Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2019

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Impressive as that was - one weekend racing at a track that always throws up oddball results does not equal a pattern - I wouldn't write off the rest of the grid just yet.......

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Impressive as that was - one weekend racing at a track that always throws up oddball results does not equal a pattern - I wouldn't write off the rest of the grid just yet.......
    So there’s still a chance for kyanari to win the chmpnshp.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ape66 View Post
    Now that's a stretch............but he's not been last has he? Or was he last finisher when others crashed out? Dunno.

Other than being Japanese I'm not sure what he brings to that project, occasionally great on his day but that was a long time ago.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by ape66 View Post

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    A second a lap is pretty compelling, especially nwhen you look at how close the next best were to each other

apriliaforum Junkie
    Ducati finally pulled their heads out of their asses and built that FIM-legal spaceship. I say good on 'em! Enjoy the desmo trophies!
    Aprilia continues to piss away SBK championships getting suckered into the GP money pit.
    Honda has and HAS HAD the ability to outperform all their rivals but choose not to, so fuck em.

I think it would be utter bullshit to handicap Ducati after all these years of Ninja domination.
    Kawasaki reaped the benefits FOR YEARS of developing a Superbike that they would sell with headlights and a kickstand. Fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by RF Pilot View Post
    Kawasaki reaped the benefits FOR YEARS of developing a Superbike that they would sell with headlights and a kickstand. Fuck em.
    I think it's more that kawasaki reaped the benefits of hiring the best rider......
    seesecurity.com.au

apriliaforum Junkie
    Ducati finally pulled their heads out of their asses and built that FIM-legal spaceship. I say good on 'em! Enjoy the desmo trophies!
    Aprilia continues to piss away SBK championships getting suckered into the GP money pit.
    Honda has and HAS HAD the ability to outperform all their rivals but choose not to, so fuck em.

I think it would be utter bullshit to handicap Ducati after all these years of Ninja domination.
    They also benefited from half-assed, or no participation from competitors in recent years. JR is amazing undoubtedly, and maybe the GOAT. But there's been no real effort from Honda for years, no Suzuki, Yamaha was gone for a bit and just started actually trying again, BMW is just starting to kind of play again, and Aprilia has effectively been out for a few years now. Only Ducati and Kawasaki have even put forth any real effort so all that domination comes with somewhat of an asterisk.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I totally agree, Ducati EARNED THIS as did Bautista, penalizing them for doing shit RIGHT is plain WRONG. I’m not a Ducati fanboy but, I respect deeply their desire to up the game!

Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum expert
    You’re a big time Ducati fanboy Micah.

apriliaforum expert
    If Rea is the GOAT, what does that make Haslam, who just recently started riding that bike and he is on about the same pace as Rea?
    Rea has been the class of the field the last few years. Some of that is down to his skill, but some of it was clearly down to him being on the best bike.
    As to the Ducati, so far only one guy is doing great on the new Ducati. Perhaps that will change over the course of the season, but right now it is only the one guy on it that is crushing everyone else. And he wasn't just crushing them down the straight, he was crushing them throughout the entire lap of P.I.. At this point credit goes to Bautista. He was the only guy on the Ducati who could run anywhere near that pace.
    Rea needs to step his pace up and clear off from Haslam if he wants a shot at being the GOAT in WSBK. It would help if he beats Bautista as well, but at a minimum he needs to beat Haslam by more than he did last weekend. Time will tell. It looks like it will be the most interesting WSBK season I have seen in a while. And while I am not a Bautista fan per say, I am very happy to see him do well. He never really got enough respect in MotoGP, in spite of how well he did.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I prefer “fanboi” for describing the faithful whom bow towards Bologna.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Quote Originally Posted by GuzziMoto View Post
    If Rea is the GOAT, what does that make Haslam, who just recently started riding that bike and he is on about the same pace as Rea?
    Rea has been the class of the field the last few years. Some of that is down to his skill, but some of it was clearly down to him being on the best bike.
    As to the Ducati, so far only one guy is doing great on the new Ducati. Perhaps that will change over the course of the season, but right now it is only the one guy on it that is crushing everyone else. And he wasn't just crushing them down the straight, he was crushing them throughout the entire lap of P.I.. At this point credit goes to Bautista. He was the only guy on the Ducati who could run anywhere near that pace.
    Rea needs to step his pace up and clear off from Haslam if he wants a shot at being the GOAT in WSBK. It would help if he beats Bautista as well, but at a minimum he needs to beat Haslam by more than he did last weekend. Time will tell. It looks like it will be the most interesting WSBK season I have seen in a while. And while I am not a Bautista fan per say, I am very happy to see him do well. He never really got enough respect in MotoGP, in spite of how well he did.
    Haslam was a big surprise to me. I would not have bet he'd be on the podium right out of the gate.
    Windmill cancer survivor.
    I don't care about my apathy.

Name:  42-16041240.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  51.0 KB
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Im gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

Quote Originally Posted by WadeS02 View Post
    Haslam was a big surprise to me. I would not have bet he'd be on the podium right out of the gate.
    I fully expected as much based on his performance last year.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast