Thread: Any interest in a UK Rally Raid for sale?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Feedback Score

Any interest in a UK Rally Raid for sale?

If you're looking at this thread then you probably already know that the Caponord Rally Raid was a limited run bike with only 400 manufactured for the worldwide market and apprently 20 brought into the UK. Just checked and there were FIVE taxed in 2018!! So this is history in the making. https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=...&commit=Search

Anyway..... It's a rare 2003 53 plate with 54k on the clock and in good condition. Ive had this bike for nearly seven years (my second Capo) Its got full service records, had new r/r, metal fuel coupler, fuel sender, recon suspension, new front discs, clutch slave, headlight guard, BMW winglets, had ECU twiddled by Grant down in Watford, side stand extender (home made in aluminium, but looks good and does the job), sat on Avon trail Riders with loads of tread, heated grips (that for some reason turn off when the indicators come on - not my doing as were on when I got it and have never really needed them as the hand guards are spot on), uprated battery (18months), its had four new coils over seven years, loads of other stuff that I can't think of off the top of my head. There's loads of recipts and notes relating to work carried out throughout it's life.

for the right price will come with my trusty H&B Gobi panniers. The original H&B panniers are available, but will need an adaptor plate from H&B as the Gobies have a slightly closer fit on the locks. (about 20 quid)

Was always serviced by MotoStrada in Shipley (who I believe are now closed as a bike garage) - Sad as Bob knew Italian bikes inside out.

Its been all round Europe and 100% faultless (apart from once when it got water in the electrics in some biblical rain one night).

Don't get me wrong this is not a mint in box bike - its been used for what it was designed for, but at the end of the day its a Rally Raid and has always made me smile, especially as people dont know what it is and as a friend once said - its so 'ugly duckling' its bloody beautiful!!!

I dont want the hastle of having 50 people calling round / meeting up and not buying, so if you are interested then please get in touch and we can take it from there.

MOT Aug 2019 (passed 11 of last 12 no probs)
    Got 54292 miles on the clock

Looking for about 3k OVNO for that you will get the bike, gobi panniers, and lots and lots of paperwork
    EDIT *** PRICE DROP See below ***

Name:  img1.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  322.1 KBName:  img2.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  268.9 KBName:  img5.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  317.9 KB
    Last edited by mawse; 05-04-2019 at 12:07 PM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Feedback Score
    Ok then - guessing no interest at all in a Caponord Rally Raid!

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    very interested, just wrong side of the pond is all.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Feedback Score
    Still up for grabs if anyone is interested

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Feedback Score
    I can't believe no one is interested in a UK Caponord Rally Raid

This has to be moved on to be loved by a new owner. PRICE DROP TO 2K

just have a look on evilbay at the prices of some 'normal' capos (at the mo up to 3490!)

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    Hi Mawse, I'm very interested in your RR,(to add to my other 2 Capos..!!) but I'm at the wrong end of the country and with limited availability to come and look at it, although your very detailed description helps massively with that aspect.. Wherabouts in Yorkshire are you..I'm up in the Midlands soon and could maybe get up then. How quickly are you looking to shift it ..?

Regards

Chris

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    Hello

Yes I am interested for sure, had one before. Can I have contact details please.

apriliaforum Member
    Feedback Score
    I wish it was in the US but I’m going to take a wild assed guess that it would’ve been snatched up 30 seconds after it was posted.

apriliaforum Member
    Feedback Score
    Mawse, I imagine you’d rather not tassle with the hassle but do you (or anyone else in here) have any experience with shipping overseas?

apriliaforum Member
    Feedback Score
    The more I look at this beast the more I want it! *guess I’ll have to stop looking* lol