Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2019

And then there was this guy if you get it rite then why not the corrected timing went well hard track on tires for sure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	210.9 KB 
ID:	375548

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Their rev ceiling is 16000 as a starting point I think against Kawasakis 14600, both figures are based on the road bike max revs + a bit......it's a tad more complicated than that of course, I think I saw an explanation on the WSBK website recently. The Ducati has the advantage of desmo to run such high revs and Kawasakis new motor has cancelled out the rev penalty of 600 rpm they endured last year by raising the road bike rev ceiling with some trick new valve gear.
    Bit early to be talking about reducing rev limits but it's always in the background ready to stifle engineering excellence.
    This is where it's at for this season.

2.4.3.1 Balancing various motorcycle concepts a) In order to equalise the performance of different brands of machine rev limits will be individually applied to each brand. b) Each season will begin with the same rev limits as the previous season finished. c) The rev limit will be adjusted according to 2.4.3.2. d) Updated machines with the same basic engine design will continue with the manufacturers previous rev limit. Any new machines entering with a redesigned engine will have their rev limit set by calculation. e) The initial rev limit will be the dynamometer measured rev limit of 3rd & 4th gear averaged, plus 3% or 1100 rpm above the dyno measured max horsepower rpm of a production machine, whichever is lower. f) The limiter in all gears will be analysed to check for anomalies. g) The dyno test will take place during the homologation inspection.
    (See Part 4.0 Homologation, 1.4.b) h) The Superbike Commission can at any time modify the handicap system to ensure fair competition. 2.4.3.2 Balancing Calculation 1. The FIM/DWO algorithm will be used to balance the performance of the machines relative to one another. 2. The algorithm may include but not be limited to the following signals: a) Lap time relative to all other competitors b) Speed traps c) Number of riders per brand d) Anticipated individual rider performance i) Per track ii) Considering preceding rounds
    FIM Superbike, Supersport & Supersport 300 World Championships Regulations
    update 25 January 2019 83
    SBK
    e) Race results f) Laps led g) Overall race time h) Change in balance following any rpm limiter changes i) Bias towards recent results reflecting current performance j) Any concession part updates being applied 3. The rev limit may be updated (according to 2.4.3.2) at the end of every 3rd event provided at least 3 events remain in the season. 4. The rev limit may also be updated at the end of the season. 5. FIM/DWO reserves the right to update the rpm balance at their discretion in the case of an imbalance. 6. ďWetĒ races (as declared by the Race Director) are not taken in account for the calculation. 2.4.3.3 Rev limit The manufacturer specific rev limit will be adjusted in increments of 250 rpm (up or down). The rev limit will be controlled by the manufacturers software and will be monitored by the FIM/DWO approved rev-logger (see 2.4.9.1). Over rev because of downshift will be ignored. ECU Hard limiter must be set to the WSBK specified rev limit.
    WSBK Initial rev-limit Brand Proposed

Name:  revo.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  27.1 KB

Name:  rev 1.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  86.5 KB
    2.4.3.4 Concessions a) Concession points are awarded according to the final results of all dry races. Any rider can earn the concession points. b) At the start of each season manufacturers will begin with 0 concession points. c) The points will be awarded as follows: i) 1st place = 3 concession points ii) 2nd place = 2 concession points iii) 3rd place = 1 concession point d) No updates can be made to the concession parts during the first three races (excepting point h). e) At the end of the first three rounds: i) Any manufacturer whom achieves 9 or more points less than the manufacturer with the most concession points may choose at their discretion to make one update to the concession parts during the season. The parts must be introduced simultaneously. f) Any manufacturer whom achieves 36 or more points less than the manufacturer with the most concession points at the end of season may update the concession parts for the following season. g) Concession points are not cumulative. The manufacturer may only have one concession available. A concession point earned after round 4 may be used for an intra-season update. h) FIM/DORNA reserve the right to allow, at their discretion, one further concession parts update during the season for new manufacturers entering the series or for new homologations of bikes with a new design of engine. i) The manufacturer must notify the SBK Technical Director of the full combination/specification of parts to be used. This notification must be made before the start of the season and again if a concession parts update is earned.
    FIM Superbike, Supersport & Supersport 300 World Championships Regulations
    update 25 January 2019 85
    SBK
    j) If a newly homologated machine maintains the same engine design as its predecessor and the manufacturer has not earned a between season concession update then the new machine must begin with the same engine specification as the last season with the approved concession parts. The SBK Technical Directors decision is final. k) Machines considered as new will have their parts approved by December 31st to allow parts to be supplied to supported teams for the first race. A minimum of 3 sets of parts must be supplied to teams before January 10th.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

I am deeply puzzled at Chas performance.
    I was certain (hoping ?) he would come good at the Superpole race.
    Thus giving him a chance at Race 2
    Life is what happens to you while youíre busy making other plans.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhamid View Post
    Chaz is behind on bike time thro' injury + the change from years on a V2 1200 Ducati to the new V4 is, I would argue, a bigger change than years on a Ducati V4 MotoGP bike to a slower bike for Bautista. Chaz is also twice the size of Alvaro so it's going to take time to get the bike suited to him....if they can. His style is the polar opposite of Alvaro, very aggressive and ultra hard on corner entry, the V4 may never accept being ridden in that way - time will tell I guess.

