Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 160

Thread: Pegaso meet 2019.

  1. #1
    apriliaforum expert tom-cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gisburn, Lancashire.
    Posts
    630

    Pegaso meet 2019.

    Nothing definitive, but Dobbi and I have been in communication. There are some very nice locations and facilities in my location. But....
    My only month, outside school holiday times is mid to late June. Everywhere appears to be pretty much booked.
    Does the date have to be a weekend?
    A midweek date looks far easier to arrange.
    I am thinking in particular about the YHA at Malham. Plenty of options from camping, pods, dorms and private rooms.
    All within 100m from a local public house.
    Would any or all be able to manage a night midweek? Looking at a single midweek night 17th to 27th June.
    Would anyone be able to attend, or is weekend a must?
    "If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is."

  2. #2
    apriliaforum expert dobbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    shropshire UK
    Posts
    2,585
    Hi George,

    I am easy with any time and am happy to be there any time. midweek is always going to be quieter, in accomodation and on the roads but some people might be lucky enough to have full time jobs and the aim is to make it as accessible to as many people as possible.

    Yorkshire Dales sound Pegaso paradise though!

    I'm happy to gather people coming from the south somewhere near Stoke on Trent/Crewe, and we can link up with ytc1 and Jean near Warrington to Malham. It is a little over 1.5 hours from stoke.

    Robbie - From yours to mine is a little under 2 hours.
    “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.” Douglas Adams

  3. #3
    apriliaforum expert ytc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by tom-cat View Post
    Nothing definitive, but Dobbi and I have been in communication. There are some very nice locations and facilities in my location. But....
    My only month, outside school holiday times is mid to late June. Everywhere appears to be pretty much booked.
    Does the date have to be a weekend?
    A midweek date looks far easier to arrange.
    I am thinking in particular about the YHA at Malham. Plenty of options from camping, pods, dorms and private rooms.
    All within 100m from a local public house.
    Would any or all be able to manage a night midweek? Looking at a single midweek night 17th to 27th June.
    Would anyone be able to attend, or is weekend a must?
    Mid week ok for us.


    Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    A square Peg in a round hole - http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/

  4. #4
    apriliaforum expert tom-cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gisburn, Lancashire.
    Posts
    630
    OK. a little update. I have managed to secure 6 places in the camping barn on Lord Clitheroe's estate at Downham near Clitheroe, on the night of Saturday 22nd June.

    There is only the most basic of facilities, an upper floor dry room with lighting, toilet, shower and cooking facility.

    Anyone wishing to sleep in the barn would require pillow, bag and something to sleep on. Similar to the village hall at Robbie's place.

    The surrounding field can fit quite a number of tents should attendees prefer that option.

    They are holding six places for me for the rest of the week. I will have to confirm numbers by then to secure the provisional booking.

    The ball is in your court. Should anyone wish to sleep in the camping barn, I will require confirmation within the next 6 days.

    Anyone wishing to camp in a tent outside, I just require an intimation of your attendance.

    http://www.downhamvillage.org.uk/ind...nham-bunk-barn

    The village may be familiar with a number of you, it has been a very well used location for tv and films due to the time capsule nature.

    Old style phone box, antique street lighting and no tv aerials. Amongst many, the series Born and Bred was filmed here.
    Last edited by tom-cat; 02-18-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    "If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is."

  5. #5
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Hinckley
    Posts
    100
    Count me in please tom-cat.

    In the sleeping barn if poss but I do have a tent if places are taken.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    apriliaforum expert ytc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by tom-cat View Post
    OK. a little update. I have managed to secure 6 places in the camping barn on Lord Clitheroe's estate at Downham near Clitheroe, on the night of Saturday 22nd June.

    There is only the most basic of facilities, an upper floor dry room with lighting, toilet, shower and cooking facility.

    Anyone wishing to sleep in the barn would require pillow, bag and something to sleep on. Similar to the village hall at Robbie's place.

    The surrounding field can fit quite a number of tents should attendees prefer that option.

    They are holding six places for me for the rest of the week. I will have to confirm numbers by then to secure the provisional booking.

    The ball is in your court. Should anyone wish to sleep in the camping barn, I will require confirmation within the next 6 days.

    Anyone wishing to camp in a tent outside, I just require an intimation of your attendance.

    http://www.downhamvillage.org.uk/ind...nham-bunk-barn

    The village may be familiar with a number of you, it has been a very well used location for tv and films due to the time capsule nature.

    Old style phone box, antique street lighting and no tv aerials. Amongst many, the series Born and Bred was filmed here.

    That is the one I pointed Dobbi at.

    But we are already booked into another event, just down the road, that weekend. :-(
    A square Peg in a round hole - http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/

  7. #7
    apriliaforum expert dobbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    shropshire UK
    Posts
    2,585
    Humm, would it be possible to change George? It wouldn't be the same without Bruce sneering at Gurly Stradas.

    Oh Yes, count me in for whenever. I am happy to take a barn place, but if we get others who want to come, i'm more than happy to camp and make way for someone who doesn't want to.
    “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.” Douglas Adams

  8. #8
    apriliaforum expert ytc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbi View Post
    Humm, would it be possible to change George? It wouldn't be the same without Bruce sneering at Gurly Stradas.

    Oh Yes, count me in for whenever. I am happy to take a barn place, but if we get others who want to come, i'm more than happy to camp and make way for someone who doesn't want to.
    8th or 29th if June ok for us.

    Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    A square Peg in a round hole - http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/

  9. #9
    apriliaforum expert tom-cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gisburn, Lancashire.
    Posts
    630
    8th & 29th fully booked at both Downham and Malham.

    Midweek dates wouldn't be a problem, but weekends are heavily subscribed everywhere.

    As the only responder. How are you fixed midweek Boisty?
    "If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is."

  10. #10
    apriliaforum expert dobbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    shropshire UK
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by tom-cat View Post
    8th & 29th fully booked at both Downham and Malham.

    Midweek dates wouldn't be a problem, but weekends are heavily subscribed everywhere.

    As the only responder. How are you fixed midweek Boisty?
    I am good at any time too.
    “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.” Douglas Adams

  11. #11
    apriliaforum expert ytc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by tom-cat View Post
    8th & 29th fully booked at both Downham and Malham.

    Midweek dates wouldn't be a problem, but weekends are heavily subscribed everywhere.

    As the only responder. How are you fixed midweek Boisty?
    Oi ! I responded too :-(

    Midweek is (currently) fine by me.
    A square Peg in a round hole - http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/

  12. #12
    apriliaforum expert tom-cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gisburn, Lancashire.
    Posts
    630
    Sorry, I meant "normal" responder!
    Dave and you don't count.
    "If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is."

  13. #13
    apriliaforum expert dobbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    shropshire UK
    Posts
    2,585
    Touche! I'll get you back!

    Downham seems like a really nice place. Good for more northly based Peggists. come on, the more the merrier.

    I'll text Robbie and see what he is thinking.
    “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.” Douglas Adams

  14. #14
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Hinckley
    Posts
    100
    Yeah I could do midweek.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    apriliaforum expert ytc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Boisty View Post
    Yeah I could do midweek.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ding ding.

    Have we sorted a date yet ?

    Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    A square Peg in a round hole - http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pegaso meet 2018
    By dobbi in forum 2006+ Pegaso Trail / Strada / Factory
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2018, 08:34 AM
  2. Pegaso meet up NW UK
    By dobbi in forum 2006+ Pegaso Trail / Strada / Factory
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2017, 02:26 PM
  3. Pegaso meet up 2015
    By dobbi in forum 2006+ Pegaso Trail / Strada / Factory
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 07-03-2015, 04:59 PM
  4. Pegaso meet up 2015
    By dobbi in forum 2006+ Pegaso Trail / Strada / Factory
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 02:37 PM
  5. NW Pegaso meet anybody?
    By tom-cat in forum 2006+ Pegaso Trail / Strada / Factory
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 04:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •