Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aprilia RS4 50 tuning problem

Today was tested bigger Pilot jet. And was tested carburetor with Brake jet. Carburetor action is changing, but nothing happen with my problem. For example, carburetor idle adjusted and after big rpm idle become 3k and after some time down again on normal idle rpm. I have prepared video:

If Rev till 3000rpm looking mix rich (go down idle rpm), after 9000rpm, mix looking lean. And bigger Pilot jets 36>38>40>42 without changing. Brake jet 0,30 not change this problem, but motor start work without exhaust bump.
    Last edited by Doser; 03-09-2019 at 04:14 PM.

I saw strange air bubbles in main fuel tube, today was put transparent pipe. And have thinking may be it is automatic tap does not supply enought fuel to carburator on high rpm ... Also before was saw some fuel parts in vacuum tap tube, may be in some moments there is pressure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0890.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	501.4 KB 
ID:	376488
    Last edited by Doser; 03-09-2019 at 11:54 AM.

apriliaforum expert
    You should change your fuel tap for a manual one. That is a must have for tuning.
    Dont use B10ES spark plug. Firstly take out your spark plug after a good 100m full throttle and then look at it. After that you can determinate if you need hotter or colder plug. It mostly depends on how hot is your engine and whats the weather there.
    Also your engine is quiet warm. How much is it when you go at like 60kmh on the road? Mostly it should be in the 70-80C range. Best for road/performance/reliability ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldis12 View Post
    You should change your fuel tap for a manual one. That is a must have for tuning.
    Dont use B10ES spark plug. Firstly take out your spark plug after a good 100m full throttle and then look at it. After that you can determinate if you need hotter or colder plug. It mostly depends on how hot is your engine and whats the weather there.
    Also your engine is quiet warm. How much is it when you go at like 60kmh on the road? Mostly it should be in the 70-80C range. Best for road/performance/reliability ratio.
    Bike long time without drive on video during carb regulation. I will test on drive it tomorrow, today rainy day here. Original Aprilia high temperature signalization never show high temperature alarm before.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by THE BROWN NOTE View Post

You can clearly see some detonation marks and too lean mixture. The big glory hole in the piston seems to be too advanced ignition. If you use too hot plugs the tip will melt off from the plug thats for sure. But the piston wouldnt look like this. Too cold plugs can cause bad idle, hard starting, ignition cut outs.

Spark BR9ES. I sure air mix rich. Also I look piston wet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	020A6156-7CA3-46CC-85EC-EC21C69C12F5.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	459.6 KB 
ID:	376492  

apriliaforum expert
    Whoah that is a rich fucker. Was this after full throttle? Main jet might be big. Try to pull in the choke while you are on full throttle. See what it does.
    Also you might need to change your float height.
    Easy way to check it that you are in neutral, half throttle, put your hand on to the air inlet to block the half of it. If it bogs down then its too rich if it revs up its too lean. This shows how rich is your needle height and float height. If you dont feel any difference between needle heights you might need to experiment with float height too.

Cool

Hey Doser,

I'm all out of PMs again!

Quote Originally Posted by Doser
    Hello, Tora.

It is correct what Malossi manual tap fuel tube connector 9mm? I worry about big difference with Polini CP carburetor connector. What your tube inner diameter?

Brg,
    Vitaly
    The Purple Malossi petcock is 8mm if I'm remembering correctly. I have one on the DRP, but also OMG makes a similar one that's not as pretty, but is actually easier to turn. I have one of those on the GPR Track bike.

There are two reasons to change petcocks on these bikes. More flow, or you want a manual shut off (ie not a vacuum shutoff). The problem with the high flow petcocks is that they don't feature a reserve, nor do they have a means to send a signal that the fuel is low (like on the 2005 GPRs). On your bike I think neither of these issues would be a problem, but getting to the petcock might be a bit more challenging. I did fit one of the Malossi, or OMG units to the Red Rocket, because it was needed with the 28mm carb for the 2Fast kit, but I don't seem to have a photos of it installed. \_(ツ)_/

It is after work on the neutral. Main jet I think to little rich, but will test on road after 2km drive.
    Last edited by Doser; 03-09-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Was found one same construction tap as Malossi. Have 6mm connector for fuel hose. CP carb have 7mm. Both connectors ok for tranparent tube 5x9mm. Malossi have 9mm fuel connector, I think to big.
    Yes, RS4 have separate reserve sensor.

Name:  robinet-d-essence-manuel-d-6mm-avec-filtre-cgn484644.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  13.3 KB

I try explain again about main problem. After 1900rpm idle mix adjustment if open throttle till 3000 rpm, idle come again 1900rpm without problems. If open throttle till 9000rpm for example or more, at first idle come on 3000rpm and after 15sec for example come to 1900rpm. It is possible look on my video. I still can’t winn this problem

apriliaforum Member
    little less air and little more fuel...adjust the needle,change main jet or adjust air filter

Here's another post about petcocks on GPR Camp.

Sticky idles are usually caused air leaks.

Agree 100% with Tora. Air leak or possibly a sticking carb slide/throttle cable will cause the idle problem

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast