Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Engine/Fairing Guard needed

apriliaforum prov-nov

Front Engine/Fairing Guard needed

Looking for used or NOS. Anybody got one they are not using? Really would like to get one before I venture off road.
    2008 DR650SE
    2002 Capo, 46,000 miles

The rally raid sump gaurd are hard to find as they only made 500 bikes there is a bloke in Poland that makes a good copy

apriliaforum expert calgaryjeff's Avatar
    W, I think you are looking more for crash bars than a sump guard aren't you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crash.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	375803

Attached Images Attached Images  
    2003 CapoNord
    1985 Honda VF1000R (gone to a new home)
    IBA #23204

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yep. That's what I am looking for. Just don't want to fork out $400. I found a set of engine/crash guards yesterday used.
    2008 DR650SE
    2002 Capo, 46,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Wblewzman View Post
    Yep. That's what I am looking for. Just don't want to fork out $400. I found a set of engine/crash guards yesterday used.
    If you found the Aprilia ones look closely at the cross bar ears that bolt in above the radiator. The weld on those ears were apparently done by practice welders from Istanbul during a welding rod shortage, outside in the rain during a dust storm - LOL. The welds on those ear tabs are very poor and will fracture from road vibration.

A quick wire brushing to metal, a couple good passes (20 bucks at a muffler shot max) and some gloss black paint and you will be happy. They are sacrificial so don't overdue reinforcement, just a couple nice beads.
    06' Caponord

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I found a new set made in Poland on EBAY. Part and shipping $170. He is on Holiday until the 15th of March. Looks like it may take a while to arrive. He sells it in two parts. Upper and Lower. I ordered the upper that goes around the fairing. I worry about dropping the bike or taking a dirt nap and not being able to find the parts to fix it. I haven't found any of the color matched repair tape yet. If I like the upper I will order the lower at a later date. Looks like combines price parts and shipping will be somewhere around $280 for upper and lower.

Link
    Last edited by Wblewzman; 03-01-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    2008 DR650SE
    2002 Capo, 46,000 miles

Those look nice.
    06' Caponord

apriliaforum newb
    Newbie here, with a 2003 Caponord. If I understand these things, there is a regular Caponord and a Rally/Raid Caponord. I have a set of mounts for panniers for the RAID version, and also bars that bolt on each side. But these do not fit my "regular" Capo.

Do the bars in the pic by CalgaryJeff fit a regular 2003? Does any one know the name of the E-Bay seller? Polish or otherwise....

And yes, I'd be happy to sell or trade the stuff I have, since it doesn't fit my bike...

If you still require the crash bars I have a Hepco and Becker set to sell.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

FoodReactions.Org
    Food Intolerance, Allergy & Adverse Reactions
    Bookmark it... you never know when you need it.

Memoirs Photography
    Weddings, Portraits and Events - Beckenham, Bromley, London & Kent

I have a original Rally Raid Sumpguard for sale incl. everything you need for mounting.

Write me a PM if interested.

I could also offer you the Motrag radiator guard for the Caponord :-)

www.motrag.pro

apriliaforum expert calgaryjeff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverHeaviside View Post
    I have a set of mounts for panniers for the RAID version, and also bars that bolt on each side. But these do not fit my "regular" Capo.

Do the bars in the pic by CalgaryJeff fit a regular 2003? Does any one know the name of the E-Bay seller? Polish or otherwise.... .
    Where is the problem with fit? My understanding is that the difference between "regular" and the Raid is primarily suspension components. The ones I showed absolutely fit a 2003 because that is what I have. I got mine through Hepco Becker. They still list them in their catalog as available. Also available through Touratech https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Pannier-Rack-Caponord. Send a message to Wblewzman for his Polish contact as from what I understand, he builds them to order.

If you want to get rid of the bag mounts you have, let me know, but I really think you can get them to fit (I know my crash bars needed a lot of "convincing" to mount properly.)

I'd work a little more on the ones you have because as far as I understand, you should be able to fit them.
    2003 CapoNord
    1985 Honda VF1000R (gone to a new home)
    IBA #23204

apriliaforum newb

Crash bars and panniers

The stuff I got from the PO included a set of sidecase mounts from Givi, and since I am getting Givi Outback cases, I mounted those. So, I don't need the factory stuff. If you want them let's work something out. More in my next post....

Quote Originally Posted by calgaryjeff View Post
    Where is the problem with fit? My understanding is that the difference between "regular" and the Raid is primarily suspension components. The ones I showed absolutely fit a 2003 because that is what I have. I got mine through Hepco Becker. They still list them in their catalog as available. Also available through Touratech https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Pannier-Rack-Caponord. Send a message to Wblewzman for his Polish contact as from what I understand, he builds them to order.

If you want to get rid of the bag mounts you have, let me know, but I really think you can get them to fit (I know my crash bars needed a lot of "convincing" to mount properly.)

apriliaforum newb
    So the "rust and tan" color bike below shows the crash bars mounted up front. I have a pair of these. The red bike is mine. My bike does not seem to have any holes or bolts or whatever to mount these bars. What do I not know? Or maybe more precisely, what do I not know about Aprilia? There's a lot in general I don't know....

Name:	ApriliaRAID.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	381497

Name:	MyAprilia.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	381498

apriliaforum expert
    Put a piece of painters tape on each location where a screw holds the plastic on. Don't miss any. Then look at the bash bars and you should see where they will attach.

Just above the radiator overflow tank cover is one point. Gotta bend down low to see it.
    What do you mean -why do I have 2 ETV Caponords? I also have 2 arms, 2 ears, 2 legs, 2 eyes and 2 butt cheeks, I don't see the problem.

apriliaforum expert
    There should be a bracket x2 that come with the top crash bars, that bolt into the frame. I’ll see if I can take a pic when it stops raining
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast