Thread: '04 Futura for sale. Gloss Black. Moving. Must Sell Quick. Lots of Mods. $3250!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

'04 Futura for sale. Gloss Black. Moving. Must Sell Quick. Lots of Mods. *SOLD*

*SOLD*

I am the original (and only) owner that purchased this wonderful bike new in '04. I am moving back to CA, and only have room for 1 bike, so the Futura, which hasn't seen much action lately, must go. NEED THIS BIKE SOLD BEFROE THE END OF MARCH.
    I've dropped a ton of money on upgrades on this baby.
    Clean title, but currently not registered.
    Brand new Yuasa battery and Iridium plugs. Runs great!

Video of starting and reving engine: https://youtu.be/A2TJhuRVCPY

Pease note, bike is in Columbus, OH (NOT Atlanta)

House and Trailer kept... NOT outside.

It's all in the details...

Approx. 23,000 miles
    Custom Gloss Black w/ tasteful Aprilia graphics (see pics). The Hard bags are matching, in good shape, with all internal hardware.
    Smoked turn signals and tail lights (10%).
    Stock seat perf-leather covered by Sargent (see pics), foam unmolested... so still super comfy, just looks MUCH better!
    6k HID headlights
    Carbon Fiber rear hugger/chain guard.
    Carbon Fiber front fender, with gloss black fender included.
    Carbon Fiber tank pad.
    Carbon Fiber license plate frame.
    Hel-Bars, powder-coated gloss black.
    Triple clamp powder coated gloss black.
    Billet reservoir covers brake/clutch.
    Rizoma billet rear brake reservoir.
    Billet fork adjusters.
    Motovation weighted bar ends, with Pro Grips 714 (my favorite, super-comfy).
    RhinoMoto front fork sliders. One is missing in the pic (oops), but I do have it.
    Passenger pegs mounts powder-coated silver (no more non-matching bronze or whatever the oem was).
    Billet Lion-head swing-arm pivot covers.
    Titanium fasteners in various places... Brake calipers, Heli-Bars, fork lowers, etc...
    12v cigarette adapter in dash for power.
    Bridgestone BT-016 tires. Fronts in great shape, rear is starting to flatten out.
    Bef "semi-full" exhaust, CERAMIC COATED(!)... sounds awesome, better than my Tuono w/ Leo's.
    Eagle Screens (Australia) "Sport" smoked windscreen (couple inches shorter than stock for better wind flow).
    Factory Pro Evo shift star kit... Shifts soooo smooth it's crazy... like butter. Smoother than my Tuono with the same kit.
    Mille intake boot.
    Evo clutch slave
    CRG levers (not Asian copies)... shorty for the brake side, long for the clutch side.
    Stainless Steel brake/clutch lines. Speigler iirc.
    Radial masters for both brake and clutch with integrated reservoirs (from the Duc 999/749). Dead easy to bleed with a 6mm wrench, no mess.
    Set up for GP shift, but can return to standard shift no problem.
    Lightened flywheel (weight removed).
    15/43 gearing
    Mille fork lowers (fully adjustable) powder-coated black, and tubes DLC coated (like Öhlins' TiN, only better) w/ Öhlins internals and 4-pad calipers. Used the tops of the mille forks for the red color instead of silver.
    Wilbers top-of-the-line shock with High & Low speed compression, remote preload, etc.
    DID gold chain.
    Mosul oil, stock filter.

Oh and of course, the brown connector was replaced with a bus connector a long time ago. Also, the plastic fuel quick-disconnect was replaced with an all-metal one years ago as well, some time before an actual recall happened. Both done over 10 years ago...

As one can see, no expense was spared, as I never intended on selling, ever.
    Only blemishes ares on the left side dark plastic under the clutch reservoir (from fluid spills), and a couple more scratches in the front fairing and tank.
    Runs absolutely great.
    Miscellaneous spare parts, including hard bag parts, and some body fairings included.

This bike must sell... it can't go with me!
    An absolutely beautiful bike that turns heads and gets comments everywhere, no joke!

