airflow Screen|Reflective rim stripes|Stompgrips|Koso Heated Grips
    2014 S1000R Premium White
    Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike Belly Pan|Bestem CF Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|Barend Mirrors|360į+R&G LED signals|Reflective rim stripes|R&G+Puig Protection|H&B panniers

Past 06 FZ6, 07 FZ1, 06 Daytona, 12 S1000RR

Try race mode. And traction at 2 or 3.
    1% to zero throttle is abrupt, and main
    Complaint on tuonos. Mapping ecu helps a little.
    2017 Sherco 300 SER Factory
    2016 Tuono 1100 Factory
    2015 TREK 7.3
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...alan+golightly

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by FOULWIND View Post
    I got my 1st ride in! I love the clutchless shifting. My stupid mirror kept moving. (I’ll tighten that). I only got 40 miles on the bike. It is super comfortable I love it. I set every control to the highest level and ride in sport mode. My only concern is how unsmooth the power delivery it seems to jerk a bit . Is this normal will it clear up?
    I've noticed mine get smoother as I break her in. ...or maybe I'm just getting used to it.
    100mi on mine.

apriliaforum prov-nov Jeremy556's Avatar
    Use race or track mode to smooth out the throttle.

I bought my '18 RR in July 2018 and now have about 4700mi on it. Race mode is the only throttle mapping I use, it has the least engine braking and makes the on/off throttle transitions less abrupt. I still find getting back on the throttle mid corner causes a bit of a jerk and unsettles the bike briefly. You will get used to it, but I do wish it was better. That's my only real issue with the bike.

I usually use ATC 3, AWC off, ABS 2 (used to use 1 for stoppie fun, but the manual makes it sound like it will almost never intervene at level 1).

I spent a few hours on it Tuesday before the "Bomb Cyclone" hit Denver, and had many moments of just laughing madly in my helmet. Listening to the 65*v4 roar and experiencing the amazing chassis through a nice Colorado canyon road just does not get old. Now that I finally have the rebound damping sorted to my liking the last little annoyance is gone.

apriliaforum Member
    The mirror part happened to me as well. Just put the mirror in the right position and tighten the shit out of that top nut.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I just picked up an '18 RR and noticed the same jerkiness, very irritating in heavy traffic. Just switch it from Sport to Race (the starter button is also the mode button.) Race mode is much, much smoother.

Thank you all! I will try your suggestions. Texag, I was doing some ric flair “WOOING” mixed with the same laughter. Rider position and comfort are awesome. It did surprise me with the power. Thanks again for easing my initial worries I’m sellimg my ninja tomorrow....��