That Ducati is unbelievably fast in a straight line - when Rinaldi had been lapped by the Yamahas and he tagged on the back he was having to back off down the main straight to avoid overtaking them all again.

Next track has 2 big straights so it could be a similar story there also.

WSS race was a bit of a farce with the pitstops and penalties but the right man won in the end and good to see Cluzel on the podium.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhamid View Post
    I wasn't . Bautista whilst.not being one of the aliens is a big step above Chaz and Rea imho

^
    Hmm... Rea did well in the superpole race. Did you see the dives into turn one. I would not write him off yet. He’s clever too.

Kwaks are lacking a lot of raw power vs. the Ducatis.

Edit. Hats off to Ducati for a one helluva a motorcycle and Bautista for riding it so fast.
    Last edited by JMH; 02-24-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & KTM 625 SXC -05
    My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.

Just one race and last year was won by Ducati too.
    Arenít the gear ratios stock the whole year that could change things for usable power.

Nice to see that the Yamaha are closer to the green ones, looks like we have some race going on.
    Honda is joke at the moment.

^ At the moment? They have been a joke for a while now in everything but GP.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

apriliaforum expert
    Only one Ducati did well. It's the rider that made the difference.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I’m personally VERY impressed by the Ducati debut, and as others have pointed out, I’m thinking more rider than bike. The bike is good no doubt, but only a rider perfectly gelled with a machine dominates like that. Round 1...let’s see what happens next before coming to any conclusions
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

i'll wait til aragon. see what happens.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

He was the only one that was short shifting through turn 11 just as he did in his 2T day I expect i do that there as well it's faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    Iím personally VERY impressed by the Ducati debut, and as others have pointed out, Iím thinking more rider than bike. The bike is good no doubt, but only a rider perfectly gelled with a machine dominates like that. Round 1...letís see what happens next before coming to any conclusions
    That's how I see it too.
    He also did PI on the MotoGP Factory Duc (stepped in for Lorenzo) only last October with an excellent showing.
    Great to have Alvaro in there raising the bar a little.
    3 awesome races from my standpoint.

We'll see how he & Ducati goes at tracks that don't suit the bike or Alvaro hasn't raced at before (shouldn't be too many of them, he's been around awhile)

If the Duc V4 gets too many podium concession points they will balance/noble/equalise it as per the rules I posted above.
    However with Leon & Johnny getting lots of podiums it may go the other way or stay equal unless the other Duc riders get it together.
    At the end of the first three rounds: i) Any manufacturer whom achieves 9 or more points less than the manufacturer with the most concession points may choose at their discretion to make one update to the concession parts during the season. The parts must be introduced simultaneously.
    Caveat being "5. FIM/DWO reserves the right to update the rpm balance at their discretion in the case of an imbalance."

As it stands with results from PI.
    We have concession points (assuming the Sunday short pole race is included, nothing to say it isn't & it is awarded ~half championship points down to 9th);
    Ducati on 9
    Kawasaki on 8 (note if Leon didn't fall down in that first race they would be on 9 points as well.
    Yamaha on 1

All seems pretty equal to me so far.

Current Championship points.

ALVARO BAUTISTA DUCATI 62

JONATHAN REA KAWASAKI 49

MARCO MELANDRI YAMAHA 30

ALEX LOWES YAMAHA 30

MICHAEL VAN DER MARK YAMAHA 29

LEON HASLAM KAWASAKI 24

SANDRO CORTESE YAMAHA 19

CHAZ DAVIES DUCATI 15

TOM SYKES BMW 12

EUGENE LAVERTY DUCATI 12

TOPRAK RAZGATLIOGLU KAWASAKI 10

MICHAEL RUBEN RINALDI DUCATI 9

LEANDRO MERCADO KAWASAKI 7

JORDI TORRES KAWASAKI 7

MARKUS REITERBERGER BMW 7

LEON CAMIER HONDA 6

RYUICHI KIYONARI HONDA 1

@the end of three.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    He was the only one that was short shifting through turn 11 just as he did in his 2T day I expect i do that there as well it's faster.
    That's odd, I thought everyone short shifted into 11, near impossible not to.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast