Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aprilia Pegaso Tank Cover

apriliaforum Member
    Falco - I have Aprilia panniers and frames on my Trail. Looking at the frames, they shouldn't be difficult to make. Anyone with basic welding skills should be able to do it and if you know a local machine shop, it would be a piece of cake. If you need dimensions or close-up shots of them fitted to a Trail, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by glopro View Post
    Falco - I have Aprilia panniers and frames on my Trail. Looking at the frames, they shouldn't be difficult to make. Anyone with basic welding skills should be able to do it and if you know a local machine shop, it would be a piece of cake. If you need dimensions or close-up shots of them fitted to a Trail, let me know.
    Thanks glopto, found myself a left side piece and will start working out a copy on my own. Will post pictures once I manage something worth showing
    How old would you be, if you didn't know how old you are?
    Experience is what you get...when you don't get what you want...
    FEAR IS INVISIBLE ... NOT INVINCIBLE

Quote Originally Posted by shards51 View Post
    I understand your disappointment, and I have no loyalty to Aprilia (or any other brand) but I believe that any car/bike maker only has a legal obligation to make spares for 10 years from first year of manufacture.

Possibly the reason why Aprilia is not making any more Pegaso parts is due to the relatively small numbers sold? If you have a Trail, and want a spare dash, there is a new one available in Spain. If you want it, PM me.

There is no guarantee that ANY manufacturer will make spare parts for a particular model beyond 10 years.
    You are correct shards51, 10 years is what they are obliged for, but check with every serious motorcycle or car manufacturer and tell me
    who does that? I mean these bikes do have dash malfunctions which can even happen due to humidity exposure and the bike dies.

What do you do? you sell it for parts? I find this policy wrong. I can understand accessories but parts?

Anyway thanks for the dash suggestion, have ordered one to keep as spare as they claim from Italy
    that there are another 4 available/left. Mine has some issues and will buy a new one just to be sure.

We must start stockpiling parts if we want to continue using our bikes...
    How old would you be, if you didn't know how old you are?
    Experience is what you get...when you don't get what you want...
    FEAR IS INVISIBLE ... NOT INVINCIBLE

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Falco_1000 View Post
    We must start stockpiling parts if we want to continue using our bikes...
    Yes, you are correct. I can see a time in the future when it would benefit a group of 15-20 hard-core Pegaso owners going into a "consortium", each putting up (say) 100-200 pounds/euros to buy a whole bike to keep for their collective use as spares. In the scheme of things, that amount of money is well worth it to guarantee that at least one of everything would be available. A set of "rules" would need to be established, and a lot of trust required, but it could be done.
    Last edited by shards51; 03-15-2019 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Add more

Quote Originally Posted by shards51 View Post
    Yes, you are correct. I can see a time in the future when it would benefit a group of 15-20 hard-core Pegaso owners going into a "consortium", each putting up (say) 100-200 pounds/euros to buy a whole bike to keep for their collective use as spares. In the scheme of things, that amount of money is well worth it to guarantee that at least one of everything would be available. A set of "rules" would need to be established, and a lot of trust required, but it could be done.
    I think I already have that "spares" bike ..... But I chose to put it back on the road :-)

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    A square Peg in a round hole - http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12