$3250 MUST SELL

No, I will not part anything out... no time.

Pics:

Just added pics of the (included) gloss black front fender and matching Panniers:

Last edited by EditTim; 03-16-2019 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added video link
    Tim

'07 Tuono Factory

Leo Vince cans, 15/42, CF bits, Rizoma bars, bar ends, & mirrors, Austin Racing rear sets w/ GP shift, Factory Pro Evo shift star kit, radial clutch/brake, CRG levers, Evotech hangers, Powerbronze, billet sidestand, 6k HID, AF1 link plates, lightened flywheel, Öhlins TTX, BSTs, Bazzaz Fi-TC

'04 Futura in Gloss Black
    Factory Pro shift kit, 15/43, GP shift, CRG's, Evo clutch slave, Bef semi-full (ceramic coated), Wilbers shock, 6k HID, Mille fork lowers DLC coated w/ Öhlins and 4-pad calipers, radial clutch/brake, lightened flywheel

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's a beautiful bike Tim. Hands down it has to be the best sorted one I've ever seen.

I've got a buddy locally that's on his second Futura. He loves the thing, and tours on it over his newer Kaw Concours or his Honda Blackbird.

Best of luck with the sale, and the move.

John
    2008 RSV 1000 R, platinum/charcoal/red
    Akrapovic full system, NERA top triple clamp, Aprilia accessory rear sets, AF1 Ti bolt kit, etc. etc...

2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport, black... and stock for now

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red
    Showa forks, Sachs shocks, Termignoni kit, lots more

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JAndrewG View Post
    That's a beautiful bike Tim. Hands down it has to be the best sorted one I've ever seen.

I've got a buddy locally that's on his second Futura. He loves the thing, and tours on it over his newer Kaw Concours or his Honda Blackbird.

Best of luck with the sale, and the move.

John
    Thanks, John! I appreciate it. I do love this bike, and hate to see it go, but that's what life throws at us...
    Tim

'07 Tuono Factory

Leo Vince cans, 15/42, CF bits, Rizoma bars, bar ends, & mirrors, Austin Racing rear sets w/ GP shift, Factory Pro Evo shift star kit, radial clutch/brake, CRG levers, Evotech hangers, Powerbronze, billet sidestand, 6k HID, AF1 link plates, lightened flywheel, Öhlins TTX, BSTs, Bazzaz Fi-TC

Factory Pro shift kit, 15/43, GP shift, CRG's, Evo clutch slave, Bef semi-full (ceramic coated), Wilbers shock, 6k HID, Mille fork lowers DLC coated w/ Öhlins and 4-pad calipers, radial clutch/brake, lightened flywheel

apriliaforum Member Skipbarberman's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    Absolutely stunning example, very fair price. GLWS

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipbarberman View Post
    Absolutely stunning example, very fair price. GLWS
    Thanks!

Bump for Video added...

https://youtu.be/A2TJhuRVCPY
    Tim

'07 Tuono Factory

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've emailed 3 people with the link to this. This is a good a deal on an ST as can be found.
    JD

Futura
    Bunch of dirtbikes

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Did you send the seat to Sergeant or order a cover? I would like to know for personal interest reasons.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    Did you send the seat to Sergeant or order a cover? I would like to know for personal interest reasons.
    Hey Ron, how's it going?!? I sent the seat in to Sergeant. It took a rather large box, lol...
    Tim

'07 Tuono Factory

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia & Papua New Guinea,
    Feedback Score
    Hi, I've got an English mate who has just moved to Texas, he's not on the forum yet, but is dead keen on your bike after I told him about it, Mike's his name and I'd like to get you two in touch.
    That O.K with you?
    Cheers,
    Klav,
    Last edited by klavdy; 03-15-2019 at 04:04 AM.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Bike is sold!
    Last edited by EditTim; 03-16-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    Tim

'07 Tuono Factory

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the deal and nice meeting you Tim. Can't wait to get her registered and on the road.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk