Thread: RPM Cycles Dallas Is Closed

RPM Cycles Dallas Is Closed

I've been trying to reach RPM Cycles several times today, busy signal each time. I checked online and it says they're "Permanently Closed" They dropped Aprilia last year. Looks like no dealers are carrying Aprilia in the DFW area that I know of. I've had an minor issue with my Shiver, most likely a blocked vent line. I'm taking it to EuroSport Cycles in Fort Worth to have it checked out, 250 mile round trip. They no longer carry the Aprilia line, but they'll do the work. I'm grateful for that.
    Mark
    2012 Shiver
    1992 K75RT

apriliaforum expert
    My nearest dealer is 2 hours away, I just deal with it. Price I agreed to pay for owning one. :P)

apriliaforum expert brandonmccann's Avatar
    thats actually where I got my shiver. Arguably, they kinda jipped me on some insurance repairs so I don't miss it. The service manager guy was nice, tho.

Next I'll be stopping by AF1 or Houston Superbikes in a couple years(I hope).
    -----------------------------------------
    *WANT to BUY* - Healtech quickshifter, GLpro X gear indicator, aftermarket shock, For 2009 Shiver.
    **For SALE** - MotoCorsaro O2 Optimiser, OEM Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders W/ Mad Hornet adjustable levers,OEM mirrors and stock muffler; From a 2009 Shiver.

2009 Aprilia Shiver; Rexxer ECU Reflash, Carbon panels. Andreani Cartridges, Samco hoses, Ti Exhaust Wrap, Apex Clipons, 520 45T, DNA filter and snorkel-del, Accosatto clutch & front brake masters, Brembo rear master, Mussan MPdemon full system, Skidmarx Bellypan, PUIG rear fender, HLD seat cowl, Aprilia Sport Screen, CRG Arrow mirrors, LED retrofit(Opt7, Zevo, Watsen), R&G Tidy, Rosmoto Rearsets, T-Rex Sliders, NGK Iridium plugs.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Shiver View Post
    I've been trying to reach RPM Cycles several times today, busy signal each time. I checked online and it says they're "Permanently Closed" They dropped Aprilia last year. Looks like no dealers are carrying Aprilia in the DFW area that I know of. I've had an minor issue with my Shiver, most likely a blocked vent line. I'm taking it to EuroSport Cycles in Fort Worth to have it checked out, 250 mile round trip. They no longer carry the Aprilia line, but they'll do the work. I'm grateful for that.

At least as of a year ago or so Cycle Center of Denton was carrying Aprilias. Maybe give them a call.
    Don't be a jerk... jerk

2016 KTM 250 xc
    2013 KTM 350 xcf ---------------SOLD
    2011 Husqvarna 630 ------------SOLD
    2007 KTM Superduke 990-------SOLD
    2009 Dorsoduro 750
    2003 KLX 400R
    2009 YZ450 -----------------------SOLD
    2007 ZZR600 ----------------------SOLD
    2006 CBR600RR ------------------SOLD
    2009 Ninja 250 -------------------SOLD

apriliaforum expert
    In my opinion these dealerships are shooting themselves in the foot. Stupid high prices for servicing (over $100/hr) brings out the DIY in more people. $800 and "8" hrs of work + $parts feels like a huge price gouge for a motorcycle that initially costs $9k or less. Or even worse a manufacturer defect or wear item costing bookoo bucks to fix at the dealer. ESPECIALLY for a luxury/entertainment item such as a motorcycle. Most people use these for leisure and will put repairs and maintenance costs to the wayside. The motorcycle isn't a primary mode of transport for most rider... the car is. The car gets you to work to buy food and pay the mortgage... not the motorcycle.

Thus these dealers lose business. That's my opinion anyway. I bet if they dropped service prices by half then servicing becomes more of a business sustaining cash flow and sales are bonus.

Let's start a rant shall we? Maybe AF1 will hear our cries.
    Don't be a jerk... jerk

2016 KTM 250 xc
    2013 KTM 350 xcf ---------------SOLD
    2011 Husqvarna 630 ------------SOLD
    2007 KTM Superduke 990-------SOLD
    2009 Dorsoduro 750
    2003 KLX 400R
    2009 YZ450 -----------------------SOLD
    2007 ZZR600 ----------------------SOLD
    2006 CBR600RR ------------------SOLD
    2009 Ninja 250 -------------------SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalTireSkid View Post
    At least as of a year ago or so Cycle Center of Denton was carrying Aprilias. Maybe give them a call.
    Called them, they stopped carrying Aprilia a couple years ago according to them. It'd be really bad for Texas owners if it weren't for AF1 Racing. They're 5 hours from me, but they ship free for any domestic order over $49.
    Last edited by TX-Shiver; 03-15-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    Mark
    2012 Shiver
    1992 K75RT

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalTireSkid View Post
    In my opinion these dealerships are shooting themselves in the foot. Stupid high prices for servicing (over $100/hr) brings out the DIY in more people. $800 and "8" hrs of work + $parts feels like a huge price gouge for a motorcycle that initially costs $9k or less. Or even worse a manufacturer defect or wear item costing bookoo bucks to fix at the dealer. ESPECIALLY for a luxury/entertainment item such as a motorcycle. Most people use these for leisure and will put repairs and maintenance costs to the wayside. The motorcycle isn't a primary mode of transport for most rider... the car is. The car gets you to work to buy food and pay the mortgage... not the motorcycle.

Thus these dealers lose business. That's my opinion anyway. I bet if they dropped service prices by half then servicing becomes more of a business sustaining cash flow and sales are bonus.

Let's start a rant shall we? Maybe AF1 will hear our cries.
    While I sympathise with what you say, RTS, I suspect its the workshop that keeps bike shops afloat. I doubt they make much money on new bikes, and most people buy parts online.
    Frodo
    2015 Shiver
    New Zealand